Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Anything new(er) will be stuff like the ODB. Otherwise, it's PE, NWA, LL, DMC, etc.
    Don't you mean Sweet Baby Jesus or whatever he called himself afterwards?

Either way...he dead.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      Don't you mean Sweet Baby Jesus or whatever he called himself afterwards?

Either way...he dead.
      He used: Ol' Dirty Bastard, ODB, Ason Unique, Osirus, and Big Baby Jesus as stage names.

RIP ODB.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        No, its even worse... at least his team is playing in the game.
        He has gone on road trips when his team not playing. Unless you count Tech as his team, which might apply.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          He has gone on road trips when his team not playing. Unless you count Tech as his team, which might apply.
          I do try to attend the MTU@SCSU (Sat game only), mainly for the partying, though. I am planning on NMU@SCSU this year, for the same reason.

I did attend MTU@CC last year, but there was a certain um, other interest there that didn't pan out. And it was due to a request from friends (if MN had visited CC, I would have preferred that). Also attended MTU@tUMD last year for 2 reasons: visit friends, and see the new arena without paying jacked-up ticket prices.

I am attending MN@CC this year, though. That should count for something.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Brent are you still planning on going out for a "decent" supper thursday besides wings at the DT?

Also has anyone thought about what they are doing during the day either friday or saturday? I'm thinking about going up to Copper Harbor and Brockway Mountain Saturday if anyone wants to join along. There is a microbrew in Copper Harbor that I would recommend trying for those who would want to come up.
            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Brent needs to go to Fitzgerald's if they're open.
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                I'd have no problem stopping there along the way up or back
                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                  Brent are you still planning on going out for a "decent" supper thursday besides wings at the DT?

Also has anyone thought about what they are doing during the day either friday or saturday? I'm thinking about going up to Copper Harbor and Brockway Mountain Saturday if anyone wants to join along. There is a microbrew in Copper Harbor that I would recommend trying for those who would want to come up.
                  I think a couple of us have a hankerin' for some Ambo pizza on Thursday. For either Friday or Saturday, we want to take LWB to the Gay Bar, and depending on snow cover, the black sands beaches. If we do that on Fri, we can double-bubble on Sat.

Comment

I'm planning on heading up Friday morning, fairly early to make sure I get in to whatever hotel I'm at, then to the arena on time. Being probably the last time we're ever playing up there, as soon as the schedule came out, I made sure to get that Friday off of work so I could make it up for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                      I'm planning on heading up Friday morning, fairly early to make sure I get in to whatever hotel I'm at, then to the arena on time. Being probably the last time we're ever playing up there, as soon as the schedule came out, I made sure to get that Friday off of work so I could make it up for the weekend.
                      The Travel Lodge is not ideal, but if you mention you are with the Gopher group, you'll get a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                        Scotch flights for the win!
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

if you all are going to visit Copper Harbor/Fitzgeralds, you better stop by and say hi to the huskyfans. Beer is cold.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Also - If you're going to Copper Harbor...

Make sure you have enough gas to get you back to at least Calumet.

My biggest surprise while vacationing in the Keweenaw about 3 years ago was the lack of a gas station almost anywhere but in Copper Harbor. Had one VERY white knuckle drive back to CH when I was on E for a while and every little town on the map that we went through had nothing.

Due to zero competition (and probably some increased cost for delivery), the gas station in CH was charging well over $5 a gallon, and that was 3-4 years ago. Gotta imagine it's $6-$7 a gallon now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I think a couple of us have a hankerin' for some Ambo pizza on Thursday. For either Friday or Saturday, we want to take LWB to the Gay Bar, and depending on snow cover, the black sands beaches. If we do that on Fri, we can double-bubble on Sat.
                              First of all, Dubble Bubble is only on Friday nights. Second, if you're going to Gay, you may as well make a day of it and go to Copper Harbor.

I'll go on bar-hop up to Copper Harbor and back. Nothing better to do.

Also, Thursday night, I'm not eating anywhere but wings at the DT. Its tradition. Ambo pizza is good for a Saturday night, pre-game dinner. Since Friday night pre-game should really be reserved for dubble bubble.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                First of all, Dubble Bubble is only on Friday nights. Second, if you're going to Gay, you may as well make a day of it and go to Copper Harbor.

I'll go on bar-hop up to Copper Harbor and back. Nothing better to do.

Also, Thursday night, I'm not eating anywhere but wings at the DT. Its tradition. Ambo pizza is good for a Saturday night, pre-game dinner. Since Friday night pre-game should really be reserved for dubble bubble.
                                Huh, I thought dubble bubble was Sat afternoon. Guess I remembered wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X