Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre-Season Predictions

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    I'm just hoping at least one eastern team can qualify for the big dance.
    He is just a bit delusional. I mean he called the gophers the greatest hockey program of all time. I spit my beer out when I read that.
    Last edited by icehawk; 07-29-2012, 12:15 AM.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'd like to hear why the defending champions won't even make the tournament.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        So, I was flying home on the corporate jet last night, drinking an apple martini and listening to my favorite Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's album, and it got me thinking. Who are the preseason favorites to win it all?

Here are my Top 5 teams:

1. Minnesota - They return the most scoring and they should have the best defensive group in college hockey. Giant favorite to win it all and continue to cement their spot as the greatest program in the history of college hockey.

2. North Dakota - Assuming Danny Kristo doesn't lose anymore toes, and Rocco doesn't fake anymore "injuries" because he can't handle the pressure of college hockey, this should be a very high scoring team. Defensively they are solid, but not intimidating. While I don't think Schmalz will live up to the hype, he should be a staple in the Flickertails back end for years.

3. Michigan - Great recruiting class coming in. Trouba is going to be an absolute stud muffin. Hopefully he hangs around more than a year. Very excited to see what Nieves can do at this level. They should be a very balanced team and are always very well coached.

4. Notre Dame - Anders Lee had somewhat of a sophomore slump (by his standards), but should bounce back and have a stellar junior season. Love the talent they have coming in. Mario Lucia is going to be a star, and Steven Fogarty has game. This Minnesota-import team is poised to contend for their first title.

5. Western Michigan - Last year wasn't a fluke. Andy Murray is an excellent coach and he has amassed a great group of talent. Look for Balisy and Berschbach to have big years offensively and DeKyser and Witkowski to keep WMU one of the most solid teams defensively.

Should be a great season!
        You be trollin'...

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
          You be trollin'...
          And really not very well.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            He is just a bit delusional. I'm mean he called the gophers the greatest hockey program of all time. I spit my beer out when I read that.
            Good thing you're not a Sconny fan or the paint thinner you would have spit out would eat the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Coaching.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

West coast bias?

All I know is BC fans will be happy just to win a few games after reading this thread. All that talent and legendary coach just doesn't cut it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by santropez View Post
                  good thing you're not a sconny fan or the paint thinner you would have spit out would eat the screen.
                  :d
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    You REALLY want to hear the delusional ramblings of a crazy person?
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      I think the last time I drank that was in 8th grade, before a dance.
                      That's so badass

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        You REALLY want to hear the delusional ramblings of a crazy person?
                        Exactly.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Because of this I could read his post. So his wife is out of town and to celebrate he and his imaginary friends break out wine coolers, go to a lame bar (Agua? Really?) and imaginary girls are coming over for fuzzy navels?
                          You forgot to add that Mrs. Dubbs bought a one way ticket.

Comment

My prediction is that Denver and UND decide the NCHC was a horrible idea, and Barry Alvarez is visited by the ghost of St. Patty's past and decides the Final Five is too much fun and the WCHA lives happily ever after!
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Oh, stop it already with your blatant Eastern bias.

Comment

#26 - Union

Comment

Working...
                                X