Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I personally don't care because any information is good information, but I'm just making sure the barking dogs *coughAspydadcough* don't go after you.
    *****http://img.waffleimages.com/352b12f1e782cd37380407218242be3514483826/t/vlcsnap-2009-07-30-08h42m52s223.png******
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

In honor of Zach Schroeder and Delaney Middlebrook, today is 29 September 2012. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        They legalised J there?
        As I've heard the folks at Ellis and Sunnyview say "The Electric City's been in a slump lately, maybe 25/30 years. You're always welcome here, Fr Joe."
        Here we come!

Comment

With just a week until our first game, I thought we should talk a little hockey.

http://hockey.acadiau.ca/hockey-home.html

It seems that our first opponent has already played three games. Coming in at 1-2-0. I don't know anything about their opposition, but they will have some games under their belt when they play us.
          Does anyone have any idea what kind of game we can expect from the Axemen?
          I don't know about the rest of you, but that name scares me.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            With just a week until our first game, I thought we should talk a little hockey.

It seems that our first opponent has already played three games. Coming in at 1-2-0. I don't know anything about their opposition, but they will have some games under their belt when they play us.
            Didn't we beat them easily last year?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Didn't we beat them easily last year?
              7-0! It took us 6 more games to total 7
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

EHF-it would seem a game we just want to get in, work on a few things, develop some line combinations, and get out. Win/lose/draw and finish with no one getting hurt. The Canadian teams are notoriously physical. I still remember a RPI Tournament game agianst Western Ontario where we won, but Juneau had his thumb smashed up badly and it could have cost us dearly. That Western Ontario was a bunch of hooligans on the ice-but incredibly nice gentlemen when Jen and I met many of them out at dinner that evening.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We're back, baby!
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

For the football fans-not good news. We fell behind quickly after being intercepted on the first play of the game and stayed behind all day. A bit of a rally late to draw close at 34-31 but just too little and too late. Final Merchant Marine 34 and RPI 31 for our first loss of the season and we are now 0-1 in the Liberty League. With Hobart looking like a powerhouse and a very tough Springfield on the schedule-we have our work cut out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      We are now 0-1 in the Liberty League.
                      We're 1-1. We beat WPI last week.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        We're 1-1. We beat WPI last week.
                        Yup-I had forgotten last week's win.

edit: I was just a bit distressed about today's loss as we outgained King's Point in yardage but just could not stop their rushing game out of the triple option offense. I think i could count the number of passes they tried against us on two hands.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          For the football fans-not good news. We fell behind quickly after being intercepted on the first play of the game and stayed behind all day. A bit of a rally late to draw close at 34-31 but just too little and too late. Final Merchant Marine 34 and RPI 31 for our first loss of the season and we are now 0-1 in the Liberty League. With Hobart looking like a powerhouse and a very tough Springfield on the schedule-we have our work cut out for us.
                          Last week, USMMA lost to Hobart. Looked like Statesmen really handled them physically. They fell behind early and the triple option isn't a great offense to game out successfully when you're behind.
                          Here we come!

Comment

T minus 7 days til opening night... and 13 days til tailgate!
                            Here we come!

Comment

US up 10-6 in Ryder Cup!! Ooopps is this the wrong thread for that? C u 2morrow Aspydad....

Comment

In honor of Phil Hampton and Madison Marzario, today is 30 September 2012. There are 6 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X