Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

As of 8:30 this morning (October 1), single-game tickets are now available for general public sale. Already have 2 sets of seasons, but needed to pick up extras for opening night for other family members.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      As of 8:30 this morning (October 1), single-game tickets are now available for general public sale. Already have 2 sets of seasons, but needed to pick up extras for opening night for other family members.
      Heading out from NH for our series against the Badgers. Should we be getting tix in advance? I'd hate to get out there and have to watch the video stream from the hotel
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        Heading out from NH for our series against the Badgers. Should we be getting tix in advance? I'd hate to get out there and have to watch the video stream from the hotel
        There's no real downside in getting the tickets ahead of time. You'd probably be OK as I'm not sure how many absolute sellouts there will be after opening night and the playoffs, but why risk it?

Comment

http://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/sta.../photo/1/large

Gotta love the championship banners being hung. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

I bought 7 tickets for the inaugural game 10/19. All the seating is reserved for this game and no print at home tickets either, so it's will-call or mail. I'm in WH row 11, where ever that is, I couldn't find a seating chart for the LaB yet.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I bought 7 tickets for the inaugural game 10/19.
              Bemidji State has been a part of a lot of your historic games: the Camp Randall Classic in 2010, the 12K fans in last year's Fill the Bowl, and now opening your new digs.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Bemidji State has been a part of a lot of your historic games: the Camp Randall Classic in 2010, the 12K fans in last year's Fill the Bowl, and now opening your new digs.
                They purposefully trying to a cupcake for the big events. After all, 2 years ago the played the rodents @ fill the bowl. Maybe I'd consider all the rodentsota teams as cupcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  They purposefully trying to a cupcake for the big events.
                  In that case, they should try somebody other than BSU. It took a late goal to win last year's Fill the Bowl, and Bucky lost to the Beavers the day after the Camp Randall Classic. You have more experience with a cupcake schedule out of conference.

Comment

In that case, they should try somebody other than BSU. It took a late goal to win last year's Fill the Bowl, and Bucky lost to the Beavers the day after the Camp Randall Classic. You have more experience with a cupcake schedule out of conference.
                    a) I think he was kidding.

b) I think it's more coincidence than anything that Bemidji gets these games.

c) Someone has to fill out Lindenwood's schedule.

d) With road-trips to Mankato and Lindenwood, can they possibly play in more rinky-dink arenas in D1?

Comment

a) I think he was kidding.
                      I'm sure he was, but BSU doesn't have a consistent fan presence on here, so somebody has to stick up for them.

b) I think it's more coincidence than anything that Bemidji gets these games.
                      Likely, but there are some reasons I can see them being an attractive opponent for such deals. Their staff is very accommodating, and they play a skating style. While they emphasize D first, there isn't a lot of clutch and grab. I've found their recent teams entertaining.

c) Someone has to fill out Lindenwood's schedule.
                      I get that, but where is the power team to offset that? At least you tried with BU last year, but then they were slumping when they came to Madison. Hopefully, UNH is improved this season, or that out-of-conference slate is quite weak.

d) With road-trips to Mankato and Lindenwood, can they possibly play in more rinky-dink arenas in D1?
                      Is Lindenwood's rink bad? I don't know anything about it. ... oh wait, I guess it does have a HS flavor to it:
                      http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/sport...628121645.aspx

Comment

I get that, but where is the power team to offset that? At least you tried with BU last year, but then they were slumping when they came to Madison. Hopefully, UNH is improved this season, or that out-of-conference slate is quite weak.
                        On target ARM. As your aware the Wisconsin out of conference scheduling has been an issue and point of contention with Badger Fans for years. Complaints to the program and its administration have only let to rumors generated of supposed top 10 teams on the slate, that have ended up being mid to lower quality programs. Then on the rare occasion they do get a top flight program to come to Madison, the opposition is in a state of change or has injuries holding them back from playing their best possible hockey. I know Mark has a play anyone anywhere mentality however that has somewhat backfired and led to often to the odd series like opening at Union, playing UNH in Florida, and a series with Mercyhurst turning into a road trip to RMU where one game was played in Pittsburgh for about 40 people and then playing Mercyhurst at the Easton shootout in Minneapolis (just off the top of my head). There is no reason this should be that complicated, especially now that they are playing in their own building. This is not like BCS football where the scheduling is being done X years out and huge payouts are given. At most the non conference games are done 1-2 years in advance which means that if 2 non-wcha series are planned and a new team like Lindenwood is on the slate, it should be fairly easy to get a top 10 team on the schedule and lockup a series by providing a second series in a future year if needed. Just my two cents...
                        The WCHA Dynasty
                        Wisconsin
                        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Of course I was kidding around, any chance a guy gets a poking run at anything in rodentsota has to be taken advantage of. I keep forgetting the women's posters are a sensitive lot.

Overall I think any team in the wcha's interconference strength of schedule is tough, especailly as the quality of wcha hockey is getting deeper and deeper every year, so I don't mind if UW's n/c schedule is a little sweet. I like custard with my cupcakes. One of the funnest games I went to was one of the Lyndonwood games last year. There's nothing like a good old wood shed encounter. (I intentionally mis-spelled Lyndonwood in honor of my #2 son who is named Lyndon Love you Freshie!)

Speaking of Lyndonwood, that is UW's opponent this week. I expect closer games, they are at home, they have a year of D1 under their belts and UW is less potent offensively.

Let's go RED!

Comment

Wisconsin gets down by 2 early, but rallies for a 7-2 win behind Decker's hat trick. Good production from the top line, but not a lot from the others three games in.

With Duluth and North Dakota dropping home league games tonight, it was kind of an odd night.

Comment

Nice start for the Badgers today. Wisconsin takes a 3-0 lead after one with goals from Kelter, Decker and Sowchuk. Nice to see one of the freshmen get a goal. Hopefully many more to come.

Comment

Badgers continue to roll in the second period. 6-1 Badgers with goals from Turnbull, Packer and Kelter. Give up a goal on a 5-on-3 power kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X