Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

I don't care where you're from....if you call yourself a hockey fan... thats a **** nice short handed goal!

Comment

Originally posted by wmnshkyfan View Post
      I don't care where you're from....if you call yourself a hockey fan... thats a **** nice short handed goal!
      I doubt that people from NoDak will see it that way. The effort of that first defenseman wasn't exactly textbook.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by wmnshkyfan View Post
        Huge wow factor, no doubt!

Would be especially embarrasing to be the second D, who got suckered right after Decker pulled the very same toe-drag move on her partner!
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Would be especially embarrasing to be the second D, who got suckered right after Decker pulled the very same toe-drag move on her partner!
          At least she didn't fall down. I've seen Wendell pull off the toe drag on three straight defenders on one rush, the final one from her knees. Decker's is smooth, but not as lightning quick as KW's.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I've seen Wendell pull off the toe drag on three straight defenders on one rush, the final one from her knees. Decker's is smooth, but not as lightning quick as KW's.
            She was an amazing player, still the best I've ever seen individually. And I didn't witness the "three in a row" of which you speak.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that she retired from the World Stage at a relatively young age, but I fully understand there's a life after hockey that became more important to her (wife, mother and coach!).
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Ok, no Wendell love-fest on this thread. Decker seems to averaging one to two highlight goals per weekend lately.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...121212aaa.html

A well-deserved honor for Rigsby. Badgers will be leaning heavily on her and Decker during the second semester. Packer and Kelter have definitely stepped up offensively, but would be nice to get more production from the underclassmen.

Comment

Watch this snipe by former Badger Hilary Knight in CWHL action with the Boston Blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                    Watch this snipe by former Badger Hilary Knight in CWHL action with the Boston Blades.
                    That looks a lot like a goal I saw Sarah Erickson score last year.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if McKeough and Ammerman can play again this season or if medical redshirts are inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                        It'll be interesting to see if McKeough and Ammerman can play again this season or if medical redshirts are inevitable.
                        What exactly are their aliments?
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

McKeough is concussion-related and I think the same is true for Ammerman, but really haven't seen anything made public with her. I know it's been said a dozen times or so on this thread, but they are probably the difference between being a top NCAA contender and a team fighting to make the 8-team field.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            McKeough is concussion-related and I think the same is true for Ammerman, but really haven't seen anything made public with her. I know it's been said a dozen times or so on this thread, but they are probably the difference between being a top NCAA contender and a team fighting to make the 8-team field.
                            I saw on one of their Facebook pages that one was on crutches, but that was probably 2 months ago. I just email Brian Posic, maybe he knows.

Comment

From Brian Posic:
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, both players are still feeling the affects of concussions. Don't know if or when they'll return. Mark Johnson was hopeful, but unclear.
                              Check the State Journal in the next day or so. Andy Baggot was looking into the story.

Have a great weekend!

Brian
                              --------------------------------------------

So the gals are playing the Minnesota Whitecaps tonight....I see Jenny Potter and Vetter are on the Whitecaps roster, this must be a post NCAA career type of team. Their website doesn't have much info...Any thoughts on is it worth 5 hrs of my life to go see?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                So the gals are playing the Minnesota Whitecaps tonight....I see Jenny Potter and Vetter are on the Whitecaps roster, this must be a post NCAA career type of team. Their website doesn't have much info...Any thoughts on is it worth 5 hrs of my life to go see?
                                It depends entirely upon which Whitecaps, and how many of them, show up. And no one, including the team, will know the answer to those questions until close to game time.

Comment

Working...
                                X