Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    I noticed over the summer that some schools have promoted their hockey coaches to asst. atheltic directors (Vaughn - Colgate, Dennehy, Merrimack). I wonder if this is in our great coach's future. COL Knowlton does an awesome job IMO and he and SA seem to always be on the same page. Let's face it, RPI is a hockey school and would'nt it make sense to make the head coach asst. AD like is what is happening other places?
    Vaughn has been an Asst. A.D. at Colgate for some time. He even took a year long sabaticcal from hockey (with Stan Moore taking the reigns) to act as interim A.D. This summer, I think they bumped him up to "Associate" A.D. or similar...likely with a pay bump..which I'm guessing is the intent of the maneuever.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Actually, while we're talking about "bump ups", congrats to Chris Thompson, the medical trainer, on becoming head of that department at RPI. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...904124854.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Actually, while we're talking about "bump ups", congrats to Chris Thompson, the medical trainer, on becoming head of that department at RPI. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...904124854.aspx
        A well earned promotion for Chris...a hard working guy. Great decision by the Colonel.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          A well earned promotion for Chris...a hard working guy. Great decision by the Colonel.
          ANyone know if we will have a voluntary assistant coach this season?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Vaughn has been an Asst. A.D. at Colgate for some time. He even took a year long sabaticcal from hockey (with Stan Moore taking the reigns) to act as interim A.D. This summer, I think they bumped him up to "Associate" A.D. or similar...likely with a pay bump..which I'm guessing is the intent of the maneuever.
            How about me as asst. AD?
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              No, they're all going to be indentured servants.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                No, they're all going to be indentured servants.
                Good to know that.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Depends. How many red ties do you own?

Comment

Haven't heard anything.

Comment

I would vote for you-but then, what the heck do i know?
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Depends. How many red ties do you own?
                        I own several red ties. None of them are wrinkled, either.
                        Here we come!

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Why Because you don't have anything to do at your real job? Guess you can surf the net as AD as well......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I will volunteer if they need one. Most of the guys love my input on how they play already.

Comment

In honor of Brianna Piper, today is 6 September 2012. There are 30 days (1 month) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Brianna Piper, today is 6 September 2012. There are 30 days (1 month) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
                                That's got a nice ring to it Ralph! The long off season is drawing to a close...can't be soon enough!

Wonder if anyone out there has heard anything from Capt. practices?? Glimpse of the frosh, etc. ?

Comment

Working...
                                X