X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-13 Incoming Freshman Classes Write-Up

*****http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/popcorn.gif******
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

So you find it stupid for people to judge your fandom bc you didn't go to U of MN, but you decide you are a better fan that Scoobs cause he has some reality and isn't always blindly just spouting pro-Gopher rhetoric. Huh....
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        So you find it stupid for people to judge your fandom bc you didn't go to U of MN, but you decide you are a better fan that Scoobs cause he has some reality and isn't always blindly just spouting pro-Gopher rhetoric. Huh....
        Not what I've been saying at all. In my mind, a person who has been following the program their whole life, and has made multiple sacrifices to attend games is a bigger fan than a transplant who just becomes a fan because they are on campus and it's something to do.

As for Scooby, my questioning of his fanhood runs much deeper than not seeing eye-to-eye with me on the "all in-state" thing. And I believe I've made that clear for a while.
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I think by creating an account on this board and posting, that alone probably makes most of us more than just a casual College Hockey fan... just sayin'.
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Sadly, I have to defend JDUBBS on the "not attending school you cheer for so you are less of a fan thing" being a joke of an argument. There are a lot of people who did not go to a particular school they cheer for in sports. I went to Saint John's University because I wanted to continue my athletic career, loved the campus and the small, close knit community SJU provided, and a lot of my friends were going there. I have been a Gopher fan since I was a small kid (and a Hoosier fan, but I digress), followed them loyally from afar, and experience the highs and lows just as much as those who attended or are attending the University of Minnesota. Now, I would be a little confused if someone went to BU and was a huge BC fan, but I am sure it happens, and I do not question that person's loyalty or passion for his/her favorite hockey team if he/she puts in as much effort to watch games, buy school gear, (and get on message boards! ) as fans who attend the school. If some of you think not attending said school you cheer for means you are less of a fan, fine, but I think that line of thinking is foolish. As for the rest of JDUBBS arguments, I have had him on ignore for months. I am in no way endorsing anything else he spouts off on here.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go shower.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              I would argue that the list of programs that could have accomplished that are very very small. So, despite the fact that I think it's a very cool thing I'm not going to get my undies in a bunch if fans of other squads don't think it's so wonderful.
              One irony in this "discussion" is that most fans giving Dubber grief think that what UMinn's hockey program accomplished is cool--I know I do. It's Dubber's obsession that triggers our urge to make fun of him. And I also admit to being a little immature in that, but hey, it's not like we pulled him out of the handshake line for a go. . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                I think by creating an account on this board and posting, that alone probably makes most of us more than just a casual College Hockey fan... just sayin'.
                I agree with that. But a fan of what team? Sometimes it's tough to tell who's trolling whom. Some might call Scooby's constant criticism and negativity of the Gophers extreme sandbagging (and in his mind I'm sure he thinks he is being objective), but I (and others) have grown tired of the act. It borders on trolling your own fanbase.

There is such thing as taking the "objective" stance too far. And "too far" is an understatement with Scooby. Like not even having Minnesota ranked in the Top 15 mid-season last year. Come on. It's a joke.

Of course fans of other teams are standing up for Scooby. What non-Gopher fan doesn't like a Gopher fan who trashes the Gophers?

I understand I have my share of critics on this board. Even within my own fanbase. I am outspoken, but I would contest just honest. However, I know for a fact there are plenty of other Gopher fans who are tired of Scooby's act too. It's getting really old.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  One irony in this "discussion" is that most fans giving Dubber grief think that what UMinn's hockey program accomplished is cool--I know I do. It's Dubber's obsession that triggers our urge to make fun of him. And I also admit to being a little immature in that, but hey, it's
                  not like we pulled him out of the handshake line for a go. .
                  . .

Only a classless goon would do something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Wow. I don't believe in the polls. I believe in the Math. KRACH, PWR, etc. So, when people say Minnesota should be ranked "X" I invariably say it's too high. It's no different than the Minnesota is talented, Michigan always wins, Cornell is scary joke that has been running on this board close to 10 years now. The board is supposed to be fun, not a referendum on people's loyalty or respect.
                    Was one example in a long list of comments and opinions you have expressed that has given a strong impression that you are purposefully being overly negative to troll your own fanbase. It's getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      I agree with that. But a fan of what team? Sometimes it's tough to tell who's trolling whom. Some might call Scooby's constant criticism and negativity of the Gophers extreme sandbagging (and in his mind I'm sure he thinks he is being objective), but I (and others) have grown tired of the act. It borders on trolling your own fanbase.

d.

B.S.

Your fanbase on this board has some extremely crusty, long time posters who aren't shy about stating how they feel. Really bitter, unhappy souls who clearly despise themselves and have no apparent sense of humor at all, but I digress. *

I'm sure if they had a problem with what a fellow Gopher fan was saying, they'd call him out to his face, and not in your rep. They call you out after all.

* those are an alert that there may be a joke in there or that I may not be totally serious since a few of a certain fan base seem to struggle with recognizing it.

Comment

No, I'm just that negative. Don't believe me ask Handy or Slap Shot, they'll tell you.
                        You take the fun out of being a Gopher fan. And I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Do what you want though. Be as negative as you like. If that's how you think a true fan should behave, then to each his own.

But stop trying to tell me how I should express my fanhood and loyalty to the program I love.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          No, I'm just that negative. Don't believe me ask Handy or Slap Shot, they'll tell you.
                          Yep, Scooby you are that negative we (most of us) know it's not a bit.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand I have my share of critics on this board.
                            Actually, you may have a few other people's share as well.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Whatever floats your boat. I guess life decisions are only important for some of us. Regardless, I've been following the program my whole life, and consider myself a much better fan than you are. In fact, I struggle with believing you're even a fan.
                              So you didn't even go to school at the UMTC?! bahahaha! Seriously though, you really think you're going to win a game of "i'm a bigger fan than you are, na-na-na-na-boo-boo?" What's next? "My dad can beat up your dad?"

:
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I take the fun out of being a Gopher fan?

You go around here with your big "disrespect" chip on your shoulder destroying threads that have taken people weeks maybe months of work to compile and I'm the one taking the fun away?

Okey, dokey.
                                Really? I destroy threads?

If you guys didn't blast every comment I make or opinion that I have, it wouldn't break down into a flurry of insults thrown at me.

You're a pretty arrogant guy after all Scooby. You follow me around, insult me, then blame me for the deterioration of the threads you do it in. Unbelieveable!

I bet your the kind of guy that smacks his wife, them blames her for hurting his hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X