PDA

View Full Version : Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

huskyfan
08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
No Phoenix bar. Gas and snacks.

Biddco
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Depends on which ones... There's more than just the sands in Hancock.

I'm thinking of the ones in Gay.

The Rube
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm thinking of the ones in Gay.

Those are the ones I was thinking of.

crazytechfan
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Zik's is the bar in Copper Harbor that used to be a part of the restaurant called the Pines. Now only the bar is open.

Incorrect. Unless they've closed the restaurant in the last month.

stuckinwi
08-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Incorrect. Unless they've closed the restaurant in the last month.

I thought it was closed when I was up for the copper man. Could be wrong though...

crazytechfan
08-22-2012, 12:22 AM
I thought it was closed when I was up for the copper man. Could be wrong though...

Lol I was working at the Copperman. (if driving a can back and forth for 7 hours counts as work). 'twas open then.

stuckinwi
08-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Lol I was working at the Copperman. (if driving a can back and forth for 7 hours counts as work). 'twas open then.

Huh... must have misheard someone then... to be honest I was mostly concentrating on the fact that my *** was killing me after the bike ride... :)

bigblue_dl
08-23-2012, 07:39 AM
For anyone that is in Houghton or has been there in the last 6 months, is the new "club" place even worth considering? Or is it as stupid as every place that calls itself a "club" in every other town in the world?

Painted_Bandit
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
For anyone that is in Houghton or has been there in the last 6 months, is the new "club" place even worth considering? Or is it as stupid as every place that calls itself a "club" in every other town in the world?

When I was in it during Winter Carnival, it was pretty good but I wouldnt go at night due to the *********erry music that was being played and the fact i had to wait 20 min to get a drink, but that could change with DJ and better staffing. I do know that during Happy Hour KBC is cheaper than the tap room across the street

bigblue_dl
08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
When I was in it during Winter Carnival, it was pretty good but I wouldnt go at night due to the *********erry music that was being played and the fact i had to wait 20 min to get a drink, but that could change with DJ and better staffing. I do know that during Happy Hour KBC is cheaper than the tap room across the street I avoided it like the plague during Carnival. Waiting 20 minutes for a drink is unacceptable, and ****ty *** club music is almost as bad. The DT plays ****ty *** music too, but at least there its a jukebox so occasionally you get some good stuff, and some 80's rock. And we could keep feeding the think and play Aldean, EC and Luke Bryan all night.

Biddco
08-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I avoided it like the plague during Carnival. Waiting 20 minutes for a drink is unacceptable, and ****ty *** club music is almost as bad. The DT plays ****ty *** music too, but at least there its a jukebox so occasionally you get some good stuff, and some 80's rock. And we could keep feeding the think and play Aldean, EC and Luke Bryan all night.I'll be the one feeding the music you hate :p

bigblue_dl
08-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I'll be the one feeding the music you hate :pLuckily, the deck should still be open, so I can sit out there and avoid your black person music.

mnstate0fhockey
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
****.... Wish I could make it, but I'll be overseas. Excited for the trip, but not happy at all about missing the start of hockey season :(

Have a blast guys!

gopher wes
09-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Put in for my time off on that Friday the 19th!

Can't! Wait!

Beer Pong Horn
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM

It's worth seeing, just for what they did with the building, but I'd rather drink (beyond a drink) elsewhere. Worked on a senior design project for that building.

Painted_Bandit
09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Update on the bar cruise, according to some people the Cliff View in Phoenix is still open. huskyfan can you confirm or deny this?

bigblue_dl
09-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Update on the bar cruise, according to some people the Cliff View in Phoenix is still open. huskyfan can you confirm or deny this?We need to limit the bars we're going to, or else it is going to take 10 hours to do the **** thing, and we'll have a game to go to that night.

Painted_Bandit
09-19-2012, 07:10 PM
We need to limit the bars we're going to, or else it is going to take 10 hours to do the **** thing, and we'll have a game to go to that night.
I was thinking: Dreamland, Gay, Lac La belle bear belly lodge, Brickside Brewery in Copper Harbor, Fitzgeralds, Cliff View Inn, "insert random bar in calumet to close it out"

bigblue_dl
09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I was thinking: Dreamland, Gay, Lac La belle bear belly lodge, Brickside Brewery in Copper Harbor, Fitzgeralds, Cliff View Inn, "insert random bar in calumet to close it out"We need to hit up the American Legion in Lake Linden. :D
Of course, we can have that general framework, and then as we're going along we can always stop at another random place if we decide we have time.

huskyfan
09-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Update on the bar cruise, according to some people the Cliff View in Phoenix is still open. huskyfan can you confirm or deny this?

working on that. Heard it was for sale.