Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

It's worse than I thought. On November 4, women's hockey got bumped to 11:00 am. Men's basketball is not playing, rather an exhibition women's basketball game against Concordia with an unannounced tip-off time. How can they get re-scheduled for that? They'll probably outdraw the basketball team. Give me a break!

Comment

If Wisconsin fans are unhappy with the times the women's hockey games are scheduled, I'd encourage you to complain to the athletic department. Obviously, they would never consider playing a football, men's basketball, or men's hockey game at 2 on a Friday afternoon, because the phones would ring off the hook. The Badgers fans have supported the program well. They deserve some consideration. If they are docile and accept whatever crumbs are thrown their way, they will never receive better.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
        It's worse than I thought. On November 4, women's hockey got bumped to 11:00 am. Men's basketball is not playing, rather an exhibition women's basketball game against Concordia with an unannounced tip-off time. How can they get re-scheduled for that? They'll probably outdraw the basketball team. Give me a break!
        So they must be expecting a big crowd for the EXHIBITION game eh? Obviously FB and BB come first and second, and will continue to as long as BA is in charge. I think Pat Ritcher would have handled this very differently.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          So they must be expecting a big crowd for the EXHIBITION game eh? Obviously FB and BB come first and second, and will continue to as long as BA is in charge. I think Pat Ritcher would have handled this very differently.
          I'll stop griping about it for now, but it is a good idea to let administration know that it's very disappointing. I see the first USCHO poll is out and the Badgers are #2 right behind Minnesota.

Comment

Good interview with Coach Johnson this afternoon on local sports radio show. With regards to the new players, he mentioned Erika Sowchuk and Kim Drake as players who could fill the offensive void left by graduation. However, he said that Courtney Burke (defense) will be the player that people will notice the most. Sounds like she is the real deal.

Comment

Didn't hear Coach Johnson's interview today, but I did have the opportunity to see both Kim Drake and Courtney Burke play the last couple of seasons at SSM. Drake will certainly fill a role with the Badgers as she was a pretty dependable scorer at the Prep level. I also agree that Burke will definitely
              stand out this year. She is very sound defensively and is a natural offensively with the puck. She should be fun to watch! Both players also come from a great program (SSM) that produces winning, successful hockey players.

Comment

Just curious...how many Frozen Four Championship Games has UW been in and lost? Obviously, six months ago to UM and in 2008 to UMD, but how many more, if any? Or, alternatively, how many have they played in?...which will also answer the question since we know that they've won four.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  Just curious...how many Frozen Four Championship Games has UW been in and lost? Obviously, six months ago to UM and in 2008 to UMD, but how many more, if any? Or, alternatively, how many have they played in?...which will also answer the question since we know that they've won four.
                  Just those two that you mention. Here is a link that will show the Champions and Runner-Ups:

www.ncaa.com/history/icehockey-women/nc
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Just those two that you mention. Here is a link that will show the Champions and Runner-Ups:

www.ncaa.com/history/icehockey-women/nc
                    The link will show this, but Wisconsin has been in the last 6 of 7 NCAA championship games and have gone 4-2 in those games with both losses happening in Duluth. If my math is correct, they are 19-2 in the NCAA tournament in that stretch and 19-3 all-time.

Comment

The link will show this, but Wisconsin has been in the last 6 of 7 NCAA championship games and have gone 4-2 in those games with both losses happening in Duluth. If my math is correct, they are 19-2 in the NCAA tournament in that stretch and 19-3 all-time.
                      Math isn't correct. UW has gone 3-0 in each of their 4 NCAA title seasons = 12 wins. In each of the runner-up seasons, the Badgers were 2-1 = 4-2. That makes them 16-2 or 16-3 overall in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Math isn't correct. UW has gone 3-0 in each of their 4 NCAA title seasons = 12 wins. In each of the runner-up seasons, the Badgers were 2-1 = 4-2. That makes them 16-2 or 16-3 overall in the NCAA tournament.
                        Stupid basic addition. Wrote down the records..and promptly added them up wrong. Hoping for 19-3 overall......
                        Last edited by Badger Booster; 09-19-2012, 07:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

First Ice - Installation Pictures..
                          The WCHA Dynasty
                          Wisconsin
                          National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                          MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                          National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                          MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                          National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                          MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

With the team's Twitter account saying they are on the road heading towards Mankato, I guess the season is upon us.

Per Andy Baggott's article today, Stefanie McKeough is out indefinitely while still recovering from a concussion late last season. For someone on the outside looking in, that was a surprise. I hope she will be able to make it back at some point this season. Still think the defense is a strong point of the team, but she is the best of them.

Comment

Per Andy Baggott's article today, Stefanie McKeough is out indefinitely while still recovering from a concussion late last season.
                              That is worrisome. Two players for Minnesota entered last season with pre-existing concussions and neither regained her health. This continues to be the biggest problem in our game.

Comment

Very worrisome indeed. I recall McKeough missing NCAA first round, then dressing for the Frozen Four, and even scoring a goal in the national championship game.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.
                                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X