Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    How possible is it to leave the Twin Cities around 11:30am and still make it in time for the opening faceoff? Does the trip really take a full 6+ hours or could we push it and make it with a little time to spare?
    But it would be actually 12:30PM Houghton time when you are leaving, so that probably would be cutting it pretty close.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      But it would be actually 12:30PM Houghton time when you are leaving, so that probably would be cutting it pretty close.
      I get that. That's why I'm asking if it is possible to make this drive in exactly 6hrs or less(without driving 100mph). I know we will obviously be cutting it close. We may not have a choice because my brother's ******* professor won't get back to him on rescheduling his exam so he may have to go in and take the exam quick at 11am and then leave as soon as we can. Hopefully no later than 11:30 or so.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        How possible is it to leave the Twin Cities around 11:30am and still make it in time for the opening faceoff? Does the trip really take a full 6+ hours or could we push it and make it with a little time to spare?
        You'll make it for the opening face off. I 35 is a great place to make up that time as there is only one speed trap (somewhere between Barnum and Carlton exits). Just have your car packed and ready to go outside wherever your buddy is taking his test see you can leave right away.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I get that. That's why I'm asking if it is possible to make this drive in exactly 6hrs or less(without driving 100mph). I know we will obviously be cutting it close. We may not have a choice because my brother's ******* professor won't get back to him on rescheduling his exam so he may have to go in and take the exam quick at 11am and then leave as soon as we can. Hopefully no later than 11:30 or so.
          Have a fun trip, hopefully you can make it on time.
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

There is some minor construction north of Hinckley, but nothing too bad. Still avging 80 mph right now or so.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              There is some minor construction north of Hinckley, but nothing too bad. Still avging 80 mph right now or so.
              I pray you're not the guy driving 80 through a construction zone while texting about driving 80 through construction
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I pray you're not the guy driving 80 through a construction zone while texting about driving 80 through construction
                I believe bigblue is driving. Vacation reminder just went off for me 15 minutes and then im hitting the road
                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Nope. Posting via Kindle using bbdl's phone's wifi hotspot in his truck.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

See you guys tomorrow!

*****http://i.qkme.me/3qfl3h.jpg******
                    btw, this is just awesome. Is that from a movie?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Great article from Jess Myers about the Gophers v Huskies series.
                      http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/M...rrection101812
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        btw, this is just awesome. Is that from a movie?
                        I have no idea. It is from a google search.

Comment

Ugh. 35 just went down to a two lane highway about 18 miles south of Duluth. This will put a crimp in the ol' travel time

Comment

Ugh. 35 just went down to a two lane highway about 18 miles south of Duluth. This will put a crimp in the ol' travel time
                            What time did you leave at? Alternately, how long did it take to make it to Hwy 2 in Duluth?

Comment

Not what I want to hear....we will be cutting it very, very close if we have to deal with major construction.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Gopher-Tech preview (sort of)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X