Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs 2012-2013 season

Yale Bulldogs

2012-13 roster: http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w...2012-13/roster

2012-13 Schedule: http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w...12-13/schedule

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2012-2013 season

Incoming Freshman:
    Ali Austin
    USA Hockey: Attended player development camps in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Before Yale: 2011 Minnesota State Hockey All-Tournament Team with Edina … Honorable Mention All-State with Edina … 2012 Minnesota Class AA State Tournament third place, 2011 Minnesota Class AA State Tournament runner-up with Edina … 2009 Minnesota Class A State Champions with Blake … 2010 NAHA Labor Day Tournament Champions with Minnesota IceCats (U19) … Honor Roll … AP Scholar … Edina Scholar … Edina Athletic Scholar … National Merit Commended Student … Discus Award winner.

Notes: Has played piano for 13 years and done voice for seven years … Teaching herself guitar … Writes her own music.

Why Yale? “I chose Yale because it is the perfect fit for me; I have the privilege of playing DI hockey with amazing players and coaches while simultaneously pursuing a world-class education.”
    ---

Janelle Ferrera
    USA Hockey: Attended player development camps at ages 15, 16 and 17.

Before Yale: National Champions with Assabet Valley in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2012 … Captained Rivers School ice hockey team as a senior … First team Division II New England Girls Prep All-Star … All-ISL for ice hockey junior and senior year … Led Rivers with 53 points as a senior… Had 143 career points at Rivers … Scored 100th career goal for Rivers shorthanded in game at Fenway Park … Captained field hockey team as a senior … All ISL for field hockey senior year … New England Class C Champions in field hockey.

Notes: Father, Frank, played baseball and hockey at RPI … Mother, Lisa, played basketball at Bentley … Sister, Nicole, is a sophomore ice hockey player at Syracuse … Played on a line with current Yale teammate Jamie Haddad for Assabet.

Why Yale? “I chose Yale because it is not only a place where I can excel in academics, but has a hockey program with a facility, coach and team with whom I can see myself playing the sport I love.”
    ---

Rachelle Graham
    Hockey Canada: Invited to Canadian National U-18 Strength and Development Camp in 2010 and 2011 (did not attend in 2011).

Before Yale: Played for Sault Ste. Marie Wildcats Midget AA Girls in 2011-12;, Root River Rangers Midget AA Boys in 2009-10 and 2010-11; and Pino’s Titans Bantam AA Boys in 2008-09 … Midget AA playoff champions with Root River in 2009-10 … Bantam AA league’s Best Goaltender in 2008-09 … Bantam AA NOHA and League Silver Medalists in 2008-09.

Notes: Has coached several young female goalies from the Wildcat Program in the past three years … Has played Ringette for more than nine years at the Rep and House League level … Profiled in the Sault Star.

Why Yale? “I chose Yale because I had the opportunity to compete at a high level of hockey and at the same time receive a world-class education.”
    ---

Jamie Haddad
    USA Hockey: Attended development camp at ages 14, 15 and 16.

Before Yale: Won multiple titles with Assabet: 2007 US National Silver Medalist, 2008 US National Champions, 2009 US National Champions, 2010 US National Bronze Medalist, 2012 US National Champions … Captain of Assabet in 2009 … Captained Deerfield ice hockey team and earned MVP award senior year … Finished career with 100 points (67 goals, 33 assists) … First team Division I New England Girls Prep All-Star … Also played four years of field hockey … Leading scorer for both field hockey and ice hockey all four years … Was on softball team for two years, captaining team senior year … League all-star for field hockey in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons and for 2011-2012 softball season … Also on lacrosse team for one year and crew team for one year … Recipient of Deerfield’s Jennie Maria Arms Sheldon Award: “To a young woman who has demonstrated exceptional enthusiasm for, and talent in, athletics and who has demonstrated consistent academic achievement.” … Won Robert M. McDermott Award, given annually to the senior athlete who by hard work, determination and loyalty to Deerfield best exemplifies the qualities of Bob McDermott.

Notes: As a freshman at Deerfield, played on a line with current Yale teammate Danielle Moncion … With Assabet, played on a line with current Yale teammate Janelle Ferrara … Brother, Joe, was on the soccer team at Williams College … Interests include skiing and horseback riding … Profiled on Deerfield Website.

Why Yale? “Yale is the one place that has everything I could ever want and more. From everything the school itself offers all the way to the coaching staff and the girls on the team, Yale is really the one place that seems like a complete package and the perfect place for me.”
    ---

Kate Martini
    Before Yale: Assistant captain of Toronto Aeros 2012 … 2011 PWHL Champions, 2011 Provincial Silver Medalists, 2012 PWHL Silver Medalists, 2012 Provincial Silver Medalists with Aeros … Won high school’s athlete of the year award in 2008-09 and 2009-10 … Also played rugby (captain junior and senior years), soccer and volleyball, and was on track and field team … Selected to the Ontario U17 rugby team and won a bronze medal at the 2011 Canadian National U18 Rugby Championships … Finished career as all-time leading scorer for her high school rugby team with 224 points … Rugby MVP in sophomore, junior and senior seasons ... Finished 11th in shot put at 2010 Provincial Track Championships.

Notes: Brother Robert was captain of the hockey team at Niagara and graduated in May 2012 with a B.S. in Economics … Father, Paul, won World Pairs Figure Skating Championships in 1984 and competed in two Winter Olympics.

Why Yale? “After my first visit to Yale, it became my benchmark. I was comparing every other school to Yale and nowhere else even came close to surpassing it.”
    ---

Hanna Åström
    Swedish National Team: Attended U20 Women’s National Team Elite Camp in 2012 … Won bronze medal at the 2010 IIHF World Women's U18 Championship in Chicago with Team Sweden … Won 4 Nations Tournament in 2009 in Moscow with U18 Women’s National Team … Attended U18 Women’s National Team Elite Camp in 2009.

Before Yale: Captain for Ormsta/SDE in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 … Assistant captain for Ormsta/SDE in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 … Won Division 1 East with Ormsta/SDE in 2010 … Ended her career as Ormsta/SDE’s all-time scoring leader (103 goals, 95 assists in 162 games) … Won Ormsta/SDE’s Youth of the Year award in 2009 … Won district tournament three times with Team Stockholm (2006, 2007, 2008) … Second place at district tournament with Team Stockholm in 2009 (assistant captain) … Second place at Regions Tournament with team East of Sweden in 2009 (assistant captain) and 2010.

Notes: Coached U-12 girl's team … Yale’s first player from Sweden since Anna Jepson of Hasselby appeared in seven games as a freshman in the 2001-02 season … Third player from outside North America in Yale history … Hometown in Sweden (Örnsköldsvik) is 350 miles from hometown of Yale head coach Joakim Flygh (Tyringe).

Why Yale? “I fell in love with the campus the moment I set foot there. Also, Yale offers me the perfect combination of a great education and athletics on a high level, which would be impossible in Sweden.”

Comment

Congratulations to Alyssa Zupon for being honored with the Sarah Devens Award.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Congratulations to Alyssa Zupon for being honored with the Sarah Devens Award.
        Very impressive indeed and well deserved.

Comment

Working...
        X