PDA

View Full Version : Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Shirtless Guy
10-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Update!

I bought tickets for my small group (me + gf, gf's friend, Painted Bandit, my sister and her bf). Old person side of the rink, about 2/3 of the way up, at the blueline of the end Tech shoots at twice.

Also, discussed the trip some with Brent and MNS yesterday. It sounds like there are 4 of us leaving on Thursday morning (me, brenthoven, MNS and State of Hockey), we will be bar-hopping the whole way there, and maybe shooting guns as well, just to get into the Yooper spirit. From what I hear, there are 2 groups going up Friday morning. My girfriend and her friend are leaving at about 9:00 from the U campus, and Shirtless Guy is going up at about the same time. I think DX is going up at the same too.I'm leaving Thursday after work...

bigblue_dl
10-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm leaving Thursday after work...Ah, ok. I thought you were leaving Friday. Do we need to order wings for you right before the grill closes?

Steve_MN
10-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm heading up Friday morning so I only need to get one day off at work.

Any areas that people are getting seats? Looks like there's a wide variety available.

bigblue_dl
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm heading up Friday morning so I only need to get one day off at work.

Any areas that people are getting seats? Looks like there's a wide variety available.I think the big group of Gopher fans is in section G, in the first few rows at the bottom of the section. or F, I don't remember for sure.

bigblue_dl
10-02-2012, 11:01 AM
So, for the barhop, it looks like we only have 1 driver again. My former roommate won't be able to make it due to some family event going on that weekend. With that said, a group of 4 of us should be able to fit into PB's car, as I think he said he'd drive. And we'll have to recruit someone else too.

We're really going to be tight on time to do this in 5 hours, with the driving time in between. But I think we can do it. We just have drink fast, drive fast and take chances.

Steve_MN
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I might be interested in the barhop, depending on whether I take the motorcycle or drive the car for the trip. If I've got the car, I should be able to drive for this.

And, just picked up tix for the games. Really looking forward to the trip.

goldy_331
10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I think the big group of Gopher fans is in section G, in the first few rows at the bottom of the section. or F, I don't remember for sure.

I may be bringing the wife and kid up for this. That is MEA weekend so we can take a leisurely drive up and maybe zip up to Madeline Island and/or stop at a buddy's lake home in Sconny. I guess I need to start looking for tix and hotel room, eh?

Steve_MN
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Plenty of good seats available for the games:

https://buyhuskiestickets.com/Online/default.asp

Not sure about the hotel rooms, though.

Biddco
10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Plenty of good seats available for the games:

https://buyhuskiestickets.com/Online/default.asp

Not sure about the hotel rooms, though.I'm sure there are more than enough places in town to stay.

state of hockey
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I just realized that I am pretty sure that I don't have tickets. Ha.

bigblue_dl
10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I just realized that I am pretty sure that I don't have tickets. Ha.You might want to contact Flag Guy and see if he has any of his left. He bought a bunch of them, I don't know if he has had people pay for all of them and claim them all yet.

Biddco
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I just realized that I am pretty sure that I don't have tickets. Ha.I don't either and I'm not worried

The Rube
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Also, discussed the trip some with Brent and MNS yesterday. It sounds like there are 4 of us leaving on Thursday morning (me, brenthoven, MNS and State of Hockey), we will be bar-hopping the whole way there, and maybe shooting guns as well, just to get into the Yooper spirit. From what I hear, there are 2 groups going up Friday morning. My girfriend and her friend are leaving at about 9:00 from the U campus, and Shirtless Guy is going up at about the same time. I think DX is going up at the same too.

We are?

Either way, as long as I'm at the DT at the start of wings'n'pitchers, I'm good. :)

bigblue_dl
10-04-2012, 10:49 PM
We are?

Either way, as long as I'm at the DT at the start of wings'n'pitchers, I'm good. :)....I thought it was implied.... ;)

state of hockey
10-04-2012, 11:20 PM
You might want to contact Flag Guy and see if he has any of his left. He bought a bunch of them, I don't know if he has had people pay for all of them and claim them all yet.

If I had a way to get in touch with him, that would be something I would probably think about.

bigblue_dl
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
If I had a way to get in touch with him, that would be something I would probably think about.He started the event on facebook. I think you're invited to the facebook event. You should be able to send him a message.

state of hockey
10-04-2012, 11:43 PM
He started the event on facebook. I think you're invited to the facebook event. You should be able to send him a message.

Oh. Yeah that. Good call.

The Rube
10-05-2012, 08:22 AM
....I thought it was implied.... ;)

No WI bars! I don't want to give that state my money, if I can help it!

huskyfan
10-05-2012, 08:35 AM
don't rush the Keweenaw barhop
slow down and enjoy!
if you don't make the whole tour do it another time
I think we will see Minnie in Houghton again

JF_Gophers
10-05-2012, 08:38 AM
don't rush the Keweenaw barhop
slow down and enjoy!
if you don't make the whole tour do it another time
I think we will see Minnie in Houghton againOh, Tech is joining the women's WCHA? ;)