Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Talk with bbdl....we're planning a pub crawl around Da UP on Saturday. The more the merrier!

And there are quite a few Houghton Trip Virgins going this year from GPL.
    We might do that too... I'll talk to them.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      We might do that too... I'll talk to them.
      We'll be back in time for the tailgate. Somewhere in this thread were some of the towns we are hitting. I know Calumet and Gay are on the list....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

tech fans- did you lose much during the offseason?

Comment

No MeG, no tDarkness this season?
          "Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life."

Comment

• Originally posted by jrthomer View Post
            No MeG, no tDarkness this season?
            MeG will be there, tDarkness will not.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              MeG will be there, tDarkness will not.
              Hadn't seen any posts from them this year, was wondering if they were excommunicated from the Misfits

Comment

• This us true. The Darkness decided to stay downstate to enjoy the tears of unfathomable sadness shed by Michigan State fans when Michigan takes out four years of frustration on Saturday.
                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

• Originally posted by jrthomer View Post
                  Hadn't seen any posts from them this year, was wondering if they were excommunicated from the Misfits
                  Been busy. Working full time, working my MBA, working on a some other projects, and trying to keep my girlfriend from feeling abandoned. But now that the season has started i will probably try to drop by more often.
                  Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                  *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Houghton virgin here. Leaving Friday morning. How early should we be hitting the road from the U and what is the best route to take?
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      Houghton virgin here. Leaving Friday morning. How early should we be hitting the road from the U and what is the best route to take?
                      Depends on when you want to get there. Takes about 5 1/2 to 6 hours to great there. I've always thought the best way was to take I 35 N. and US two through Wisconsin and then take M28 to 45 to M26. We are leaving freakishly early to make it to the Blue Line Club Luncheon.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                        Been busy. Working full time, working my MBA, working on a some other projects, and trying to keep my girlfriend from feeling abandoned. But now that the season has started i will probably try to drop by more often.
                        Cool! Always enjoy your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          after driving Mpls to Houghton 7 trillion times, I've got to say your best bet is to ride GG into Mellen WI. Google Maps will show you the rest. Using this route I once did Plymouth to Calumet in under 6 hours but I was young and foolish then, and it was early morning with no competition on the roads.

There is free food starting at 5 on Saturday, it's pretty good stuff too.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Tech fans - How is your team looking after 2 games? More offensive minded this year? Young or old etc... ? Curious as to what kind of Tech team we will see up in Houghton.

Thanks
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              Tech fans - How is your team looking after 2 games? More offensive minded this year? Young or old etc... ? Curious as to what kind of Tech team we will see up in Houghton.

Thanks
                              Very young, very boom or bust - vs. LSSU, lost 4-2 and won 8-4. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some big offensive numbers along with some world class meltdowns this year, most all the forwards are 1st or 2nd year but have a high talent level for a Tech team. It'll be exciting.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

My brother has a class at noon Friday that he was planning on skipping but now is hearing there might be a test. He already missed a test to go to Vegas with me in September so I'm trying to figure out what the latest we could possibly leave is. We would be very late to the game if we couldn't leave until noon.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X