Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 Incoming Freshman Classes Write-Up

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Wrong recruiting class. The Reilly brothers are coming in this year. And they aren't all equally as talented. Mike will be the star of the group IMO.

HA!

You took me off ignore...

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Interesting. I guess 7 = 7 then.

We can't just pretend history never happened
      Did the foot taste good?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I'm not sure what "Titals toal" means, but BC has 2 pre-NCAA "titles" (see my previous post).
        I saw that, and replied. I stand corrected.

7 = 7

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          HA!

You took me off ignore...
          I did. Only a few people still on ignore, and they are probably permanent.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I saw that, and replied. I stand corrected.

7 = 7
            One minor note though, Minnesota shared their "title" in 1929 with Yale. BC was the outright winner of their "title" in 1923.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

One minor note though, Minnesota shared their "title" in 1929 with Yale. BC was the outright winner of their "title" in 1923.
              So, 7 is > 6.5?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's still a title. If you tie for a Gold Medal, you don't get half of a medal.

7 = 7 it is

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  So, 7 is > 6.5?
                  When we're talking about quasi-titles, who cares?
                  North Dakota

Comment

It's still a title. If you tie for a Gold Medal, you don't get half of a medal.

7 = 7 it is
                    It depends on the sport. You can't tie for a gold medal in hockey.
                    North Dakota

Comment

When we're talking about quasi-titles, who cares?
                      I can think of at least one person.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I can think of at least one person.
                        North Dakota

Comment

As a tie breaker we'll go with how many titles each team has won with only Americans (harder to do) and then how many with only in-state recruits (hardest to do).

Minnesota wins. Thanks for playing

Comment

As a tie breaker we'll go with how many titles each team has won with only Americans (harder to do) and then how many with only in-state recruits (hardest to do).

Minnesota wins. Thanks for playing
                            Okay JDubbs, if that helps you sleep at night, you can make up fake tie-breaker scenarios to break a tie for a quasi-title with Yale from over 80 years ago. I'm not sure how many Americans played for that Yale squad, and how many Americans played for that Gopher squad, so I'll leave it up to you to figure that all out.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Okay JDubbs, if that helps you sleep at night, you can make up fake tie-breaker scenarios to break a tie for a quasi-title with Yale from over 80 years ago. I'm not sure how many Americans played for that Yale squad, and how many Americans played for that Gopher squad, so I'll leave it up to you to figure that all out.
                              I always sleep well at night. I'm a Gopher fan

And BTW, the Gophers won the 1976 and 1979 titles using only in-state players. Every player who played at least one game heralded from the great state of Minnesota. And the 2002 title was won with only Americans. In fact, only Grant Potulny came from outside Minnesota.

Those all happened much more recently than 80 years ago, and not during the era of college hockey you'd like to pretend never happened
                              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I always sleep well at night. I'm a Gopher fan

And BTW, the Gophers won the 1976 and 1979 titles using only in-state players. Every player who played at least one game heralded from the great state of Minnesota. And the 2002 title was won with only Americans. In fact, only Grant Potulny came from outside Minnesota.

Those all happened much more recently than 80 years ago, and not during the era of college hockey you'd like to pretend never happened
                                The tiebreaker that I was referring to was for the 1929 title. The Gophers did not tie with anyone for a title in 1976, 1979, or 2002.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X