This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2012-2013

Minnesota Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2012-2013: The Quest for More Hardware
    Minnesota Hockey

Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2012-2013

Much opportunity for larger roles for many returning eh?

Under optimum circumstances, which I certainly hope to see...I think I know what to expect in goal. With the major morph from the championship team to this 2012-2013 squad, that's about the only aspect I have fair confidence in. I do have some confidence in thoughts on who is likely to assume leadership roles but I'll let that play out on it's own.

Perhaps more favorable conditions for the 2012 frosh than the preceding class as well...due to the considerable losses to graduation. Per ice time that is.

Really looking forward to getting first looks at those I haven't seen play previously.

And as always since the beginning of time...really looking forward to beating the bullmu...uh...I'll get into that at some point going forward.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

FYI on schedule change from GWH team on Facebook:
      For any of you GWH fans who were thinking about traveling to Madison for our games at the new LaBahn Arena, we have a schedule change! The games will now be on Friday, Jan. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 27. There will be not be a game on Saturday, Jan. 26 anymore.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        FYI on schedule change from GWH team on Facebook:
        Friday-Sunday...
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Frosty's ahead of the game this year... Megan Bozek and Bethany Brausen have been named team captains, per the team's Facebook page and GopherSports.com blog.

http://www.gophersports.com/blog/201...announced.html
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
            Frosty's ahead of the game this year...
            Or just not as far behind the game as he has been in recent years. Congrats to Megan and Bethany!
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Fantastic choices!!!

Comment

I'd have been half right trying to predict this.

Comment

Great choices. I know Bethany very well and she is a class act. A true leader!

Met Boz a few times and seems very together. Heard she keeps the girls focused in practice and will let you know if your not playing at 100 percent. Love it!

Also love when Beth said a team full of captains...Nice!

Go Gophs!

Comment

The quest begins anew in:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...19&min=7&sec=0

Easing up on the torture a little I hope as it really is not long now.

GO GO GOPHERS!
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PPC Fan View Post
                      Fantastic choices!!!
                      I agree totally. Cant wait to see incoming freshmen!

Comment

Does anyone possess any intel on the 2012-2013 Colgate squad?
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                          A new coach always makes a team unpredictable.

Has anyone heard/read anything about the possibility of a Maroon/Gold scrimmage being open to the public in another week?
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            Certainly no "inside intel" here but a few days ago I did take a good look at last year's stats and saw that in terms of scoring they have pretty much everyone returning (everyone who had more than 10 points). The big question-mark might be in goal, as their mainstay (who played nearly all of their minutes last season) has graduated. I also see that Colgate will have played an opening exhibition game against Etobicoke, which should provide an opportunity for their coaching staff to make some adjustments before taking the ice against the Gophers.

One other point is that the best time for an underdog to play a favorite can oftentimes be the first series of the season! They come in all fired up with the mindset of having nothing to lose, whereas the home team can show some nervousness and not have much rhythm. In the Gophers' case their line combinations will certainly be subject to change, as both the returning and new incoming players will be anxious to show where they belong in the lineup. While this provides plenty of motivation to make a good showing, it can also be a negative if they try to do too much individually and not click as a team. Not predicting this by any means; just saying I've seen it happen quite a bit over the years!
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              In the Gophers' case their line combinations will certainly be subject to change, as both the returning and new incoming players will be anxious to show where they belong in the lineup. While this provides plenty of motivation to make a good showing, it can also be a negative if they try to do too much individually and not click as a team. Not predicting this by any means; just saying I've seen it happen quite a bit over the years!
                              Me too. Maybe once or twice at Ridder.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X