Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
    At Hockey Line a few weeks ago I got a chance to chat with Appert and he emphasized that the captains weren't being announced because they hadn't been chosen, and that was because he was waiting for people to earn the honor.
    So one could take that to mean either no one has yet stepped up to earn the honor, or that several people have been stepping, making it hard on Coach. Hopefully, the later. That said, its 3 days before the 1st game ...I 'd hope by now he'd have enough data to make the call.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So, do people think that Boken-4 will be playing hockey this weekend, or will Boken-Fore! be playing golf?

Now I am waiting for Red Cloud to post a picture or a video indicating his disapproval of my attempt at a pun.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        So, do people think that Boken-4 will be playing hockey this weekend, or will Boken-Fore! be playing golf?

Now I am waiting for Red Cloud to post a picture or a video indicating his disapproval of my attempt at a pun.
        Bennett Cerf had better ones on What's My Line, and those were terrible! Not to mention, Red Cloud is like the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody expects him.

Comment

Usually i am pretty critical-but that was one of your better efforts. Either that or the drugs are beginning to work for me.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Golf is at Hamilton this weekend. It'd be tight, but he could be back in time for the game Sat. night...assuming he made the cut after Friday...if there are cuts (no idea).
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Bennett Cerf had better ones on What's My Line, and those were terrible! Not to mention, Red Cloud is like the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody expects him.
              I used to enjoy listening to Bennett Cerf.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Usually i am pretty critical-but that was one of your better efforts. Either that or the drugs are beginning to work for me.
              I think that it is the drugs. BTW, the pun only dawned on me when I entered Bokenfohr's name in the countdown today.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Golf is at Hamilton this weekend. It'd be tight, but he could be back in time for the game Sat. night...assuming he made the cut after Friday...if there are cuts (no idea).
                Until this year, I never paid the slightest attention to RPI golf, but it appears that each team has five or six (or maybe more) players and the top four each day count for the team total.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-02-2012, 04:08 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Until this year, I never paid the slightest attention to RPI hockey, but it appears that each team has five or six (or maybe more) players and the top four each day count for the team total.
                  I disagree RB, you've been remarkably well-informed re: RPI Hockey for many years now.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    if you did pick them up today can you tell us if they're putting a section aside for each team's fans. If not maybe we can spread the word in this thread as to which section (if you choose to) RPI fans might want to sit together.
                    Just got home from work and picking up tickets. Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Person I dealt with asked me if it was for the Albany Devils game on 10/13....told her nope RPI/Union on 1/26. Got that taken care of. Then she gave me a choice of sections to sit in. RPI fans will be in Sections 106-107 behind RPI bench and sections 118-119 on other side of rink. Union fans will be in sections 103-104 behind Union bench and sections 121-122 on other side. I pretty much had full range of choices for the RPI sections so I took section 106 row g seats 1 and 2, in case anyone wants to stop and say hello or drop off a fresh beer
                    Last edited by fishcore12; 10-02-2012, 04:23 PM.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      Just got home from work and picking up tickets. Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Person I dealt with asked me if it was for the Albany Devils game on 10/13....told her nope RPI/Union on 1/26. Got that taken care of. Then she gave me a choice of sections to sit in. RPI fans will be in Sections 106-107 behind RPI bench and sections 118-119 on other side of rink. Union fans will be in sections 103-104 behind Union bench and sections 121-122 on other side. I pretty much had full range of choices for the RPI sections so I took section 106 row g seats 1 and 2, in case anyone wants to stop and say hello or drop off a fresh beer
                      good to know. Thanks fishcore.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I couldnt help but notice that on the RPI season tickets , the 1/26 RPI-Union game at TUC is listed as a 7PM start. On the Devils website, the Devils/ Phantoms game is listed as a 2PM start -- with ZERO mention of the RPI-Union game following. If these times are accurate, this will not be a doubleheader, but two separate events in the same building. So the RPI hockey nuts like me who were hoping to watch both, we'll have to: a) kill a few hours between games amongst the weekend tumbleweeds in downtown Albany (doubtful) or b) just blow off the Devs/Phantoms game and show up at 6:30 for the main event. So much for creating synergy with some cross promotion.
                        If you partake in the adult sodas, Im pretty sure you can kill a few hours and more at one of the watering holes in or around the arena between games..
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Section 106 is behind the visiting team bench for a Devils game....so is it safe to say Union is the home team?
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Section 106 is behind the visiting team bench for a Devils game....so is it safe to say Union is the home team?
                            I guess so, when you've been the big shot in the Capital District the last few years I guess you get to choose those details.

Comment

Amen Ralph. Enough with the intrigue Seth, name the **** Captains already. We have better things to be worrying about.
                              I don't think our great Coach is going to name co-captains until they earn it. I think there was a perception in the first half of last season the team rested on the accomplishments of the year before. I have great respect for guys like Malchuk but I think others thought is was going to be easier than it was. I would not be surprised if Bailen gets an Asst Capt spot but I believe our great Coach is going to make everyone earn every thing. Congrats to CJ, great kid. His dad is a great guy. I'm expecting alot from these group of young men this year.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                I guess so, when you've been the big shot in the Capital District the last few years I guess you get to choose those details.
                                Looking forward to seeing you next sat. my friend. I hope the league isn't going to play favorites with Union because their beat guy totes the party line. Trying to get the Schottsie thing going early this year
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X