Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    My brother has a class at noon Friday that he was planning on skipping but now is hearing there might be a test. He already missed a test to go to Vegas with me in September so I'm trying to figure out what the latest we could possibly leave is. We would be very late to the game if we couldn't leave until noon.
    and you'll lose an hour to Eastern time. Leave by 10, screw the test.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

My brother has a class at noon Friday that he was planning on skipping but now is hearing there might be a test. He already missed a test to go to Vegas with me in September so I'm trying to figure out what the latest we could possibly leave is. We would be very late to the game if we couldn't leave until noon.
      Don't forget the time change to ET. So the 6 hour drive is really like 7.

EDIT: I see geezer beat me to it. On a side note, it's nice coming home on Sunday to get that hour back!

For Tech, goalie is still the big quesiton mark. Not sure who will play this weekend. Also, need to get the young forwards to play better on the defensive side.
      Last edited by mtu_huskies; 10-15-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Right, taking that into account we really need to be leaving the Twin Cities by mid morning at the latest. He is trying to figure it out with his TA because his teacher was not very helpful or understanding last time.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Right, taking that into account we really need to be leaving the Twin Cities by mid morning at the latest. He is trying to figure it out with his TA because his teacher was not very helpful or understanding last time.
          I once took a zero on a midterm to attend my best friend's funeral.......to say the U profs are not very understanding when arranging alternate test times is putting it mildly.
          Last edited by Bertogliat; 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
          I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
          -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            tech fans- did you lose much during the offseason?
            I lost 10 lbs and the team lost our ice plant for the rink, all our uniforms, our ability to only win 3-4 games per year...
            Oh, you meant players / talent an that sort of thing. Most of the key losses were at forward and of course our #1 goalie. However one could argue the incoming talent up front might be better than what we lost. The netminder situation will be key if Tech hopes to build on last season. I figure one of the frosh goalies will get at least 40% of the ice time this season to help groom them to be "the guy" for 2013-14-15-16.

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
              I once took a zero on a midterm to attend my best friend's funeral.......to say the U profs are not very understanding when arranging alternate test times is putting it mildly.
              He's used up a lot of excuses with other teachers lol. It just sucks that the two tests this prof has scheduled so far have been on Fridays that he is trying to get out of town.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Been looking forward to this trip for a long time now. Always wanted to make it up to Houghton, and finally doing so. I may need to check in with someone on Friday to figure out what the plans are for the pub crawl on Saturday. Last I saw, there was concern about enough drivers?

Comment

You don't need drivers, just cab it over to Hancock and have them drop you off, then you walk back stopping at all pubs in between. It's maybe a half hour walk or a little more if you did it non stop.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    You don't need drivers, just cab it over to Hancock and have them drop you off, then you walk back stopping at all pubs in between. It's maybe a half hour walk or a little more if you did it non stop.
                    I think it's a little more involved than that.
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                      I think it's a little more involved than that.
                      Yes
                      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

It's a barhop, not a pub crawl, there will be driving involved. Houghton-Lake Linden-Gay-Copper Harbor-....wherever we stumble into on our way back from Copper Harbor.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

And the best way to get to Houghton is through Duluth, if you're leaving from the cities. I've done it in between 5 and 5 and a half hours. Keep in mind, that involved averaging >85 on 35, and keeping around 65 from Duluth on.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            And the best way to get to Houghton is through Duluth, if you're leaving from the cities. I've done it in between 5 and 5 and a half hours. Keep in mind, that involved averaging >85 on 35, and keeping around 65 from Duluth on.
                            OK, that is now the 4th assured "best way to go" that I have received from folks who have driven there often. I'm guessing it's all in your preference. Although this time of year, your way probably involves the least risk of providing more "dates" for the sconnys (dead deer).

Comment

I agree with Dustin on the drive. The Duluth way is faster.

what bar in Lake Linden and why?
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                OK, that is now the 4th assured "best way to go" that I have received from folks who have driven there often. I'm guessing it's all in your preference. Although this time of year, your way probably involves the least risk of providing more "dates" for the sconnys (dead deer).
                                I know some people that take I94 east to Eau Claire, then take 29 to Wausau and then go north through Rhinelander and Eagle River, I have gone that way, and I am sure that it is the longest time I've taken to get there. Cutting through Wisconsin on some combination of US8 and US63 is probably about the same as taking 35 to Duluth, but you have to slow down for so many small towns and the deer (and there are also elk along 77) are as thick as mosquitos (if you go this way, the fastest way is to take 77 east out of Hayward, and then taking GG in Clam Lake, to Mellen)

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X