Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Wisconsin will be in a dog-fight with UND, Ohio State and maybe Duluth for the rest of the year to get the precious 2nd and 3rd spots in the WCHA.
    Ohio State has certainly earned their spot at 2. I do agree that they can be caught but someone is going to have to beat them for that to happen. It's all on the other contenders to prove their worthiness for that higher spot.

I also agree that Duluth is still not out of the mix for top 4. But the converse of Ohio State is true here, they have to start winning some games for that to happen.

You have to play the games and the remaining games among all four of these teams should be highly competitive, each one having major implications for who has to play who in WCHA Final Face-off.
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

OK, as an outsider looking in, Minnesota is very good and riding high right now. That being said, your Badgers have been steadily getting better and more confident with time and game experience. I think it will be a good battle near the end and the Badgers will be in the thick of things for the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Boy View Post
        OK, as an outsider looking in, Minnesota is very good and riding high right now. That being said, your Badgers have been steadily getting better and more confident with time and game experience. I think it will be a good battle near the end and the Badgers will be in the thick of things for the WCHA.
        I agree with what you said, up until the very end of your post.

For the Gophers to allow the Badgers to "be in the thick of things for the WCHA" it would require a major collapse, and I just don't see that happening, as far as the WCHA regular season title is concerned. But there is no question that Wisconsin has elevated their play as of late, and what happens in the post-season is a different situation altogether. If the Badgers can continue their recent improved play, I would certainly not count them out to be in the hunt for another NCAA D1 title. But obviously they need a strong second half to put themselves in that position.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I agree with what you said, up until the very end of your post.

For the Gophers to allow the Badgers to "be in the thick of things for the WCHA" it would require a major collapse, and I just don't see that happening, as far as the WCHA regular season title is concerned. But there is no question that Wisconsin has elevated their play as of late, and what happens in the post-season is a different situation altogether. If the Badgers can continue their recent improved play, I would certainly not count them out to be in the hunt for another NCAA D1 title. But obviously they need a strong second half to put themselves in that position.
          I'm going out on a limb and say that he meant that Wisconsin is still in the thick of the WCHA race for the second and third spots. Unless Minnesota experiences a rash of ACL injuries, they will probably officially wrap up the league title by mid-January.

Read Coach Johnson's interview from Monday and mentioned they were missing another defenseman over the weekend. Did a quick search of the box score and figured it was Saige Pacholok, though not 100% sure. Hoping it's nothing serious and she'll be back for the series against North Dakota. Badgers cannot afford any more injuries.

Comment

And in news that doesn't revolve around the Wisconsin football soap opera:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Hey, maybe the band will decide to show up again for the last series of the semester. Wouldn't bet on it though.
            Last edited by Badger Booster; 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I may do the Sunday game with the kids. It's probably not a good idea to come up with a chant with the words "scalp & sue" in it, eh?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

From the Badger herald:

"North Dakota tries to bounce back against North Dakota"

http://badgerherald.com/sports/2012/...ta_tries_t.php
                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                  From the Badger herald:

Spelling looks good!

(and sometimes the Wioux can be their own worst enemy)
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                    From the Badger herald:

http://badgerherald.com/sports/2012/...ta_tries_t.php
                    So what is it that editors do these days for these newspapers?
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      So what is it that editors do these days for these newspapers?
                      Cut costs and avoid offending advertisers.

Comment

Very nice effort by the Badgers today. After a shaky start getting down 0-2, including giving up a goal in the opening minute, they put together a very strong second half. I'd say their play from roughly the 10 minute mark in the 2nd to the 10 minute mark in the 3rd was among the best they've played this year. Decker continues to show she's the best player on the ice anytime she steps on it. Her goal (the Badger's second, coming just seconds after their 1st) was brilliant, wrap around the back of the next, came up, bumped into her own teammate, flipped it up and popped the water bottle off the goal. The Badgers got way too defensive in the 2nd half of the 3rd period, and M. Lamoureux had some pretty amazing plays of her own trying to get the game tied back up, but Wisconsin held on for the 3-2 win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                          Very nice effort by the Badgers today. After a shaky start getting down 0-2, including giving up a goal in the opening minute, they put together a very strong second half. I'd say their play from roughly the 10 minute mark in the 2nd to the 10 minute mark in the 3rd was among the best they've played this year. Decker continues to show she's the best player on the ice anytime she steps on it. Her goal (the Badger's second, coming just seconds after their 1st) was brilliant, wrap around the back of the next, came up, bumped into her own teammate, flipped it up and popped the water bottle off the goal. The Badgers got way too defensive in the 2nd half of the 3rd period, and M. Lamoureux had some pretty amazing plays of her own trying to get the game tied back up, but Wisconsin held on for the 3-2 win.
                          When you hold the Lams to a combined 1 point, you're likely going to beat them. It's that simple.
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

The last period and a half was the most entertaining hockey I've watched at LaBahn so far this year. It looked a little bleak after getting down 2, but after the 2nd period timeout, the Badgers played a lot better. The tying goal by Decker was a beautiful wraparound.

Great atmosphere in the arena over the last period. I think everyone understood how big of a win it was.

I don't remember seeing Doner at any point. Drake seemed to take her spot and played a fair amount along with Unser. Not sure if they ever played a 4th line.

Did feel bad for the older gentleman in the crowd who took a puck to the face very early in the game and ended up needing medical attention.

Hopefully, they can follow up with another solid performance going into the holiday break. We need all the points we can get.

Comment

Made the decision to stay home and watch football and missed what looked like an old-time hockey game at LaBahn today. Great sweep of a good conference opponent to temporarily move into third place. Definitely the signature wins of the season.

With 21 penalties between them plus two ejections, sounds like it was a physical game. Must have been a fun game to be at. Serves me right for choosing football over the hockey game.
                              Last edited by Badger Booster; 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Stat correction

Comment

Okay...a reasonably nice goal...

D being a little porous and all.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X