Get to know your Gophers with Jordyn Burns:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...012813aac.html
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Women's Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      Get to know your Gophers with Jordyn Burns:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...012813aac.html
      Welcome home, always liked that kids game.

Comment

Sports Illustrated's "Faces in the Crowd" segment that ran in the January 28th issue that includes Amanda Kessel.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/sco.../28/index.html
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

With regards to some of the Patty Kaz discussion for 2013, as a Gopher fan I simply can not imagine a more difficult / impossible choice to make in any attempt to endorse one as the top candidate.

Megan Bozek

Amanda Kessel

Noora Räty
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

With regards to some of the Patty Kaz discussion for 2013, as a Gopher fan I simply can not imagine a more difficult / impossible choice to make in any attempt to endorse one as the top candidate.

Megan Bozek

Amanda Kessel

Noora Räty
            Should be a bit easier for rookie of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
              Should be a bit easier for rookie of the year.
              Really? Who?

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...013013aaa.html
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

"The Hill-Murray graduate has now received the Rookie of the Week honor six times this year. Brandt is second in the nation in points (25g-37a-62pts) behind fellow teammate Amanda Kessel (34g-41a-75pts)."

Have a hunch it just might be Hannah Brandt.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Two links:

Weekend game notes from the Gophers -- http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...013013aad.html

Minnesota Daily -- Top WCHA goalies present challenge for undefeated Gophers, Räty

One correction from the game notes: The Gophs actually only need one point to clinch because of who they are playing (i.e. UMD). Minnesota has a 23-point lead currently. Even with a shootout loss Friday, they'll still lead the Bulldogs by 22 points, and there will only be 7 games (max 21 points) left. Sorry... it's that math/stats guy thing in me coming through again.
                  Last edited by CrazyDave; 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Megan Bozek

Amanda Kessel

Noora Räty
                    Maybe they'll all split the votes and Carpenter will win
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Minnesota Public Radio gave Noora some press:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...-womens-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by LIFT View Post
                        Minnesota Public Radio gave Noora some press:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...-womens-hockey
                        I am one of the few people who would pick this nit but I can't help myself. MPR misidentifies the Gopher defender in the photo from the Frozen Four. That's not Seeler, that's Schleper.
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                          I am one of the few people who would pick this nit but I can't help myself. MPR misidentifies the Gopher defender in the photo from the Frozen Four. That's not Seeler, that's Schleper.
                          Whoops. Yup. They went with the "2" they saw on the jersey, not realizing it was "22".

Comment

Today's StribCast on the Star Tribune website had a nice (and pretty lengthy, for a news organization) feature on the team. The portion on the team starts at the 2:08 mark of the video.

The only complaint I had was when they talked about Hannah Brandt but put up a picture of Mira Jalosuo instead.

http://www.startribune.com/video/189229901.html
                            Last edited by CrazyDave; 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Hey Gopher fans-

Do you think there's the likelihood of the series this weekend being sold out? If we're coming down from Duluth for the game, do you recommend to purchase tickets now?

Just thinking about Wisconsin/ UM series at LaBahn.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                                Hey Gopher fans-

Do you think there's the likelihood of the series this weekend being sold out? If we're coming down from Duluth for the game, do you recommend to purchase tickets now?

Just thinking about Wisconsin/ UM series at LaBahn.

Thanks!
                                Given the (a) lack of any special discounted-price ticket promotions and (b) (in Friday's case) the cold weather, I don't think you'll have any problems getting tickets at the door. Even so, you may want to get to the arena an hour before game time when walk-up ticket sales start.

Comment

Working...
                                X