Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Even if the best possible roster shows up for the Whitecaps, they don't figure to match up well with UW this year. They haven't been able to play a normal schedule because their league is basically gone, and they don't have the same practice structure with most everyone in attendance that a college team does. The year that the U.S. had the centralization program in Blaine, the Whitecaps had a power team, but that's now not the case. For example, they were swept by UMD at the start of the year and lost to Bemidji State. Yes, the same could be said of the Badgers, but I think UW has improved more since then.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Even if the best possible roster shows up for the Whitecaps, they don't figure to match up well with UW this year. They haven't been able to play a normal schedule because their league is basically gone, and they don't have the same practice structure with most everyone in attendance that a college team does. The year that the U.S. had the centralization program in Blaine, the Whitecaps had a power team, but that's now not the case. For example, they were swept by UMD at the start of the year and lost to Bemidji State. Yes, the same could be said of the Badgers, but I think UW has improved more since then.
      Thanks for the info. It helps me decide whether or not to take the kids, right now I'm leaning towards going.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I ended up not going, saving the gas money for OSU this Friday. Big series this weekend, UW can overtake OSU for 2nd place. If the rats sweep the Whioux, that will help bury the Whioux in the standings behind UW. Go rats. Then UW can go to the Whioux and shovel more dirt on the hole the next week.

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

Pretty well sums up the issues there have been this year. I thought the comparison of McKeough to Justin Schultz is pretty accurate. Hope that both her and Ammerman will be able to play again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
            http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...9bb2963f4.html

Pretty well sums up the issues there have been this year. I thought the comparison of McKeough to Justin Schultz is pretty accurate. Hope that both her and Ammerman will be able to play again next year.
            I read the article, though I didn't like how Baggott framed it saying the program is on thin ice. That implies there are worse problems than 2 star players being injured. From the amount of games they have played, can or do they want to redshirt? If those 2 were healthy, UW would be ahead of the rodents. .

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I read the article, though I didn't like how Baggott framed it saying the program is on thin ice.
              Keep in mind that the writer might not be responsible for the headline. I have no idea what the policy is at the State Journal, but headline writing is a separate job at some publications.

Agreed, the idea that the program is on thin ice is well off the mark. But in the actual article, Baggot's prose is much more measured, indicating that the dynasty may be vulnerable. The disconnect leads me to believe that there's a separate headline writer in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                If those 2 were healthy, UW would be ahead of the rodents. .

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Not sure what stat the author was looking at here, but Rigsby has 72 career wins. Still a very impressive number.
                  ... junior goaltender Alex Rigsby, who has already won more career games (94) than her record-setting Olympic predecessor Jessie Vetter (91).
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

When a mere shovel just won't do...
                    Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Must spread.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Wisconsin is on a nice roll at home since the opening weekend debacle. I guess it's better for the Badgers to have Minnesota beat North Dakota at this point, though it pains me to say it.

Comment

Wisconsin is on a nice roll at home since the opening weekend debacle. I guess it's better for the Badgers to have Minnesota beat North Dakota at this point, though it pains me to say it.
                        It's not just better for the Badgers. It's better for all of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                          It's not just better for the Badgers. It's better for all of humanity.
                          That's funny..with that said, if the Badgers were in realistic striking distance of the Gophers, I'd have no choice but to root for NoDak.

Comment

That's funny..with that said, if the Badgers were in realistic striking distance of the Gophers, I'd have no choice but to root for NoDak.
                            Your honesty is refreshing, Badger Booster. If we were in your situation, we'd be singing a similar tune...
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Honestly I'd like to see the earth open up and just swallow the entire rink they are playing in, heck why not the whole campus, but that's not too realistic, so, when those 2 play each other I root for whomever helps UW's cause.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Is that Goldie's vacuum cleaner being emptied?

Comment

Working...
                                X