2012=2013 rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012=2013 rosters

Why does it take so long for current rosters to come out .... e.g. UNH?

Re: 2012=2013 rosters

Originally posted by sonar View Post
    Why does it take so long for current rosters to come out .... e.g. UNH?
    Dunno about UNH, but generically speaking, there can be all kinds of reasons to delay roster postings. Anything from NCAA eligibility, to injuries/red-shirting, or simply not making the team after initial camp. Some teams choose not to post rosters, until their roster is final.

I prefer to see a team post their roster once it is final, as opposed to it being posted early and then having to make revisions later.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 08-20-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Or in the case of UMD, a less than competent Athletic Department.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
        Or in the case of UMD, a less than competent Athletic Department.
        When evaluating the competence of UMD, remember that they have largely a D-II department, and nowhere near the budget that others like the Big Ten schools have. Less money means fewer human resources and likely less output, regardless of the competence or lack thereof for those involved. I thought they did a good job hosting the Frozen Four, but that was in part due to having players serve as volunteers.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          When evaluating the competence of UMD, remember that they have largely a D-II department, and nowhere near the budget that others like the Big Ten schools have. Less money means fewer human resources and likely less output, regardless of the competence or lack thereof for those involved. I thought they did a good job hosting the Frozen Four, but that was in part due to having players serve as volunteers.
          Well that explains in spades why every day, when I check if RPI's roster is up, it isn't.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Well that explains in spades why every day, when I check if RPI's roster is up, it isn't.
            You should volunteer to help format the roster for posting. I have no doubt of your capability to do so, it would be one less thing that the department would have to do, and you would save time by not having to check every day. Because such an idea makes sense all around, there is zero chance of it ever being implemented.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              You should volunteer to help format the roster for posting. I have no doubt of your capability to do so, it would be one less thing that the department would have to do, and you would save time by not having to check every day. Because such an idea makes sense all around, there is zero chance of it ever being implemented.
              It's a good idea, but they use canned software, and the amount of effort to type it and send it to me is probably exactly the same as entering it into the software.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think all WCHA rosters for 2012-2013 are up except for the Mavericks?
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                  Giving credence to their nickname then

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    An observation on the UND Flickertails. 4 goalies, including one redshirt freshmen goalie; 4 redshirt freshmen in total. 26 total on the roster. Not a bad deal if they can cover your schooling for 5 years. Could complete a lot of coursework for a master's degree.

Beavers are similar: 27 rostered. 3 redshirts, 1 freshman and 2 upper classmen (looks like at least one is a transfer which explains the RS).

Comment

Boston College Eagles 2012-2013 roster
                      http://www.bceagles.com/sports/w-hoc...ockey-mtt.html

Comment

Working...
                      X