NAHA Labor Day Weekend Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAHA Labor Day Weekend Tournament

This will be the first opportunity of the season to see a lot of next years college recruits.

Below is the link to the NAHA website with Teams, Rosters, Schedules and Results.

http://www.winter-hawks.org/page/sho...78&tab=content

Go Colorado Select!

Re: NAHA Labor Day Weekend Tournament

32 Teams there this year, should have a ton of talent. Burlington is a great city was there for Worlds. 4 teams from Minny, odds are one of them should be in the finals.

Comment

Who's going? This years tourney has the makings to be one of the best ever. Once again, pretty much all the D1 schools will be watching as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
        32 Teams there this year, should have a ton of talent. Burlington is a great city was there for Worlds. 4 teams from Minny, odds are one of them should be in the finals.
        Odds would be better if they hadn't placed two of the teams in the same Division!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I don't understand - with all Minny girls on these teams, shouldn't these be the 4 semi-finalists? No one else can compete, right?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
            I don't understand - with all Minny girls on these teams, shouldn't these be the 4 semi-finalists? No one else can compete, right?
            From Minny and think our teams will have thier hands full. Many very good teams from everywhere. Should be great competition as always. Best of luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
              From Minny and think our teams will have thier hands full.
              Agreed. It doesn't help when so many of the top players chose not (or could not) participate in the tourney. For example, only two of the eight Minnesota kids on the USA U18 team will be there.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Did we load up a couple of teams or are the Minny teams evened out?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Agreed. It doesn't help when so many of the top players chose not (or could not) participate in the tourney. For example, only two of the eight Minnesota kids on the USA U18 team will be there.
                  I think the attitude among many Minnesota kids is that this is a great tournament to be exposed to college coaches. Most top players heading into their senior year have already committed; probably a few juniors too. If they've commited, or are close to committing, they stay home. Not sure if this the norm for teams across the USA and Canada, but it definitely is the norm for Minnesota players, at least this year and last year.

Comment

This text should be in red.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Well you said it, not me :roll eyes: But seriously, I guess there is some very good talent at this tournament. I'm hoping for updates during the weekend.

Comment

The Boston Shamrocks stopping on the way to the Green Mountains for a warm up game at the Rinks at Exeter (11am, today - Thursday), against the Pacific Steelers for those in the Exeter, NH area.
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                          The Boston Shamrocks stopping on the way to the Green Mountains for a warm up game at the Rinks at Exeter (11am, today - Thursday), against the Pacific Steelers for those in the Exeter, NH area.
                          And?

Comment

To many teams in my opinion, not enough strong teams to maintian the qualtiy this event was known for. Looks like it is more of a money maker than a quality event where every game is competative.

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                              To many teams in my opinion, not enough strong teams to maintian the qualtiy this event was known for. Looks like it is more of a money maker than a quality event where every game is competative.
                              anything having to do with a poor brand of hockey probably begins with the fact that these teams are playing 6 games in 36 hours

Comment

Working...
                              X