Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Steve Shields is in the photo below.
    Kyle Bangen left because his wife got a job at Ohio State.
    Thanks. I'm going to grab another beer to calm my nerves now.

Good luck to Kyle, and this makes me sorry for all the "FIRE HIM!1!!!11!" stuff a couple years ago. I wonder who the new overlord of conditioning will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Thanks. I'm going to grab another beer to calm my nerves now.

Good luck to Kyle, and this makes me sorry for all the "FIRE HIM!1!!!11!" stuff a couple years ago. I wonder who the new overlord of conditioning will be.
      No kidding. There's old people online here. I nearly dropped my walker.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        No kidding. There's old people online here. I nearly dropped my walker.
        *click click click*
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Well if true, that all but seals the treadmill's fate...

I would not object to something like that being used from time to time, however I am a fan of something different. I wonder if these two are from the same team (both were offered by the same seller)? The top logo looks familiar...
          Ryan J

*****http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-MTU-MICHIGAN-TECH-HUSKIES-STITCHED-HOCKEY-JERSEY-34-SIZE-XL-/00/s/OTY2WDEyODA=/$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBn0VBQEew5kH(Q~~60_57.JPG******
          *****http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VINTAGE-MTU-MICHIGAN-TECH-HUSKIES-STITCHED-HOCKEY-MENS-JERSEY-5-SIZE-XL-/00/s/OTY2WDEyODA=/$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0hYv-BQT-(Igbhw~~60_57.JPG******
          The top one is very similar to what was used on various pieces of apparel during the the early to mid 80's, and maybe longer. The pep band had jackets with that husky printed on the back. Also interesting is that on both of these jerseys it's "Michigan Huskies", not Michigan Tech.

Kinda like someone is trying to avoid a licensing/copyright lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Kinda like someone is trying to avoid a licensing/copyright lawsuit.
            They are obvious beer league ripoffs, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              They are obvious beer league ripoffs, IMO.
              I agree. Somebody had them made and is trying to make a quick buck

Comment

Or, it's some pee-wee jersey that someone didn't know what team it was from.

I've seen Crystal Lake (Illinois) Leafs pee-wee jerseys on eBay as "Toronto Maple Leafs" jerseys, and the Chicago Wolves pee-wee jerseys as "Game Worn AHL Chicago Wolves" jerseys.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

didn't think of that, could be.

Comment

My vote is that they came from Europe. When I was working in Germany in the 80's saw a t-shirt that had Mich Tech, but was one of the big schools mascot and I think the town was wrong. Wish I would have bought it.

Comment

Have to add now, I hate Gary Bettman.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        Have to add now, I hate Gary Bettman.
                        The first year the Avs were in Denver Bettman came to first Cup final game. They showed him on the big screen and the crowd booed. I thought people here didn't know who he was. (No sub title under his picture)

I vote with you.

Comment

I wonder, if the lockout continues, what will happen to GLI.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Heard some bits of the Mel Pearson show this morning: Sounds like the goalie job is Genoe's to lose, though he didn't exactly say that. Looking for him to have the kind of season Robinson had last year.
                            Scrimmage and cookout in Calumet on I think Oct. 7.
                            "Two Big Ten teams" that haven't been here for a long long time are signing contracts to play in Houghton, awaiting final confirmation.
                            Anyone catch more of it?
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I wonder, if the lockout continues, what will happen to GLI.
                              I believe the Comerica Park events are separate from the Winter Classic (except for maybe the Wings/Leafs Alumni game). The Illitches created the CoPa stuff to make money for Olympia Entertainment after the NHL opted to have the main event at the Big House.

I could see the GLI getting moved back to the Joe if the NHL season is cancelled, and all they are left with is the college and OHL games. Those aren't going to fill Comerica, especially if the Winter Classic isn't associated with them any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I could see the GLI getting moved back to the Joe if the NHL season is cancelled, and all they are left with is the college and OHL games. Those aren't going to fill Comerica, especially if the Winter Classic isn't associated with them any longer.
                                If the NHL has any brains at all they won't cancel an entire season again. When they last did it (2004-05) they didn't pull the plug on the season until Feb 2005. If the NHL is dumb enough to can the 2012-13 season, I can't see them doing it before Thanksgiving. If you don't give 30 days notice, I don't think you can pull of a venue change. We're not talking about going from one indoor rink to another - this is an outdoor game with a ton of specialized equipment required to an indoor game.

I think that changing the venue, even now three months in advance, would be worse than 30% capacity at the outdoor games. I sure wouldn't want the pain of figuring out new seat assignments, mailing new tickets, issuing refunds to those who don't want to watch indoor games, taking calls from PO'd people, etc. I would just take your lumps with poor attendance and send the bill to the NHL if you lose money.

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X