Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

do a tour of the county ... Up to Gay, Copper Harbor, Eagle Harbor, Eagle River (Fitzgeralds) ... Bar hop your way ... Gay Bar, Bear Belly, Ziks, Eagle Harbor Inn, huskyfans, Eagle River Inn, Cliffview, Vansville and back to Calumet. Finish up with popcorn and Moscow Mules at Randy's / Rocky's - old school hockey bar. most all of these should be open on Friday, not sure about Thursday. Minnie fans will be needing something to ease the pain!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

oh. And do have the full tank of gas!
      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        oh. And do have the full tank of gas!
        Doesn't that little store in Phoenix have a gas pump? I remember filling up the snowmobile there back in the day.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Doesn't that little store in Phoenix have a gas pump? I remember filling up the snowmobile there back in the day.
          Yes, gas in Copper Harbor and Phoenix. Pricey.
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

They do, but they weren't open when we drove by. It wasn't a weird time of day either...

Comment

I want to go on this trip sooooooooooooooo badly but I am 99% sure I will not have the $ or time to swing it. If I can somehow convince a couple friends who have never watched a hockey game, much less know that college hockey exists (or that Michigan Tech is a school), to come with me to help with gas $, hotel costs, etc. I might be able to pull it off.

Comment

Hey, huskyfan...
                You and the meester will have to come out and have dinner with us. Both his 'rents and my mom are slated to come up. Good times!
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                  I want to go on this trip sooooooooooooooo badly but I am 99% sure I will not have the $ or time to swing it. If I can somehow convince a couple friends who have never watched a hockey game, much less know that college hockey exists (or that Michigan Tech is a school), to come with me to help with gas $, hotel costs, etc. I might be able to pull it off.
                  Does the Travelodge still have any rooms available in the "Golfer Hockey" block? The rooms that FLAGGUY had blocked were pretty dang cheap if there are still any available and tickets shouldn't be bad at all(FLAGGUY organized group tickets something for $35/person.....that's total for both nights!!). Not too expensive of a trip if you can find a couple friends. We have a total of four in our group so the hotel room is like dirt cheap and then we just have to worry about booze and food really.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    Does the Travelodge still have any rooms available in the "Golfer Hockey" block? The rooms that FLAGGUY had blocked were pretty dang cheap if there are still any available and tickets shouldn't be bad at all(FLAGGUY organized group tickets something for $35/person.....that's total for both nights!!). Not too expensive of a trip if you can find a couple friends. We have a total of four in our group so the hotel room is like dirt cheap and then we just have to worry about booze and food really.
                    I just called and reserved one, since it is looking like we might be having more people than 2 rooms can hold. They still had rooms available as of about 5 minutes ago.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I just called and reserved one, since it is looking like we might be having more people than 2 rooms can hold. They still had rooms available as of about 5 minutes ago.
                      And you're not including me in the 2 rooms count right? the gf and I have our own room.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        And you're not including me in the 2 rooms count right? the gf and I have our own room.
                        No, I'm not. Brent has one at the Travelodge, I now have one at the Travelodge and PB has one at the Super Duper 8.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No, I'm not. Brent has one at the Travelodge, I now have one at the Travelodge and PB has one at the Super Duper 8.
                          Because PB is dumb.
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                            Hey, huskyfan...
                            You and the meester will have to come out and have dinner with us. Both his 'rents and my mom are slated to come up. Good times!
                            let's do it! sounds good.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              Because PB is dumb.
                              Eh, same price at the travelodge but slightly above the dump that is the travelodge so i will deal with the walk which isnt bad. Plus there's Jimmy Johns on the way now
                              Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                              Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                                Eh, same price at the travelodge but slightly above the dump that is the travelodge so i will deal with the walk which isnt bad. Plus there's Jimmy Johns on the way now
                                Travelodge was only $59, I thought the Super 8 was close to $100. (that may have been a markup, since the only time I've been there it has been career fair week, and there is probably a markup)

edit: and according to the Travelodge Houghton website, they just got brand new Simmons BeautyRest pillowtop mattresses. Completely free of semen stains.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X