Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    For you fools going up with me tomorrow, we are leaving my casa no later than 8:30. Be there, or drive to Houghton yourself.
    I bet they are pumped for 6 hours of non stop country music!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      I know I am.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

run away!
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

My iPod and headphones will be brought along. Oh yes.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Another reason that I'm glad I'm driving myself on Friday. Get to pick my own music

Is there a meeting time/place/whatever planned for the Barhop on Saturday?

Comment

For the Keweenaw Barhop, I'm thinking we should just meet in the parking lot of the Travelodge at 10:30 Saturday morning. I'll be sitting on the tailgate of a red Dodge. I only know of 1 person that said they can drive, so that limits us some, but I'm guessing that others will be able to drive too. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

If we meet at 10:30, that should allow us to get to the first bar pretty close to 11:00, when I think it should be opening.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

For the Keweenaw Barhop, I'm thinking we should just meet in the parking lot of the Travelodge at 10:30 Saturday morning. I'll be sitting on the tailgate of a red Dodge. I only know of 1 person that said they can drive, so that limits us some, but I'm guessing that others will be able to drive too. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

If we meet at 10:30, that should allow us to get to the first bar pretty close to 11:00, when I think it should be opening.
                That means Suomi's at 9 or so...
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  That means Suomi's at 9 or so...
                  You're saying this likes that's a problem.

As for bars that I plan on stopping at for sure: Gay Bar, Brickside Brewery(Copper Harbor), Ziks(Copper Harbor), Fitz (Eagle River), whatever hockey bar huskyfan was talking about in Calumet
                  Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                  Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                    You're saying this likes that's a problem.

As for bars that I plan on stopping at for sure: Gay Bar, Brickside Brewery(Copper Harbor), Ziks(Copper Harbor), Fitz (Eagle River), whatever hockey bar huskyfan was talking about in Calumet
                    No problem at all. Just putting out the time frame.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

My tentative bar list is:

11:00 Loading Zone (Lake Linden)
                      11:30 Gay Bar (Gay)
                      12:30 Ziks, Brickhouse Brewery, Mariner North, etc. (Copper Harbor)
                      2:00 Fitz (Eagle River)
                      2:30 Cliff View (Phoenix)
                      3:15 Randy's (Calumet)
                      4:00 Tailgate Party

edit: I just checked, the Loading Zone does in fact open at 11AM
                      Last edited by bigblue_dl; 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Glad you're organizing this. This is gonna be fun. And mucho thanks for thinking of something like this!

Comment

You might want to add in some more driving time, but other than that, if you're my vehicle that's where Im stopping

Comment

You might want to add in some more driving time, but other than that, if you're my vehicle that's where Im stopping
                            And thank YOU for driving. That's stepping up hardcore.

Comment

Do you have 3 rows of seats or are we limited to 5 people in your Explorer?

As of now I think we have 7 of us that want to go, and that does not include Shirtless Guy, My sister, Biddco and MEg, or any of the others that are interested.

I'm not worried about driving time. If we start to run late we can skip one or 2 bars at the end.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Do you have 3 rows of seats or are we limited to 5 people in your Explorer?

As of now I think we have 7 of us that want to go, and that does not include Shirtless Guy, My sister, Biddco and MEg, or any of the others that are interested.

I'm not worried about driving time. If we start to run late we can skip one or 2 bars at the end.
                                Limited to 5 in my explorer, if someone has a vehicle with more capacity and doesnt mind me driving we can take that. I'll probably only have 1 beer up at the Brickside and thats going to be it cause of my stomach that's the main reason I offered to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X