Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

FWIW the Badgers will occupy the north bench as it is attached to their locker room. They should shoot twice towards section 9.
    The WCHA Dynasty
    Wisconsin
    National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
    MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
    National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
    MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
    National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
    MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Pretty cool tickets, never thought I'd say that. Section 10, row 1. I sure hope we're behind the visitors for the 1st & 3rd period. One would think that how UW would want to do it. Usually I like to sit higher to watch the play develop, but I've never tried sitting in row 1, I'm pretty excited and the kids are exceited for the chance to pound on the glass a time or two. Hopefully we get a close-up encounter with Bucky. I wonder if we'll have the band for opening night?

I hope the gals aren't looking past this weekend against the lady dawgs like us fans seem to be.
      I had never considered sitting at ice level until I walked down to talk to a group that always does (our Litter Box), and loved the view. No blindspots, and you feel as if you are on the ice with them - enjoyable to read their lips sometimes too
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Pretty cool tickets, never thought I'd say that. Section 10, row 1. I sure hope we're behind the visitors for the 1st & 3rd period. One would think that how UW would want to do it. Usually I like to sit higher to watch the play develop, but I've never tried sitting in row 1
        I love your seats. In fact, that's where I always go to sit if available, and where I expect I'll be sitting for the vast majority of games. I love being on the glass and the perspective of being behind the endline. Its a great perspective, plus, you're the first to see it when a puck crosses the line for a goal! You do lose out a bit on being able to see what's going on when the pucks on the other end of the ice, but its still worth it in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
          I love your seats. In fact, that's where I always go to sit if available, and where I expect I'll be sitting for the vast majority of games. I love being on the glass and the perspective of being behind the endline. Its a great perspective, plus, you're the first to see it when a puck crosses the line for a goal! You do lose out a bit on being able to see what's going on when the pucks on the other end of the ice, but its still worth it in my book.
          Thanks for the perspective. The nice thing even with the smaller rink we should be able to move around and try different locations at other games. The kids are really excited to sieve the goalie so close to them.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Not sure if it's too simplistic, but the Badgers' offense is going (and may continue) to struggle with McKeough out indefinitely and Ammerman out. Squandered a 5-minute power play, some of which was 5-on-3, in the first period after giving up a bad goal a minute or two into the game.

Hopefully they can re-group tomorrow and end this 6-game road stretch with a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              Not sure if it's too simplistic, but the Badgers' offense is going (and may continue) to struggle with McKeough out indefinitely and Ammerman out. Squandered a 5-minute power play, some of which was 5-on-3, in the first period after giving up a bad goal a minute or two into the game.

Hopefully they can re-group tomorrow and end this 6-game road stretch with a win.
              Decker was certainly working her tail off but obviously couldn't do it alone. Not that either of the two goals by UMD were pretty, but I was a little surprised with Rigsby. I expected her to be a little more solid than that. Perhaps it's an unfair assessment and it was a couple of bad bounces/ lucky bounces?

Comment

Not sure if Bemidji gave back some allotted tickets, but a "limited" amount of tickets for the Friday game are going on sale tomorrow morning (Tuesday, October 16).

Comment

Not sure if it's too simplistic, but the Badgers' offense is going (and may continue) to struggle with McKeough out indefinitely and Ammerman out.
                  What's the latest on the injuries?

Comment

UW keeps their players' injury status pretty close to the vest across all sports. The last that was said on McKeough (week or so ago) is that she is out indefinitely and not even practicing. Based on that, I'd be surprised to see prior to the 2013 portion of this season. I haven't seen anything said about Brittany Ammermann.

Looks like all remaining tickets for Friday have been sold. I did get an e-mail from the athletic department and said that the opening "ceremonies" would start around 6:45.

I'd like to think that the atmosphere this weekend will snap them out of their offensive funk. For the first time this season, they'll be playing in front of a truly packed house.

Comment

Looks like all remaining tickets for Friday have been sold. I did get an e-mail from the athletic department and said that the opening "ceremonies" would start around 6:45.

I'd like to think that the atmosphere this weekend will snap them out of their offensive funk. For the first time this season, they'll be playing in front of a truly packed house.
                      It has to be tough to play 3 weeks straight on the road to start the season when you know you have this great building waiting for you to play a real game it.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Interesting note that Friday night will be the program's 500th game.

Comment

I got a chance to listen to "On Wisconsin" today on the Big 1070, and Brian Posick interviewed Chuck Labahn, the fellow who largely bankrolled the facility named after him. Interestingly, beside the fact that he swam for the UW in WAY back in 1946, was the fact that he's never seen a "hockey match", as he put it. I certainly assumed the guy who the rink is named after actually enjoyed hockey, let alone seen a game or two. Good for him and thanks a ton Mr. Labahn.
                          Last edited by Timothy A; 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I got a chance to listen to "On Wisconsin" today on the Big 1070, and Brian Posick interviewed Chuck Labahn, the fellow who largely bankrolled the facility named after him. Interestingly, beside the fact that he swam for the UW in WAY back in 1946, was the fact that he's never seen a "hockey match", as he put it. I certainly assumed the guy who the rink is named after actually enjoyed hockey, let alone seen a game or two. Good for him and thanks a ton Mr. Labahn.
                            His whole reason for donating was to help Eric Hanson get the swim teams a better training facility. If the project would have fallen thru then UW swimming may be way worse off than they are today. Wonder how he felt when Hanson left for his dream job at Arizona the next year..
                            The WCHA Dynasty
                            Wisconsin
                            National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                            MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                            National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                            MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                            National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                            MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
                              His whole reason for donating was to help Eric Hanson get the swim teams a better training facility. If the project would have fallen thru then UW swimming may be way worse off than they are today. Wonder how he felt when Hanson left for his dream job at Arizona the next year..
                              From listening to the interview, Chuck's life has been dedicated to the UW in many, many ways, so while it may seem that it was to help the current coach at the time, it was really done to help the UW overall. A funny story from the interview....in 46 they swam at the armoury and it was only 20 meters wide instead of the required 25 meters (it was 20 meters to accomodate the water polo team) and when they swam the breast stroke sometimes the swimmer's arms would interlock.

I am really looking forwards to tonight. I'd love to get a tour of the entire facility.

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

Should be a really fun atmosphere tonight. Hopefully, we can put some goals on the board to get the crowd really fired up. Wonder where they will set up the band?

Comment

Working...
                                X