Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The reason that I did it, and it isn't a good reason, is that when I started, I wanted everyone who knew me from the Hockey_L mailing list to know who I was, and just about everyone there uses their name. I don't use my real name anywhere else that I post.
    I remember you telling tb and I this story at Babo's shindig. Just having fun with you.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      I remember you telling tb and I this story at Babo's shindig. Just having fun with you.
      I believe it's tb and "me".

Comment

In honor of Johnny Rogic and Jenn Godin, today is 24 September 2012. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.
        There are also only 18 days until the tailgate.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting post on intro music: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/09/siriusly.html

Comment

Where the heck is my good friend JohnK? Tb, is it time for a trip to the electric city for a brew with our man? Phone home JohnK!!!!!
            Lurking. Not much to say. Just waiting to see some hockey!

Comment

There actually is no such person. The person who posts under that name uses it to protect his identity. Nobody would ever use their real name on a board.
              I use mine. I legally changed it years ago for business purposes.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Interesting post on intro music: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/09/siriusly.html
                Interesting post. I do remember whilst at a "road" game at Union last year thinking that even though their setup sucks, Union had a better pre-game fan experience. I know it doesn't exactly go along with the history of the program, but something to engage fans a bit more, along with not losing the first umpteen home games would likely draw bigger crowds. A full HFH is a fun HFH. That and a **** band stand. Its an engineering school, you'd think someone with the power to make it happen would realize how awful the band sounds when projecting out of the corner of and echoing around a big concrete bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                  That and a **** band stand. Its an engineering school, you'd think someone with the power to make it happen would realize how awful the band sounds when projecting out of the corner of and echoing around a big concrete bucket.
                  Give it up. It's not happening. You're new, so you haven't heard us go over this repeatedly. The stage is not coming back. There will eventually be something constructed in that end, but unless the school gets a big donation for something different, it's going to be nothing more than a workout room and another luxury box.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    Give it up. It's not happening. You're new, so you haven't heard us go over this repeatedly. The stage is not coming back. There will eventually be something constructed in that end, but unless the school gets a big donation for something different, it's going to be nothing more than a workout room and another luxury box.
                    Given they have some chick spend five hours doing one anthem and throws them into section 13 like yesterday's trash, I don't think that the staff even cares about the band any longer. I'm just sorry you guys don't get to perform on the same stage that Bon Jovi once played on.

Comment

Not new, just previously primarily a lurker. My main point is that the fan experience at the HFH has a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

Given they have some chick spend five hours doing one anthem and throws them into section 13 like yesterday's trash, I don't think that the staff even cares about the band any longer. I'm just sorry you guys don't get to perform on the same stage that Bon Jovi once played on.
                        Interesting that you picked Bon Jovi of all of the people who ever concerts there.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                          Not new, just previously primarily a lurker. My main point is that the fan experience at the HFH has a lot of room for improvement.
                          Given that they tore out a row of seats for us and installed lights so we could see our music, I think the staff cares about us plenty. The reason we are where we are is because Appert thinks we better serve the team in the stands. We are louder on the ice, and we are particularly loud on the opposing bench. This is at the cost of being quieter for the fans, but it's an unavoidable trade-off.

As for the shift to having a singer for the anthem, I'm pretty sure it was to cut down on the yelling of "RED!". I don't see their logic; it frees up the voices of a whole pep band who loves yelling the name of a certain color.

In any case, welcome to the wonderful world of posting, hrbrendan. Sorry my first response to you was so... curt.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Given that they tore out a row of seats for us and installed lights so we could see our music, I think the staff cares about us plenty. The reason we are where we are is because Appert thinks we better serve the team in the stands. We are louder on the ice, and we are particularly loud on the opposing bench. This is at the cost of being quieter for the fans, but it's an unavoidable trade-off.

As for the shift to having a singer for the anthem, I'm pretty sure it was to cut down on the yelling of "RED!". I don't see their logic; it frees up the voices of a whole pep band who loves yelling the name of a certain color.

In any case, welcome to the wonderful world of posting, hrbrendan. Sorry my first response to you was so... curt.
                            I guess 50k/yr doesn't go as far as it used to haha. My money is on the switch to a singer being more related to the fact that from the far end of the building on the student side, the music being played by the band is very hard to hear (given that you're hearing both the original sound along with the echo/delay) which is not the best way to present the national anthem.
                            Last edited by hrbrendan; 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I don't see how you are louder on the ice from the top of 13. They should have put the stage just above the glass where you were. Its tough for the fans sitting close to you including several parents who have complained about the placement of the band. I'm guessing its more than Appert. The fan experience at HFH is terrible compared to years past and placement of the band is part of it.

Comment

I thought the band was better on the stage as well but I sit in section 9 so now they are facing us. It is a bit louder then when they were on the stage because of the projection coming right across the ice rather than straight up the ice. I really really really hope they have upgraded the sound system!!

Comment

Working...
                                X