X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    I have two complaints about Ridder, both of which only become an issue as it starts to fill up:

1) The concourses really are not designed to handle a full house and it becomes a pain to navigate getting anywhere between periods;
    2) There's nothing to distinguish the general admission seats from the reserved that give the GA ticket holders any idea where they are supposed to fit. Once it gets crowded that means that you have a lot of disputes between people who find someone in their seats and the people who are already sitting there that don't understand the policies and don't realize that they are sitting in a reserved seat.

There's nothing much to do about the first problem at this point, but the athletic department really needs to fix the second.
    Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
    My assumption was the benches with backs were GA and the chairs were the reserved seats. Correct?
    Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    That's correct, but my reserved section gets flooded with people who have no idea.
    Could be worse... It could be like AMSOIL Arena in Duluth where all the seats are chair seats and there's no indication as to which section is which. In fact, they didn't even have a policy for which section was which until some Bulldog season ticket holders became irate about loud Gopher fans ( ) sitting near them when the Gophers played up there back in November.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

More links:

USCHO recap - Kessel ignites rally as Minnesota pulls away from Minnesota-Duluth

GWH Examiner - Gophers tested, but send UMD home empty-handed

Comment

Morning reading material:

Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune - Raty, Gophers women keep on rolling

Comment

Moving forward then, the makeshift 3rd line that played the final two periods against UMD acquitted themselves admirably, I thought. The change for the final two periods that saw Lorence skating with Kessel and Brandt and the absence of Davis meant that Garzone was taking regular shifts with Brausen and Frischmann as the 3rd line. The first period it was Brausen taking the face offs which I guess makes her the nominal center but Frischmann took most or at least lots of the draws in the final two periods. Garzone and Brausen had at least one beauty of a passing play ending with a bang bang near miss for Garzone. Frischmann fired off a bunch of impressive looking shots, mid range rockets that were unfortunately never quite on target. Overall all three played very solid hockey.

Garzone was also taking some shifts on the PK. I thought it was interesting that Menefee was available (she took a couple of shifts at the end of the game in garbage time) but with Lorence on the first line it was Garzone and Frischmann filling in on the third.

The team had enough this time without Davis but her presence was missed. The Gophers are a better team when she is taking her regular shifts (and PP and PK). I hope she is soon OK to resume play.
          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
            I thought it was interesting that Menefee was available (she took a couple of shifts at the end of the game in garbage time) but with Lorence on the first line it was Garzone and Frischmann filling in on the third.
            After the first period and until very late in the game Menafee was on the power play with Brandt and Kessel but Lorence took her place for all of the even strength shifts. I'm not sure exactly what was up but I agree with someone I was talking to who said that Menafee hasn't looked the same since the Christmas break. I'm not sure what it is but she hasn't been as sharp.

Comment

...series with the always physical Whioux. A series that was quite physical in Mankato. A trip to Madison then a bout with UMD and much typical...uh..."spirited" contact play. I believe several are feeling the inevitable "benefits" and in fact are gutting out some physical consequences.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...020413aaa.html
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Megan Ryan, Minnesota Daily - Gophers clinch fastest-ever WCHA title

New Gopher sports magazine Ski-U-Mah now published. February issue contains nice feature article on current Gophers hockey players Rachel Ramsey and Jake Parenteau, whose fathers also played Gopher hockey (page 34).

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                    New Gopher sports magazine Ski-U-Mah now published. February issue contains nice feature article on current Gophers hockey players Rachel Ramsey and Jake Parenteau, whose fathers also played Gopher hockey (page 34).
                    I like the look of the new magazine, and it was a fine opening article about Gopher hockey! Thanks for posting -
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Tyler Mason, Fox Sports North - Winning 36 straight games is nice, but ...

Comment

Bob Sansevere, Pioneer Press - Gophers women's hockey star Amanda Kessel: 'I get complimented quite a bit. ... It's a little awkward'

Comment

Nearly a clean sweep of WCHA awards this week... Brandt, Kessel and Räty Receive WCHA Weekly Honors

See the WCHA thread for the link to the conference release.

Comment

Editor's note: University of Minnesota hockey player Amanda Kessel is the nation's leading scorer with 34 goals, 41 assists and 75 points. The junior forward is a primary reason the Gophers are undefeated in 34 straight games...
                            Editor should update stats if holding material beyond a weekend.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Games notes for this weekend... Gophers-Buckeyes Clash in Weekend Series

Also, putting a link to the latest MN Daily article in the Buckeye-Gopher series thread.

Comment

Are the games @ Ohio State really going to be available from the Gophers via All-Access as it says in the Gopher Game Notes?

Comment

Working...
                                X