Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cadets pick up a big transfer

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    That and/or perhaps a successful Nazareth Men's Hockey program giving birth to a women's team, but this is all optimistic thinking.
    It would be great if Naz added a women's team, but even if the men's team is successful, I don't see it happening. The men's team was mainly added for Title IX reasons, and to try to rebalance Naz's heavy female-male ratio. So long as that ratio remains high, I wouldn't look for a women's program anytime soon.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
      Will be interesting to see how well Potsdam overcomes the loss of Lewis and Roy. Those two really made things go for them as they could have played and excelled on any team in the conference. Roy in particular was a dynamic player on the back end, though on the positive side, with her gone they probably will have to kill about half as many penalties...
      I understand Potsdam has picked up a transfer from Clarkson. I remember the player from her PWHL days ... sweet hands and could put the puck in the net. Unfortunately for her, couldn't get ice time at Clarkson. I believe she also played for Team Ontario Blue one year.

Comment

To get back on the Cadets topic and not the ECAC West....I hear there are a couple other pick ups as well from other schools....a forward from Quinnipiac and a goalie from Ohio State??? Although I gather that neither was a D1 star....I would bet that 2 D1 transfers would be a welcomed addition to any D3 club. I was also told that the Cadets will be welcoming their first Czech player from the Czech National Team.....these additions, along with what I understand is a nice recruiting class, are really going to make this a fun year to watch the Cadets.....Let's get the season going.

Comment

Norwich is poised to be the runaway favorite for the entire season.
          Last edited by OneTimer; 08-31-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NPEfan View Post
            I understand Potsdam has picked up a transfer from Clarkson. I remember the player from her PWHL days ... sweet hands and could put the puck in the net. Unfortunately for her, couldn't get ice time at Clarkson. I believe she also played for Team Ontario Blue one year.
            If she has a twin sister already at Potsdam then I know who you are talking about. Quality player, but a little too tiny to compete at the D1 level.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
              Norwich is poised to be the runaway favorite for the entire season.
              Plattsburgh, Middlebury and Gustavus Adolphus are no slouches.

Let's not forget who Norwich lost either. Laura Hurd award winner and program all-time leading scorer Julie Fortier, captain and 1 of only 4 members of the 100 point club Melissa Rundlett. Top two defensemen and both All-Americans Sari Lynn and Amanda Wilks.

Regardless of who NU brought in those four are going to be tough to replace and have been part of the backbone of this program's quick rise to the top in just 5 seasons.

I'm a lot more optimistic about Norwich's chances now than I was 2 or 3 months ago but still. We haven't even lace up the skates for the first captains practice and we're already crowning Norwich?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Plattsburgh, Middlebury and Gustavus Adolphus are no slouches.

Let's not forget who Norwich lost either. Laura Hurd award winner and program all-time leading scorer Julie Fortier, captain and 1 of only 4 members of the 100 point club Melissa Rundlett. Top two defensemen and both All-Americans Sari Lynn and Amanda Wilks.

Regardless of who NU brought in those four are going to be tough to replace and have been part of the backbone of this program's quick rise to the top in just 5 seasons.

I'm a lot more optimistic about Norwich's chances now than I was 2 or 3 months ago but still. We haven't even lace up the skates for the first captains practice and we're already crowning Norwich?
                OMG Prez, now we are supposed to feel sorry for the Cadet's graduation losses and ability to cherry pick players from half the teams in the eastern US (not to mention Europe) and get them admitted to the school??? Try doing that stuff in the NESCAC. You have to feel anything less than crown is a failure (sort of like the Cadets are the Yankees).
                That said, I cannot wait to see them play (nobody's run the table since the Cardinals way back in '0whatever) and I still want to buy you a lobster Downeast in December (do they even have lobster in Northfield?).
                Last edited by obserbear; 09-01-2012, 09:32 AM. Reason: lobster

Comment

Originally posted by canadahockey26 View Post
                  If she has a twin sister already at Potsdam then I know who you are talking about. Quality player, but a little too tiny to compete at the D1 level.
                  Yes, going to join her sister. I expect she will do well at DIII level. Wishing her all the best regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                    (do they even have lobster in Northfield?).
                    Had one just this afternoon, came with ribs, grilled corn, and potato salad at the local Irish pub-The Knotty Shamrock.....

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                    Try doing that stuff in the NESCAC.
                    What, the NESCAC doesn't accept transfers now?
                    Last edited by jerrynu26; 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Well, yes...but see....the nescac kids actually have to be able to read and write in order to get past those pesky wet-blanket types over at the Admissions Dept. At a place like Norwich....well, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        Well, yes...but see....the nescac kids actually have to be able to read and write in order to get past those pesky wet-blanket types over at the Admissions Dept. At a place like Norwich....well, not so much.
                        Yea I'm sure all those kids from the Midd glory years were all A+ kids.....righhhtttt..... If they want a kid they make it happen both grade wise and $$$ wise.....maybe some NESCAC schools follow admissions to a "T", but if you don't think they play around with admission haha...right...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

you are clueless. Are you familiar with the AI?

Comment

Originally posted by mainiac View Post
                            To get back on the Cadets topic and not the ECAC West....I hear there are a couple other pick ups as well from other schools....a forward from Quinnipiac and a goalie from Ohio State??? Although I gather that neither was a D1 star....I would bet that 2 D1 transfers would be a welcomed addition to any D3 club. I was also told that the Cadets will be welcoming their first Czech player from the Czech National Team.....these additions, along with what I understand is a nice recruiting class, are really going to make this a fun year to watch the Cadets.....Let's get the season going.
                            If the quinny player is recovered from her injuries, she would be a real solid addition.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                              you are clueless. Are you familiar with the AI?
                              Yup and how at some schools a C-Band student is a B-Band at others.... its been documented in several books about how they bend the rules in both academics and FA to get those "certain" players. We are not talking about high school drop outs being put into a NESCAC school here. You still have to have some smarts. It was well documented back in the 90's when a NESCAC captain said he did not have the grades to be admitted into the school but because he played a sport he was allowed in.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Yup and how at some schools a C-Band student is a B-Band at others.... its been documented in several books about how they bend the rules in both academics and FA to get those "certain" players. We are not talking about high school drop outs being put into a NESCAC school here. You still have to have some smarts. It was well documented back in the 90's when a NESCAC captain said he did not have the grades to be admitted into the school but because he played a sport he was allowed in.
                                That probably happens at every single NCAA school.

Comment

Working...
                                X