Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Glad to see that you got a response. I'm not sure what they can do about the seating that this point. Yeah, they may be bigger than Camp Randall and the Fieldhouse, but those facilities and benches are decades old. They are nothing to aspire to.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      Yeah, they may be bigger than Camp Randall and the Fieldhouse, but those facilities and benches are decades old. They are nothing to aspire to.
      That's what I told him in my response that I did not post here. If he responds I will post those comments as well.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Pre-series notes. I said it before and I'll say it again, Badgers need to pick up 6 points this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
          http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...-W-Hockey.html

Pre-series notes. I said it before and I'll say it again, Badgers need to pick up 6 points this weekend.
          Things seem to be moving in the right direction, I just don't know how to look at last weekend's series, is UNH that bad (as in worse than Kato and Bemiji), UW getting better, or a combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            ...is UNH that bad (as in worse than Kato and Bemiji)...
            How quickly we forget...just two weekends ago Bemidji took 4 of 6 points out of La Bahn.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              How quickly we forget...just two weekends ago Bemidji took 4 of 6 points out of La Bahn.
              And UNH played even with Wisco the first game. 2 - 1 doesn't look that bad to me, even if the Sunday game got out of hand, I think the first game is more indicative of the level UNH is at. They are struggling with consistency, but the talent is there.
              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I think that was the point. Badgers struggled with Mankato (first weekend) and then Bemidji, but looked a lot better against New Hampshire.

Badgers get the win today and had a huge shot advantage(39-14?), but was still a grind. Mankato played a very aggressive penalty kill and thought Wisconsin could make them pay for it more. On the other side, Mankato really didn't have many quality scoring chances.

Need to finish off the sweep tomorrow. It's still a work-in-progress right now.

Comment

What I was asking was is UNH worse than Bemidji, meaning were UW's UNH wins not really quality wins because Bemidj did give UW a lot of trouble. I know what Bemidji did to UW, I saw it first hand.

Comment

Tim, thanks for clarifying. When you said "worse than" I took it as a put-down, which I now understand was not your intent.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The only good thing with Minnesota cutting through the league schedule is that it has allowed the Badgers to creep back into 3rd place with a big series against Ohio State in two weeks. Those lost points at home against Bemidji are still a hard pill to swallow.

The team is really starting to put together complete games. I like the effort on the offensive end and has paid off on the second game of the last two weekends. Of course had the highlight Decker goal(s), plus an inprobable goal by Zgraja 1-on-3 on a tight angle. Makes up for some of those pipes that they seem to hit multiple times a game.

Nice sized crowd (1600) with pretty good energy in the arena. Scoring 5 goals will do that.

Comment

Tim, thanks for clarifying. When you said "worse than" I took it as a put-down, which I now understand was not your intent.
                        No problem. Maybe I didn't make my original post clear enough.

So with the discussion on ice sheets size on the men's thread, I am wondering where the gals practiced last year? I wonder if playing on the smaller width if ice is stiffling UW's creativity at all this year? It's probably hard to tell with the turnover in players and I've only been to 1 game this year so far, so it's hard for me to judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          No problem. Maybe I didn't make my original post clear enough.

So with the discussion on ice sheets size on the men's thread, I am wondering where the gals practiced last year? I wonder if playing on the smaller width if ice is stiffling UW's creativity at all this year? It's probably hard to tell with the turnover in players and I've only been to 1 game this year so far, so it's hard for me to judge.
                          I wouldn't think smaller ice would be that big of a factor, because UW was always a good road team.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The women practiced (maybe still do now and then) at the Shell which had very nice locker room and other upgrades several years ago. However, I don't know the ice sheet size there. Badgers are seemingly getting better by the week. I think they are adjusting to the losses to graduation and indefinite injuries to McKeough and Ammerman.

Shifting briefly to a men's hockey issue, I can now understand a little more why the UW would want both ice sheet sizes right on campus. It just rubbed this fan the wrong way after a bad loss to C.C. on Friday that Eaves referenced not getting enough time on the Kohl ice.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I wouldn't think smaller ice would be that big of a factor, because UW was always a good road team.
                              Good point. It's all about 2 key injuries and who graduated.

Comment

So what's the latest on the injuries?

Comment

Working...
                                X