Cadets pick up a big transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadets pick up a big transfer

Tori charron will be transferring to Norwich this season.

Originally posted by defence18 View Post
    Tori charron will be transferring to Norwich this season.
    Tori is coming from where????

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
      Tori is coming from where????
      Elmira; 46g and 21a in two seasons there.

Comment

Re: Cadets pick up a big transfer

She is one of 10-15 best D3 players in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
          She is one of 10-15 best D3 players in the nation.
          Plenty of new faces coming to Norwich this fall. Look for a recruiting class release in late August early September once classes start and everything is official.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Ms Charron is one of the premier snipers in DIII. Congrats to Coach Bolding and the Cadets on another big pickup!

Comment

Had the chance to coach her in an off season showcase a couple years ago while she was at Elmira. Absolutely great kid and one heck of a talent. Have followed her from a far at Elmira and she will be a heck of a pickup for the Cadets. Any word on why she is making the move??

Comment

The Rich get Richer.

They may also have a potential player [frosh] to add to the lineup.

Can play D or F. Very solid player. She is a 4 time Nat. Dev. Camp participant.

Comment

Can players transfer from a D3 to a D3 without having to sit out a year?
                  UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                  NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                  Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                    Can players transfer from a D3 to a D3 without having to sit out a year?
                    Yes they can. They can even transfer in the middle of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                      The Rich get Richer.
                      So here is my question: over the years as schools added DIII women's hockey we have all talked about the "growth" of the sport. However, at the upper echelon of schools, has the sport really grown? It would seem to me that as Norwich has grown in stature and success, Elmira has shrunk backwards, and losing Charron can't help. Aren't we just seeing one power replace another?

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                        So here is my question: over the years as schools added DIII women's hockey we have all talked about the "growth" of the sport. However, at the upper echelon of schools, has the sport really grown? It would seem to me that as Norwich has grown in stature and success, Elmira has shrunk backwards, and losing Charron can't help. Aren't we just seeing one power replace another?
                        This is definitely an interesting topic.

I think this year is going to be a "down year" for competitiveness in Division III in the upper echelon at least.

With RIT moving to Division I you've lost a powerhouse team over the last five years. With Coach Plumer moving on to Amherst and Coach Fargo leaving Elmira along with Charron, I see both of those programs regressing a tad this year. Manhattanville isn't quite the same as they were in the 2000's either.

Honestly, on paper it looks to be a four or five horse race right now. Plattsburgh, Middlebury, Norwich, Gustavus Adolphus and River Falls on paper look to be the powerhouse five with everyone else looking up to them.

Plenty could change but I'd be shocked if at the very least three of those five teams listed above aren't in the FF and maybe all four.

I think overall though, the bottom half and middle tier of Division III have made significant strides. Even the top teams have started to lose or tie games to teams that on paper it shouldn't have been close. Sure there are still blowouts, but I think there are far less nowadays.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          This is definitely an interesting topic.

I think this year is going to be a "down year" for competitiveness in Division III in the upper echelon at least.

With RIT moving to Division I you've lost a powerhouse team over the last five years. With Coach Plumer moving on to Amherst and Coach Fargo leaving Elmira along with Charron, I see both of those programs regressing a tad this year. Manhattanville isn't quite the same as they were in the 2000's either.

Honestly, on paper it looks to be a four or five horse race right now. Plattsburgh, Middlebury, Norwich, Gustavus Adolphus and River Falls on paper look to be the powerhouse five with everyone else looking up to them.

Plenty could change but I'd be shocked if at the very least three of those five teams listed above aren't in the FF and maybe all four.

I think overall though, the bottom half and middle tier of Division III have made significant strides. Even the top teams have started to lose or tie games to teams that on paper it shouldn't have been close. Sure there are still blowouts, but I think there are far less nowadays.
                          It is hard to argue with your top picks, but I think the competitiveness assessment may not be as correct as you think. I know in the NESCAC (and all over DIII) there are so many good goalies and so few gimmie games (particularly with the NESCAC 2 game back to back format) that you just have to show up, play hard and hope you win 4 points. Amherst will be dangerous and hopefully the Polar Bears have added something (although I never did hear back from Coach O'Neil, but the PB Athletic Fund check is in mail...). Anyway, congrats to the Cadets and I cannot wait for the added juice of seeing Charron on ice not wearing Purple and Gold against the Purple and Gold at the East-West!!!

Comment

Hey Bear...if you are waiting for a response from that one, you'll be waiting a loooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Is this something called parity?

Comment

Working...
                              X