2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Another Hockey East season is upon us fellas.

Pre-seasson thoughts, concerns, projections, expectations and of course, where do you think the 10 squads will finish.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    Another Hockey East season is upon us fellas.
    *cough*

Comment

You just can't outrun the PC Police, can you? [And for those who've been living in another dimension, PC doesn't refer to a college in Rhode Island]
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

All the top teams except for UML suffered heavy losses due to graduation, pros, etc, but I still think that BC returns the most proven talent with guys like Mullane, Gaudreau, Arnold, Hayes, Whitney, Milner, Wey, etc and will also be able to plug some obvious holes with top end recruits like Matheson & Vatrano. So I'd put BC at #1, then would think 2-5 is a toss-up between BU, UML, UNH and Maine. Rounding out 6-10 would go with MC, NU, UMASS, PC and UVM in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          *cough*
          After 23, 000+ posts, you're entitled to more respect than "fella" Would you prefer posters and postesses?

This season we will see a top 4 or 5 team from last year struggle. We will also a bottom four team earn home ice. BC won't dominate until January (nothing new here). bu will disappoint its fans by failing to make the Garden. Lowell can't possibly meet the goals its fans have set for them, as they expect to appear in the final four at a minimum and to take it all in 2014. Providence will improve further especially if Gillies is as advertised. If he isn't, which is quite possible, they will still have the ability to score a lot to win. NU have some firepower, but will have to depend on a lot of new faces on D in front of an experienced goalie. Maine lost a ton of scoring and their goalkeeping is mediocre. Merrimack will need to play clean to avoid spending 20+ minutes/game on the penalty kill trying to protect their inexperienced goalkeeping. UNH will be pretty good, but not great, as they no longer have Moses to the winner's circle. UMass' charming fanbase will turn on their own team. Coed will refuse to party with players. Several will leave school at the Christmas break citing frustration and deprivation. without being specific. In Burlington it will snow in September and October and rain for the rest of the winter.

It is written. So it shall it be.
          Last edited by Ryecheers; 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Just like every other year in recent memory, a majority of posters will predict that UMass will miss the Hockey East Playoffs. Just like every other year in recent memory, they will be wrong.
            #NewMass

Comment

BC-King until dethroned.
              UML- no you will not finish first.
              PC-on the way up.
              BU-a date with BC in the semis.
              UNH-you really can't break up that BC-BU game.
              NU-Hounds deserve better than they have received lately.
              MC-that puts someone else lower.
              ME- Goodbye Timmay, last game in Quarters at Conte.
              UMA-tie with UVM.
              UVM-tie with UMA as the coaches think alike and know each other too well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                *cough*
                And ladies!
                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

1 Boston College: Until proven otherwise, they are the kings. Best coach, most talent, enough said.
                  2 Lowell: Much of the team is back from last year, good goaltending, sound defense.
                  3 Boston University: Talent will prevail as long as one or both of rookie goaltenders step up.
                  4 New Hampshire: Casey DeSmith caught fire second half, team almost made it to Garden, momentum will carry Wildcats back to home ice.
                  5 Providence: Gillies should upgrade goaltending, good coach, will take advantage of weak bottom half of league.
                  6 Maine: Goaltending should be a little better. Black Bears lost a lot of talent, but even so have more offensive firepower than teams below them.
                  7 Merrimack: Team defense will still be good with nucleuous of D minus Stollery returning. Goaltending will see drop off. Where the offense will come from is huge question, too.
                  8 Northeastern: Can Rawlings be more consistent and not let up the softies? If he can, NU could slide to 6th, but I'm not sold on him being reliable.
                  9 UMass: New coach, not much talent outside Pereira and Sheary on offense.
                  10 Vermont: Could be better, but not enough talent to see them much higher.

Comment

Anyone that has PC in the bottom four teams really hasn't done their research...They have the top drafted incoming freshman skater and I believe the top drafted college goalie coming in...They will be better I think...
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I agree ZLax, PC is definitely going to surprise some people. I hope those freshmen stay a few years. Heres what I got:

1) BC - Best team in Hockey East, favorite to win the Nat'l Championship again
                      2) UML - Didn't lose much and Carr is a beauty. Hope those fans keep filling the Tsongas.
                      3) BU - Always on top and have some good freshmen coming in
                      4) PC - Great freshmen class, this team is going to be impressive, especially in the 2nd half
                      5) UNH - After looking at their lines, they may slip lower than 5. Where did all the talent go?
                      6) Maine - Their goaltending will keep them in games, unlike they did from years past. This has got to be Timmy's last year though, right?
                      7) Northeastern - Hey! Freshmen are actually going to show up for Northeastern (Gaudreau and Gillies) with the Roy brothers!
                      8) Merrimack - Where did Stephane DaCosta and Joe Cannata go? Please turn down the music in this old barn. Hurts my ears. Seriously, turn down the music.
                      9) UMass - New coaches... but I expect Tiefenwerth to make an impact, especially in those games against BC
                      10) UVM - Umm... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Anyone that has PC in the bottom four teams really hasn't done their research...They have the top drafted incoming freshman skater and I believe the top drafted college goalie coming in...They will be better I think...
                        I don't see anyone here who has them in bottom 4?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          All the top teams except for UML suffered heavy losses due to graduation, pros, etc, but I still think that BC returns the most proven talent with guys like Mullane, Gaudreau, Arnold, Hayes, Whitney, Milner, Wey, etc and will also be able to plug some obvious holes with top end recruits like Matheson & Vatrano. So I'd put BC at #1, then would think 2-5 is a toss-up between BU, UML, UNH and Maine. Rounding out 6-10 would go with MC, NU, UMASS, PC and UVM in that order.

I was talking about this post!
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

BC - the team to beat in HE and in the nation.
                            UML - strong goaltending and experience help the river hawks.
                            BU - always there in the end and this year is no different.
                            PC - great class coming in mixed in with a garden group and another year with the coach.
                            UNH- emergence in net last year gives UNH nod over Maine.
                            Maine- more fire power than the teams below but some questions in Orono.
                            Northeastern- equal to Merrimack up front better in net.
                            Merrimack - too many questions in net and consistent scoring still a downfall.
                            U Mass- could be a surprise and make the playoffs but new coach and changes will be too much.
                            Vermont- will be better than people think. Scoring is a major issue and offseason didn't help.
                            Rinks Visited
                            DCU Center
                            Tulley Forum
                            TD Garden
                            Tsongas Arena
                            J. Thom Lawler Arena
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Agganis Arena
                            Verizon Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Matthews Arena
                            Thompson Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            Alfond Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Magness Arena
                            Ingallas Arena
                            Hart Center
                            Prudential Center
                            TD Bank Sports Center
                            John A Ryan
                            Lynah Rink
                            Appleton Arena
                            Cheel Arena
                            Germain Arena
                            XL Center
                            Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                              Lowell can't possibly meet the goals its fans have set for them, as they expect to appear in the final four at a minimum and to take it all in 2014.
                              While we're extremely excited for this year, and deservedly so, I don't think any fans have said anything like this.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                              X