Scrimmage or cribbage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrimmage or cribbage?

With about 3 months to go before we get started, I got to thinking about the scrimmage. It so happens that there may not be one at my alma mater for the second year in a row, but ... how big a deal is it? For your school, who sponsors it? (the hockey program, your booster club, ?). Is it a big deal for the fans ... or is it an advantage for the players, too, is it well attended, what's it called (Red & White, Blue & Orange, Skins & Shirts ...
    and has it ever been a good predictor for the season or for specific players?

Re: Scrimmage or cribbage?

RIT's game is not well attended, but not sparsely either. I think it's cool to get that first look at all the new faces and see where the returning players are. Typically, two halves are played. One is 5-on-5 and the other is differant special teams combinations. I don't think it's a huge deal, but it is missed when not there.

I don't think it's necessarily a great predictor for the season, but it does for some players.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Re: Scrimmage or cribbage?

RPI's scrimmage, at least in the years they do it, is three 15-minute periods, 1:30 penalties, 5-5 for the first two periods and 4-4 for the third, 3-3 for OT if necessary, and a shootout. Some people show up, but it's generally just an open practice. A few times in the past years, we've foregone the red/white game.

Comment

Working...
      X