Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by Gophers48 View Post
    It should be an interesting series...I almost forgot about this from last year (stolen from GPL). It's too bad that the Tech series is probably done for a while.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2..._don_lucia.php
    Forgot about that, what a doosh Muckalt is, will be nice to crush his team this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      Forgot about that, what a doosh Muckalt is, will be nice to crush his team this weekend.
      yup muckalt was a ******...that's how it went down.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        yup muckalt was a ******...that's how it went down.

Pretty much...

Comment

Each room is responsible for their own shower whiskey. I'm only bringing a bottle for my room.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Each room is responsible for their own shower whiskey. I'm only bringing a bottle for my room.
            That was assumed. And side note: BPH asks for LOTS of pics. Since he cannot go, he wants to live this trip vicariously.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              The important thing to remember is that Donny Lucia started that whole mess when he went after Brett Olson with the verbal threats and trash talk. I still wish the guys would've dragged him out on the ice and shut him up instead of backing down from all the crazy.

The bottom line is, even if you're irritated a head coach should never go after players on the opposing team, IMO. Set an example with some dignity.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                The important thing to remember is that Donny Lucia started that whole mess when he went after Brett Olson with the verbal threats and trash talk.
                Which no one can/has definitively say/said happened. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, though.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Which no one can/has definitively say/said happened. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, though.
                  Well we can ask Brett. Some of us do know him.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I wasn't going to talk about last year, but since others have brought it up

Look, I'm not much of a fan of Lucia engaging the players as he did...or Helgeson getting frisky in front of the Gopher bench...or Hansen continuing to go after that Tech goon ( ) after he scored. I also would say Muckalt's actions aren't the way I would have conducted myself...but you want to know what really set it off? Haula got RUN...twice...in about a minute. Once away from the puck, and once very dangerously along the boards. It wasn't caught on the replay, but the first was just unnecessary and the second was straight up dangerous. In my opinion THAT is what really set things (and Lucia) off.

It was a big serious for both teams right before the long Holiday break. Tech was trying to prove they weren't the doormats of years' past and that they actually belonged in the WCHA. They made a big stride toward that on Friday, and then were getting their asses handed to them on Saturday. That's bound to stir up emotions.
                    MN was trying to right the ship. They had won a lot of games early but had hit the skids leading up to that series, and were desperate not to be skidding all the way into January. No doubt Lucia was cognizant of how his employment was hinging on how the Gophers fared last year as well. That's bound to stir up some emotions.

End of the day, it was 2 teams with something to prove, in an emotional battle. It boiled over. It's exactly the kind of thing that most of us saw as youngsters and that helped us to fall in love with college hockey. Hats off to both Mel and Don for getting their guys to go out and shake hands like gentlemen when it was all said and done.

Hopefully this upcoming series will be good and intense as well, and hopefully it results like the last in that no one is hurt and no one gets a DQ.

Comment

You know who wins is not so important as the sportsmanship after if you ask me, I would hope no matter what this weekend, both sides have a descent handshake afterwards. Once the game is over, it's over, shake hands and move on.

Of course Minnesota will win both games by lopsided scores, so they have no excuses for poor sportsmanship.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Well we can ask Brett. Some of us do know him.
                        no sense messing up my useful assumptions. My version works better the way I said.

I do have a lot of respect for the "Golden Gophers" hockey-wise, stupid lawn-pest name and ugly colors notwithstanding. Very very sad I won't be there to see the games, I have a feeling an upset may be brewing against all odds. Discipline still concerns me with this tech team, and goaltending. But you never know.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Less that 24 hours until I (and my buddies) hit the road. Many of the GPL group have already hit the road. You hill people have been warned.

Cannot. Wait.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Last day of work this week! Then it is home to work out, then it is undoing it for four days straight.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Even though hockey talk usually doesn't start until Thursday, my possible lack of internet access demands I post this now. First one of the year:

*****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/10933_1187629083955_7501029_n.jpg******

Comment

For you fools going up with me tomorrow, we are leaving my casa no later than 8:30. Be there, or drive to Houghton yourself.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X