Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well, we have three from our side, with me, your sister and her friend, so that's 4 for sure. My roommate named after a pork product may end up needing tickets because he wants to go, though he doesn't know yet. I asked shirtless guy a few months/weeks ago and he said that he was planning on sitting in the press box. The only others I can think of are if BPH is going, he might want a pair of tickets for him and his girlfriend, or if 'diva and flashy end up going (which the last I heard, they weren't planning on it). What about Yager, Boosh, and RossVagina? Do we know if any of them are going? I say we buy the tickets this weekend, and if anyone else wants to go, we can figure out tickets when they make that decision.

For the bar-hop, I think my roommate wants to drive it, he's training for a marathon and apparently getting drunk is bad for that, or something. But he needs a car to drive, since not many will fit in his truck.
    he could probably drive my explorer and I might still need tix. Idk
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So for the bar hop we got 2 drivers and 2 ford explorers.

Talked to Boosh this afternoon and he will let me know Sunday about him and RossVag
      Originally posted by Twitch Boy
      Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

I have confirmed that Derek Shepherd and Don Adam will not be referees for this series...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
          So for the bar hop we got 2 drivers and 2 ford explorers.

Talked to Boosh this afternoon and he will let me know Sunday about him and RossVag
          Sounds good.

I asked BPH in the lodge what his plans are, hopefully he gets something figured out.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Update!

I bought tickets for my small group (me + gf, gf's friend, Painted Bandit, my sister and her bf). Old person side of the rink, about 2/3 of the way up, at the blueline of the end Tech shoots at twice.

Also, discussed the trip some with Brent and MNS yesterday. It sounds like there are 4 of us leaving on Thursday morning (me, brenthoven, MNS and State of Hockey), we will be bar-hopping the whole way there, and maybe shooting guns as well, just to get into the Yooper spirit. From what I hear, there are 2 groups going up Friday morning. My girfriend and her friend are leaving at about 9:00 from the U campus, and Shirtless Guy is going up at about the same time. I think DX is going up at the same too.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Update!

I bought tickets for my small group (me + gf, gf's friend, Painted Bandit, my sister and her bf). Old person side of the rink, about 2/3 of the way up, at the blueline of the end Tech shoots at twice.

Also, discussed the trip some with Brent and MNS yesterday. It sounds like there are 4 of us leaving on Thursday morning (me, brenthoven, MNS and State of Hockey), we will be bar-hopping the whole way there, and maybe shooting guns as well, just to get into the Yooper spirit. From what I hear, there are 2 groups going up Friday morning. My girfriend and her friend are leaving at about 9:00 from the U campus, and Shirtless Guy is going up at about the same time. I think DX is going up at the same too.
              I'm leaving Thursday after work...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I'm leaving Thursday after work...
                Ah, ok. I thought you were leaving Friday. Do we need to order wings for you right before the grill closes?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm heading up Friday morning so I only need to get one day off at work.

Any areas that people are getting seats? Looks like there's a wide variety available.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                    I'm heading up Friday morning so I only need to get one day off at work.

Any areas that people are getting seats? Looks like there's a wide variety available.
                    I think the big group of Gopher fans is in section G, in the first few rows at the bottom of the section. or F, I don't remember for sure.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, for the barhop, it looks like we only have 1 driver again. My former roommate won't be able to make it due to some family event going on that weekend. With that said, a group of 4 of us should be able to fit into PB's car, as I think he said he'd drive. And we'll have to recruit someone else too.

We're really going to be tight on time to do this in 5 hours, with the driving time in between. But I think we can do it. We just have drink fast, drive fast and take chances.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I might be interested in the barhop, depending on whether I take the motorcycle or drive the car for the trip. If I've got the car, I should be able to drive for this.

And, just picked up tix for the games. Really looking forward to the trip.

Comment

I think the big group of Gopher fans is in section G, in the first few rows at the bottom of the section. or F, I don't remember for sure.
                          I may be bringing the wife and kid up for this. That is MEA weekend so we can take a leisurely drive up and maybe zip up to Madeline Island and/or stop at a buddy's lake home in Sconny. I guess I need to start looking for tix and hotel room, eh?

Comment

Plenty of good seats available for the games:

https://buyhuskiestickets.com/Online/default.asp

Not sure about the hotel rooms, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                              Plenty of good seats available for the games:

https://buyhuskiestickets.com/Online/default.asp

Not sure about the hotel rooms, though.
                              I'm sure there are more than enough places in town to stay.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I just realized that I am pretty sure that I don't have tickets. Ha.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X