Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Gonna be $112 for the "new and improved" hockey-only video stream this year, or $12/game if purchased individually. IMO, the exhibition should at least be half price to let people test the video quality first, since the game doesn't impact the team record. Naturally though, it's all or nothing.

I think it's going to be the radio for me this season. Maybe I'll pay the $12 for a game here and there (NoDak, Duluth, and/or Northern).
    $12/game is waaaayyyy too expensive. That is crazy. That is more than a month of Netflix.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      $12/game is waaaayyyy too expensive. That is crazy. That is more than a month of Netflix.
      I'll be doing the whole year subscription and be giving an earful if it is not improved
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Preseason Thread: Draft picks, video feeds, and Mel, oh my

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I think someone was looking at the JMSIA ticket prices when they set that price, in a "if we set it too low, no one will show up!" way. Shame.
        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
          I think someone was looking at the JMSIA ticket prices when they set that price, in a "if we set it too low, no one will show up!" way. Shame.
          I will not be in attendance at a lot of games this year anyway. But I'd feel better about paying $12 for a video stream if they told us that proceeds would fund the new scoreboard, or something.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I'm busy too often on Friday and Saturday nights to do a full season pass, and when it comes down to it, I'm not going to pay $12 to watch Tech on my computer when I can turn on some other random game on the big TV and follow the Tech game in the score thread.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Since I work a 2PM - 12AM shift and work every Friday and every other Saturday there is no way I will be signing up for the season, I may buy a game or 2 but that's it, definitely will continue to listen to the online stream though.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                Probably Bill Wirtz's grandson.

Comment

With the cost of $150 to see all sports, I think it would be wise to offer a plan where it automatically charges a monthly cost over the 8 month athletic season. I'll test it for football today and see if it'll be worth it.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I'd buy it if it included the away games. I'm in a similar boat as bose. I work a lot of weekends so it's hard to justify. Assuming it really does have improved quality, and course if it streams to my phone, that would be quite nice.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I'd buy it if it included the away games. I'm in a similar boat as bose. I work a lot of weekends so it's hard to justify. Assuming it really does have improved quality, and course if it streams to my phone, that would be quite nice.
                      So far the quality is greatly improved, we'll see once the game starts. I have it running on both my iPad and desktop.
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

*****http://cl.ly/image/2Q3B0r2q1I0T/Screen%20Shot%202012-09-08%20at%2011.43.51%20AM.png******

Also, it's very easy to broadcast to my Apple TV from my iPad.

Comment

I'll be more interested to know what the quality will be like from the hockey arena, where the lighting is different.

Comment

Just for a little Recruiting update.

Evan Anderson - Penticton (BCHL)
                            Tyler Heinonen - Muskegon (USHL)
                            Jake Kauppila - Coulee Region (NAHL)
                            Chris Leibringer - Muskegon (USHL)
                            Joel L'Esperance - Tri-City (USHL)
                            Michael Neville - Cedar Rapids (USHL)
                            Joe Schuldt - Sioux Falls (USHL)
                            Dylan Steman - Cedar Rapids (USHL)
                            Reid Sturos - Nanaimo (BCHL)
                            Max Vallis - Fischer 135 (Hopefully eligible to play at start of 2013-14 season)

Other notes:
                            Bryce Reddick - Appeal denied, time at Michigan Tech done
                            Kent McPherson - NCAA appeal for MJ time was ruled poorly (would have had to sit out 2 years and 10 games so not attending MTU)
                            Patrick Anderson - Walking on at Michigan Tech to help deal with rulings for Vallis and Reddick.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Why isn't Vallis eligable? I didn't think he had any problems along those lines.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'd like to know about Anderson. Can he play?

Also sounds like the board could use a reporter on the new WCHA and someone from Houghton would be perfect. Maybe eye4 or upnhockey should apply or geezer. Free admission to games after all.
                                I'm actually getting excited on the ROKU channel stuff, I bet we can watch all the teams for basically what we pay now.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X