Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Lets get it on! Looking forward to what should be a very, very, very, good season.

Ticket info for those of you thinking of going to the Chicago game against the evil red team.
    Last edited by Greyeagle; 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

I'll be there! Just a short drive from Milwaukee.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I'm in!

Let's go Gophers!

Comment

Gotta post to get the green arrow.

Not that anyone cares, but you won't have to hear me ***** about not having BTN anymore. Just noticed I now get it. Maybe all the complaining to the company paid off.

Thanks for starting this Grey Eagle. Hope another thread explosion doesn't occur with the JDUBBS and his haters.

Can't wait for this season to begin.......

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          Not that anyone cares, but you won't have to hear me ***** about not having BTN anymore. Just noticed I now get it. Maybe all the complaining to the company paid off.
          Good news!! I got so sick of your beetching I almost invited you over to watch BTN games.

Hope another thread explosion doesn't occur with the JDUBBS and his haters.
          Out of my hands & probably inevetable something explodes.....but JDUBBS does love the team & program and it's hard to complain about that.
          Last edited by Greyeagle; 09-01-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Indeed he does bleed Maroon and Gold.

Also I just noticed I still have the sports entertainment pack from Comcast (I must not have cancelled after the season) so I'm good to go for another College Hockey season.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Good news!! I got so sick of your beetching I almost invited you over to watch BTN games.
              Then I would have been beetching about how long the drive was....Now I'll have to find something else to complain about (besides Scoobie being more pessimistic than I).

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Out of my hands & probably inevetable something explodes.....but JDUBBS does love the team & program and it's hard to complain about that.
              I don't think it is the fact that he loves the team and the program that people complain about....

Comment

I don't think it is the fact that he loves the team and the program that people complain about....
                True dat.....

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Indeed he does bleed Maroon and Gold.

Also I just noticed I still have the sports entertainment pack from Comcast (I must not have cancelled after the season) so I'm good to go for another College Hockey season.
                  I got a decent deal on a tv from a fellow Gopher fan (46" LCD, generic brand) which is now next to my 42" Plasma in my living room. AND have the sports package. I'm more than ready for hockey season.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I got a decent deal on a tv from a fellow Gopher fan (46" LCD, generic brand) which is now next to my 42" Plasma in my living room. AND have the sports package. I'm more than ready for hockey season.
                    I pay $160 a month for the highest tier cable package just so that I can get all the Gopher games here in Milwaukee. The cable company is r@ping me, but it beats missing Gopher hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      I pay $160 a month for the highest tier cable package just so that I can get all the Gopher games here in Milwaukee. The cable company is r@ping me, but it beats missing Gopher hockey.
                      I'm thinking of splurging on HD for the length of the season. See if it is worth the extra money. I have also often gotten the Sports package at NCAA time to see more games. Almost worth it for the season now, given that there are more channels showing college hockey. Although there were a couple times last year without the package where I had 4 games available at the same time. (And maybe even a Wild game on a couple of those occasions.) Sure is better than the not so distant past.

Comment

I'm thinking of splurging on HD for the length of the season. See if it is worth the extra money. I have also often gotten the Sports package at NCAA time to see more games. Almost worth it for the season now, given that there are more channels showing college hockey. Although there were a couple times last year without the package where I had 4 games available at the same time. (And maybe even a Wild game on a couple of those occasions.) Sure is better than the not so distant past.
                        The things we do to watch hockey

Comment

I pay around 160/mo for cable/net/sports package, HD of course. However, and I think this still holds true, to get the 4 major sports network package (MLB, NFL, bouncyball, NHL), you have to have the sports package. Add in the FSNs, and the CBS Sports channels, etc, it's worth the 8~ per month for it. I think the highest number of college hockey games I have seen on air in one night was 6. That's really rare, though. Usually it's 3-4 (MN, UND home, BSU, and random).
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I pay around 160/mo for cable/net/sports package, HD of course. However, and I think this still holds true, to get the 4 major sports network package (MLB, NFL, bouncyball, NHL), you have to have the sports package. Add in the FSNs, and the CBS Sports channels, etc, it's worth the 8~ per month for it. I think the highest number of college hockey games I have seen on air in one night was 6. That's really rare, though. Usually it's 3-4 (MN, UND home, BSU, and random).
                            Sounds like the package I have. And you're right, it's well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              Sounds like the package I have. And you're right, it's well worth it.
                              I have to admit, I was a little inspired by ShirtlessGuy (of Tech fame). A few years ago, he and bigblue_dl were roommates, and they had 4 tvs. Come NCAA playoff hockey? Yep, you guessed it: all 4 tvs they had were in the living room, all hooked up to the dish. I might have had something in my eye that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X