Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2012-13: Still breathing

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    The ECAC officials have been the worst, calling what they think happened rather than what they actually saw. The phantom trip is their worst call.
    Exactly why we'd like your new league to have them.

Of course, Hockey East is even worse, unless your school names contains the letters B and U (oh wait, yours does).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Has UAH every had any trips South to play hockey? I think they always depart in the same general direction for road trips, much like the Alaska teams.

Ryan J
      Actually, yes: UAH played Army and Air Force at the Lightning Classic in Tampa in 2006. It was scheduled not long after UAH was awarded last year's Frozen Four.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        There are much easier ways to go about this
        If he'd robbed one of the mom-and-pop shops around here, he might've gotten $80 before I broke a chair on his upper body.

GFM <-- frequents a coffeeshop .7mi from home. Oh, and Bemidji still sucks.
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

UAH will have a press conference on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the VBC to discuss our admission to the WCHA. If you want to attend, please come! It'll be in the small room to the right as you enter the main entrance to the VBC. For those of you who went to the booster event in February, it's the same room.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            UAH will have a press conference on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the VBC to discuss our admission to the WCHA. If you want to attend, please come! It'll be in the small room to the right as you enter the main entrance to the VBC. For those of you who went to the booster event in February, it's the same room.

GFM
            Will there be a web replay? I know I'm interested in how next year's schedule is affected from a league standpoint, whether they'll go back to square one and put something together for ten teams, or if they'll stick with the nine team and make sure UAH is scheduled for some games with them receiving the 10th spot in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
              For those of us that can't attend, is there going to be audio of the press conference that we can listen to it later? Or maybe there will be a brief post on the presser.
              Last edited by Goon; 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                For those of us that can't attend, is there going to be audio of the press conference that we can listen to it later? Or maybe there will be a brief post on the presser.
                There will be something. What, I don't know.

GFM <-- efforting.
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  The SID tells me that they're looking to have live audio on http://www.977thezone.com. At worst, video of the press conference will be posted online afterward.
                  Michael Napier - UAH '97
                  uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                    The SID tells me that they're looking to have live audio on http://www.977thezone.com. At worst, video of the press conference will be posted online afterward.
                    Hopefully, the precursor to improved radio coverage for you guys.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Hopefully, the precursor to improved radio coverage for you guys.
                      Doubtful. There's very little market when we're at home—the people that are interested are generally at the game—and the cost of going on the road is pretty high. I was part of a team that did it a decade ago. Holding down a non-media job and doing all that travel was brutal. Steve Moulton from 97.7 does a good job of PBP—and he'd get to great by the end of a full season—but he's already committed to basketball, which he does very well.

I'm going to try to U-stream the conference. The big problem that I'll have is phone stability. I doubt I'll get any table-space, and I don't have an adapter for the new dock mount to tie up to a tripod/monopod.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

So I listened online to parts the UAH Press Conference regarding the WCHA.

Next year, they will have 18 home games. 14 WCHA games, 2 non-conf games (which they said would be a big name but couldn't name yet), and then 2 against the Under 18 team.

Travel subsidy is being worked on. It would be structured along the same lines as the Alaska schools, which I have heard is take your most expensive non-Alaska/UAH conference trip and the team will pay the difference. So if it costs BSU $10,000 to get to Bowling Green, $12,000 to get to UAH, BSU would get a $2,000 check.

The conference schedule will consist of playing five teams four times and four teams two times for a total of 28 games.

Nothing can be done about next year, but in the following years, UAH will try to avoid home contests on Alabama-Auburn football weekend (and maybe Alabama-LSU, I can't recall). But it may be difficult as there are only 20 weekends to play hockey, and seven of those are conference home weekends. If they want to get other teams to Huntsville, it may be unavoidable.

That is my brief recap! Someone from UAH can correct me if I am wrong on anything.
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

You have it nailed down. About half the team was at the press conference — I'm guessing it was everyone not in class. Those guys deserve a lot of respect: the team GPA for the fall was 3.13, which is a tick higher than normal despite all the travel.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Next year, they will have 18 home games. 14 WCHA games, 2 non-conf games (which they said would be a big name but couldn't name yet), and then 2 against the Under 18 team.
                            From what I read in the nWCHA thread, isn't St. Cloud State one of the teams going down to Huntsville next season?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Travel subsidy is being worked on. It would be structured along the same lines as the Alaska schools, which I have heard is take your most expensive non-Alaska/UAH conference trip and the team will pay the difference. So if it costs BSU $10,000 to get to Bowling Green, $12,000 to get to UAH, BSU would get a $2,000 check.

The conference schedule will consist of playing five teams four times and four teams two times for a total of 28 games.

Nothing can be done about next year, but in the following years, UAH will try to avoid home contests on Alabama-Auburn football weekend (and maybe Alabama-LSU, I can't recall). But it may be difficult as there are only 20 weekends to play hockey, and seven of those are conference home weekends. If they want to get other teams to Huntsville, it may be unavoidable.

That is my brief recap! Someone from UAH can correct me if I am wrong on anything.
                              Video of the press conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6cNiOQ7A4
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                                From what I read in the nWCHA thread, isn't St. Cloud State one of the teams going down to Huntsville next season?
                                I thought I remembered Motzko confirming that SCSU would be traveling to Huntsville next year when UAH was in St. Cloud in October.
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X