Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
    Limited to 5 in my explorer, if someone has a vehicle with more capacity and doesnt mind me driving we can take that. I'll probably only have 1 beer up at the Brickside and thats going to be it cause of my stomach that's the main reason I offered to drive.
    Ok. We'll have to see who all is going. If my sister and Dave are doing it, they can probably drive, and they can fit 3 more in there. Biddco mentioned doing it, some may be able to ride with him, but I'm not sure about that, since he may be bringing a carful along with just his group. And I still don't know what Shirtless guy is planning.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Ok. We'll have to see who all is going. If my sister and Dave are doing it, they can probably drive, and they can fit 3 more in there. Biddco mentioned doing it, some may be able to ride with him, but I'm not sure about that, since he may be bringing a carful along with just his group. And I still don't know what Shirtless guy is planning.
      My group will not know until thur or Friday. I can drive my group which leaves one or two empty seats in my car. But my buddies haven't decided if we are going or not.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        My group will not know until thur or Friday. I can drive my group which leaves one or two empty seats in my car. But my buddies haven't decided if we are going or not.
        Ok, sounds good. As for your buddies, give them a "If you miss this opportunity, you will take it to your ****ing graves!" speech.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Ok, sounds good. As for your buddies, give them a "If you miss this opportunity, you will take it to your ****ing graves!" speech.
          Truth.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's between this and going to Brockway and doing a loop around the Keweenaw.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              It's between this and going to Brockway and doing a loop around the Keweenaw.
              Well, this is a loop around the Keweenaw, and we will be going to Brockway, its on our way.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

For the Keweenaw Barhop, I'm thinking we should just meet in the parking lot of the Travelodge at 10:30 Saturday morning. I'll be sitting on the tailgate of a red Dodge. I only know of 1 person that said they can drive, so that limits us some, but I'm guessing that others will be able to drive too. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

If we meet at 10:30, that should allow us to get to the first bar pretty close to 11:00, when I think it should be opening.
                Do you have 3 rows of seats or are we limited to 5 people in your Explorer?

As of now I think we have 7 of us that want to go, and that does not include Shirtless Guy, My sister, Biddco and MEg, or any of the others that are interested.

I'm not worried about driving time. If we start to run late we can skip one or 2 bars at the end.
                Not sure if I was the person you're thinking of, but I mentioned earlier that I could drive. I know I can fit 4 in the car, might be able to add a 5th, but I don't know how cramped that would make the back seat.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                That means Suomi's at 9 or so...
                Never having been up to Houghton before, how far is that from Travelodge? From what I've seen in threads and such, Suomi sure looks like the right choice for breakfast.

Really looking forward to this. I remember the Final 5 Meet and Greet at Old Chicago back several years, which was a blast, so I'm sure this will be too.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                  Not sure if I was the person you're thinking of, but I mentioned earlier that I could drive. I know I can fit 4 in the car, might be able to add a 5th, but I don't know how cramped that would make the back seat.

Never having been up to Houghton before, how far is that from Travelodge? From what I've seen in threads and such, Suomi sure looks like the right choice for breakfast.

Really looking forward to this. I remember the Final 5 Meet and Greet at Old Chicago back several years, which was a blast, so I'm sure this will be too.
                  Suomi's is a couple blocks away. Easily walking distance (there is really only one main drag in Houghton with most of the hotels/bars/etc).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm glad I get paid this Friday.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I'm glad I get paid this Friday.
                      Eh, don't worry, you can get blasmed in Houghton for $30

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Eh, don't worry, you can get blasmed in Houghton for $30
                        Well, it IS soh. So, $40.

Comment

Have fun guys (and gals), I love the new Mooch, but miss the old one. Enjoy your visit to one of the last great college hockey venues (imo).

Comment

Well, this is a loop around the Keweenaw, and we will be going to Brockway, its on our way.
                            I know and I didn't know that. I'll give them the speech. If there is a way for me to not drive that would be great. There is three of us total
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Suomi's is a couple blocks away. Easily walking distance (there is really only one main drag in Houghton with most of the hotels/bars/etc).
                              Cool. I'm actually staying across the bridge in Hancock, but that won't stop me from hopping over for breakfast. Probably a good idea before a long day of drinking to get some food in me before starting.
                              Last edited by Steve_MN; 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                                Bring quarters for the Subway.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X