change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change

What single factor has caused the biggest change in college hockey during the last decade?

Re: change

Terry Pegula.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Osorojo's random threads
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Pucks that are manufactured in the U.S.A. rather than imported from the Czech Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
          What single factor has caused the biggest change in college hockey during the last decade?
          The NHL's CBA.

Comment

Firing Blaise MacDonald.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Beer

Comment

RIT going Division I (and Beer)
                -M

Comment

Change is sometimes good and sometimes bad. For instance, when I'm buying nachos, if I have change in my pocket I can use it instead of breaking another dollar bill. That can be good as I save the bill and get rid of the heavy change. BUT, change is heavy and can be cumbersome to carry. So bills are better. But are they? Bills are so fragile they have a life span of 18-22 months whereas a coin has a life span of about 25 years! Both have their pros and cons.

Sometimes I give my change to the homeless people in the Orange Line tunnels near State. It makes me feel happy to help others.

I think Osorojo's posts are kind of like change. Both are annoying to deal with when around and don't have the short life span some people hoped for but generally are discarded quickly in some way without much thought.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
                    Beer
                    Wouldn't no beer be a bigger change?
                    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Terry Pegula.
                      Hard to disagree. To his credit Pegula is apparently involved in hockey more for the love of the game than for profit (Sabers?). He is also spending his money in the U.S. rather than investing it offshore or hiding it in banks in Switzerland or the Cayman Isles. Or kvetching.

Comment

Parise sent his only son Kessel to us and had him turn pro for ours sins.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Hard to disagree. To his credit Pegula is apparently involved in hockey more for the love of the game than for profit (Sabers?). He is also spending his money in the U.S. rather than investing it offshore or hiding it in banks in Switzerland or the Cayman Isles. Or kvetching.
                          Kvetching? Of course I know what it means, but I really wasn't expecting to find a Yiddush expression here, especially when used to describe a guy name Pegula. Here's to more colorful speech!

Comment

your question pre-supposed that "change" in fact has occurred during the last decade. Although teams' conference affiliations have been re-aligned, that doesn't "change" college hockey; it merely changes how the teams' schedules are organized; college hockey itself seems pretty much the same now as it was it was in 2003, as far as I can tell.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              your question pre-supposed that "change" in fact has occurred during the last decade. Although teams' conference affiliations have been re-aligned, that doesn't "change" college hockey; it merely changes how the teams' schedules are organized; college hockey itself seems pretty much the same now as it was it was in 2003, as far as I can tell.
                              University of Maine becoming the Lake State of the East.

a full 90% of former college hockey fans in the East no longer care about college hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X