Angela Ruggiero on the Pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angela Ruggiero on the Pitch

Nice to see Angela Ruggeiro on the pitch today at Wembley handing out the Gold Medals to the US Women's Soccer team...as questionable as their winning said medal may be in the minds of many.

Re: Angela Ruggiero on the Pitch

It was good to see Canada win the bronze -- their first medal in a team sport in the summer games since 1932. I know that the Olympics is only every four years and a couple weren't held during WWII, but I was surprised that the drought was that long.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      It was good to see Canada win the bronze -- their first medal in a team sport in the summer games since 1932. I know that the Olympics is only every four years and a couple weren't held during WWII, but I was surprised that the drought was that long.
      Yeah, I wasn't aware of that stat until hearing it in the last few days...talk about a dust bowl! Today's Bronze Medal is all the more amazing after their complete implosion at the World's last year...0-3...they were totally devastated. Hired New Zealand's coach and he seems to have performed miracles in an extremely short period of time. Amazing story.

Comment

Good timing for the team given Canada is hosting the World Cup in three years. Should do wonders to generate interest.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Is rowing not considered a team sport? We seem to medal often in rowing.

Comment

Originally posted by canadahockey26 View Post
            Is rowing not considered a team sport? We seem to medal often in rowing.
            For the purpose of the discussion at hand, a "Team" sport, is a sport where there is only one team in the sport and no individual componentor competition in the same sport. Football (Soccer), Volleyball, Waterpolo, Hockey (Field version), Basketball, Handball are all team sports in the summer Olympics.

Sports like swimming, Rowing, Kayak, and Track are individual sports, with some events that have a team of individuals competing as a group, like the Relay's in track and swimming, and the the Double's, Four's and Eight's in Rowing.

Comment

Yeah, Canaduh like totally dominated the Olympics as always, eh? What a "bacon" of light.

Comment

Working...
              X