2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 Hockey East Thread

Hold on tight to these years. One more year to heckle Diamond and when he's gone you'll wish he was around to talk about. When Keith Johnson graduated and we didn't have to warn everyone to hide their 14 year old daughters, it was a sad, sad day (Oh I know, KIA is going to tell us it was all his brother's fault and he framed Keith and then maybe he'll bring up that goalie that tried to kill himself on Pat Eaves' knee). I hope Diamond's posse doesn't show up sitting two rows behind me in Conte again this year because we needed to call the janitor to mop up all the tears they left behind two years ago.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Apparently the Hockey East media takes after Hockey East and loves the everyone deserves a trophy mentality. I don't even care if there was a tie, just pick three forwards.
      Who is going to break the tie if they have all voted? Is something this irrelevant worth going to trouble to break a tie over? It's not like this is an actual end of season award or anything.
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm sure they could come up with a way to break the tie, but in the end you're right...doesn't really matter. I still don't like it though, just like when it happens with the postseason teams/awards.

Comment

I'd imagine that the golf clapping pu$$!€$ at Conte showed as much balls with regards to Diamond's "posse" as the BC hockey team shows against Diamond himself. BC is a phenomenal program made of phenomenal hockey players and coaches......but I'd rather bring the men's (and probably the woman's) volleyball team into a street fight than Jerry's boys.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac37 View Post
            I'd imagine that the golf clapping pu$$!€$ at Conte showed as much balls with regards to Diamond's "posse" as the BC hockey team shows against Diamond himself. BC is a phenomenal program made of phenomenal hockey players and coaches......but I'd rather bring the men's (and probably the woman's) volleyball team into a street fight than Jerry's boys.
            I have no idea what your first sentence means, but as for the rest...I want "Jerry's boys" to be good on the ice, not in a street fight.

Comment

My column this week looks at the preseason poll and breaks down all the teams - bit.ly/OWXrqv

And yes, that lone first place vote looks quite out of place.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that Girgensons error. I thought I had heard he was NHL-bound but it didn't stick apparently.
              Last edited by tylerzx2002; 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac37 View Post
                Lay off the moonshine, sober up and come back when you're able to write something that is a little more coherent, ok?

Comment

We need a good street fighting thread.
                  Rock and stick fighting would make pretty cool threads too.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                    My column this week looks at the preseason poll and breaks down all the teams - bit.ly/OWXrqv

Are you somehow unaware that Girgenson is not at UVM??? An error like that strongly taints the quality of the rest of your effort.

Were you the bold fellow who gave Maine its first place vote?
                    Last edited by Ryecheers; 09-24-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Lol, Zemgus Girgensons, really?
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Hockey East Coaches Poll.

Hockey East Composite TV Schedule.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So York voted for UNH? Or was it JackPa???

Comment

So York voted for UNH? Or was it JackPa???
                            Apparently York thinks highly enough of UNH to give them his vote.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Also, wonder if there's the potential for more TV games depending on NHL lockout situation. Although, NESN would probably rather show a re-run of the Bobby V show.

Comment

Also, wonder if there's the potential for more TV games depending on NHL lockout situation. Although, NESN would probably rather show a re-run of the Bobby V show.
                                I think this is very possible.

NBC Sports is going to be looking for anything beyond rodeo and fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X