X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    God forgive me for agreeing with JD, but this is a fair statement. If Cohen is right and nothing happened, why was Parker handing out discipline afterwards? This whole thing is bad and getting worse.
    Whats getting worse? There was the task force report, the article the next day that contained the rumored info about the party at Aggains and a couple of op-ed's since then. Not like we have been hearing new allegations and info.

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    I don't think CC said nothing happened...he said it was a party, there was drinking but none of the most egregious stuff mentioned happened.

I don't know Parker's methods of investigating beer parties but if he heard about the guys having a beer party in the arena, I'm not sure he would have asked and I'm pretty sure nobody would have told him about the sex and naked skating. So, he reads them the riot act for drinking in the arena and tells them they all have to make an act of contrition.

If asked later about reports of sex and nakedness, the accurate answer would be "I have no knowledge of that".

That scenario is just as plausible as the "Parker must be fired because he blatantly lied" theory being shopped by many on here.

Three years later, they found enough people that were at the arena that night and they all corroborated the sex and nakedness? Not one person said "I didn't see that"? Did the panel interview Colby? If he had met with the panel and told them there was sex and nakedness, I suppose it is possible he would now come out publicly and lie.
    Also try to picture what the party may have been like... was the arena fully lit up floodlights and all like its game night? I'm guessing none of the players would have access to those controls... I doubt the arena lights have a switch on the wall in the hallway from the locker room to the bench. So what is there? The security lights and the hallway lights maybe? Pretty dim lighting? Given that scenario it is totally plausible that an amorous couple could have snuck off to do it in the penalty box without the majority of the party guests knowing. So even if it did happen, it seems possible that the party as a whole, was not quite as wild as the Globe story painted it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Colby put his name on a statement that he was there and didn't see neked skating nor anyone coming in a box. I've yet to here anyone else who can claim to have been there state the contrary. I recall the "task force heard about".... From whom? Eyewitnesses? Girls who got splashed? Did they see cell ph pix?
      Don't play dumb, you know that's how the media works. They don't need to reveal their sources. It's then up to the individual to decide on who they're going to believe. But let's not pretend that just because Colby said something that his side of the story is automatically true. And it's not like he would ever come out and admit that the allegations were true.

Comment

Since I've been bringing up a hope that we'll find a sniper in this year's group of freshmen forwards, I thought I would look back at the top freshmen goal scorers going back to the days of John Cullen (sorry for interrupting the scandal discussion...).

2011-12: Alexx Privitera: 4
        11: Matt Nieto: 10
        10: Alex Chiasson: 7
        09: Chris Connolly: 10
        08: Nick Bonino: 16
        07: Luke Popko: 4
        06: Brandon Yip: 9
        05: Peter MacArthur: 13
        04: Kenny Roche: 9
        03: David VanderGulik: 10
        02: Brian McConnell: 11
        01: Gregg Johnson: 5
        00: Brian Collins: 13
        99: Mike Pandolfo: 13
        98: Carl Corrazzini: 9
        97: Chris Heron: 9
        96: Albie O'Connell: 9
        95: Chris Drury: 12
        94: Shawn Bates: 10
        93: Jay Pandolfo: 17
        92: Mike Pendergast: 19
        91: Keith Tkachuk: 17
        90: Tony Amonte: 25
        89: Shawn McEachern: 20
        88: David Tomlinson: 16
        87: Mike Sullivan: 13
        86: Scott Young: 16
        85: Clark Donatelli: 17
        84: John Cullen: 23
        77: David Silk: 35

Be honest - who remembered that Privitera was the leading goal scorer last year?

Quite a run there from Scott Young to Keith Tkachuk in terms of NHL level talent. Really, if you don't count Mike Pendergast, who made a huge impact on that 91-92 team, you had a run from '84 to '95 of guys who at least had a cup of coffee in the NHL, and most had long careers (Donatelli and Tomlinson being the exceptions).

It would be nice to get one of those 13/14 scorers this year.

Was Silk a real freshman, or was that when freshmen didn't play varsity? He only played three years, but that may be because of the Olympics.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Don't play dumb, you know that's how the media works. They don't need to reveal their sources. It's then up to the individual to decide on who they're going to believe. But let's not pretend that just because Colby said something that his side of the story is automatically true. And it's not like he would ever come out and admit that the allegations were true.
          1) the media didn't do that. they read the task force report which included this. that has been my #1 beef with the glob and ms. mary. there is a story there and she is either too lazy or too incompetent to go and get it. she had a couple of columns back in the winter. i emailed her and offered thoughts and asked some questions. like when she wrote that parker said, 'there's nothing i can do about it' and she wrote that the 'it' was rape. i offered that if you had been paying attention to his comments in the days before that the 'it' to him was drinking. he stated as that being the problem. the kids drank, and got themselves into problems (men and the women).

2. colby didn't have to do anything... he has no dog in this fight. wasn't at school last year if you recall. never mentioned as being a problem. nada. he offered his take as a new participant. again - HE HAD NO REASON TO STEP FORWARD.

3. used to be you got sources and had to get someone to corroborate the story. so again, where is that? if i missed it i apologize and please learn me up. but as far as i can see here, 'some' people heard about this sex neked beer party and told the task force. they asked parker about it. he knew there was something there and maybe as far as he knew it was beer in the locker room--- because that's what it was. maybe mary should be finding kids who were there and getting the story.. "sources i spoke to who were at the party confirmed to the globe that THIS (.....) happened." that's how it's ****in done. or she can instead speak to a women who 'recently graduated' from BU and works now as a womans activist. maybe i'll give her the benefit of the doubt and think she didn't have this activist on speed dial and just happened to answer the phone when the activist called her to offer her thoughts. that is probably closer to the truth because again -- I DON'T SEE ANY LEG WORK BEING DONE BY REPORTERS AND WRITTEN ABOUT! i see a lot of commentary on the report the task force put together.

4. i have not been a BU cover up crier here. i find the actions of this past season to be disgusting. i suggested to mary back then that she find out if brown and parker spoke after trivino and what went on there. of course that is probably hard to hear without one of the two telling her, but she should be able to find out if there was in fact a meeting. i suggested she find out who trivino roomed with. if he was with other players and there was an inkling of anyone encouraging him to go back (which the report at the time stated he did) after leaving the RAs room the first time that would in fact **** me off as i would take it as having a bunch of flipping idiots on the team who did in fact have a culture problem. that information should be available for a reporter... but like everything else that involves work and not just waiting for someone to send you a confidentially written report... i read nothing.

5. there has been a lot of sensationalism of things said that have been turned into a slant to make the kids and bu look bad. my first post after the report came out was on the 'asking permission' line. i wasn't there, but i can absolutely believe that it was along the lines of the player (or any male) to have to make sure the woman was stone sober and signing a document allowing a man to have sex with her, even if she was undressed before the kid and in a prone and active role or position. same thing with braude on the clip nick shared stating how appalled he was that players had sex with women in the penalty box. the women here have no role to play. interesting how these folks with a liberal bent think women have no ability to decide for themselves that they may want to have sex.... if sex goes on, it must be due to aggression on the man's part. luckily i have known strong women who enjoy sex. it's quite an enjoyable experience.

6. if mary had found out that trivino's roommates or the people in his room had encouraged him to go back to the RAs room, i would have wanted them kicked off the team too if they were hockey players.

7. so again. until i see facts (pix of hot co-eds having enjoyable consensual sex in the box ) or someone comes forward with firsthand evidence stating the same.... i will defer to the person who made himself and his comments public and was there - stating what he saw (and didn't see) over unnamed questionable sources.

8. and to the girl again who told a freep person in the winter, then again the task force, that one of the players thrust his hands into her clothes at Ts. GO TO THE COPS. i want this kid off the team immediately and in jail if due process leads to it.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Since I've been bringing up a hope that we'll find a sniper in this year's group of freshmen forwards, I thought I would look back at the top freshmen goal scorers going back to the days of John Cullen (sorry for interrupting the scandal discussion...).

2011-12: Alexx Privitera: 4
            11: Matt Nieto: 10
            10: Alex Chiasson: 7
            09: Chris Connolly: 10
            08: Nick Bonino: 16
            07: Luke Popko: 4
            06: Brandon Yip: 9
            05: Peter MacArthur: 13
            04: Kenny Roche: 9
            03: David VanderGulik: 10
            02: Brian McConnell: 11
            01: Gregg Johnson: 5
            00: Brian Collins: 13
            99: Mike Pandolfo: 13
            98: Carl Corrazzini: 9
            97: Chris Heron: 9
            96: Albie O'Connell: 9
            95: Chris Drury: 12
            94: Shawn Bates: 10
            93: Jay Pandolfo: 17
            92: Mike Pendergast: 19
            91: Keith Tkachuk: 17
            90: Tony Amonte: 25
            89: Shawn McEachern: 20
            88: David Tomlinson: 16
            87: Mike Sullivan: 13
            86: Scott Young: 16
            85: Clark Donatelli: 17
            84: John Cullen: 23
            77: David Silk: 35

Be honest - who remembered that Privitera was the leading goal scorer last year?

Quite a run there from Scott Young to Keith Tkachuk in terms of NHL level talent. Really, if you don't count Mike Pendergast, who made a huge impact on that 91-92 team, you had a run from '84 to '95 of guys who at least had a cup of coffee in the NHL, and most had long careers (Donatelli and Tomlinson being the exceptions).

It would be nice to get one of those 13/14 scorers this year.

Was Silk a real freshman, or was that when freshmen didn't play varsity? He only played three years, but that may be because of the Olympics.
            Yes, Silk was freshman in 76-77 and played only three years before turning pro. Mark Fidler led the 78 NCAA champs as a freshman in goals and scoring (30-35-65). The first year of freshman eligibility was 72-73. That year a soph, Paul 0'Neill, led the team in scoring in his first varsity season 35-19-54.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

mookie, you've been more than fair--don't stop now

You can certainly believe Cohen if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                i suggested she find out who trivino roomed with. if he was with other players and there was an inkling of anyone encouraging him to go back (which the report at the time stated he did) after leaving the RAs room the first time that would in fact **** me off as i would take it as having a bunch of flipping idiots on the team who did in fact have a culture problem. that information should be available for a reporter...
                I cannot say more than this but all of his roommates were hockey players and calling them "encouraging" towards him interacting with others that night could not be further from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  I cannot say more than this but all of his roommates were hockey players and calling them "encouraging" towards him interacting with others that night could not be further from the truth.
                  good. should have sat on him though. hindsight and all of course...

Comment

Mookie- I know that Connolly was one of Trivino's roommates. I don't remember who else they roomed with, but I'm pretty sure they were upperclassmen. And to add to Agganis' point that no one encouraged him, here's what I wrote back when it happened:

BU coach Jack Parker said it was his understanding that none of Trivino's teammates were there for the incident. Because the team was in Maine on Saturday night — the usual designated night to drink for players over 21 — players who are of legal drinking age were allowed to drink on Sunday instead. Parker said he had been told that some players were drinking with Trivino earlier that day, but that they didn't let him go out with them that night because he was already too drunk.

Parker said Trivino's roommates, including team captain Chris Connolly, returned to their room a little after midnight and found out that Trivino had been arrested. They then called Parker, now in his 39th season as head coach of the Terriers, to let him know what happened.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      mookie, you've been more than fair--don't stop now

You can certainly believe Cohen if you want.
                      unfortunately, to the masses right now being 'fair' means taking as fact everything that comes out that paints bu hockey in a bad light.

CCohen gains nothing by making up stuff. absolutely nothing. plus he put his name to it.
                      may come to find he's lying. but right now those two items carry some weight.

(fed league also retweeted connolly the other day calling it 'bs'. that could just be general 'bs' as opposed to certain facts being 'bs'.. so i won't claim colby's story has a 2nd source )

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Yeah, you'd never be dumb enough to only look at one side of a story, jump to conclusions and make a bunch of outlandish statements with no facts.
                        Last edited by pirate; 09-13-2012, 07:49 AM.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Chris Connolly just tweeted this FYI " Just read @ColbyCohen36 response to the BU investigation. I love it, agree with it, and respect his decision to step up. #BUhockeyfamily"
                          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            Yeah, you'd never be dumb enough to only look at one side of a story, jump to conclusions and make a bunch of outlandish statements with no facts.
                            Did I not say that Cohen could be telling the truth? What conclusions have I jumped to? What outlandish statements have I made? At least come with some substance.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Whats getting worse? There was the task force report, the article the next day that contained the rumored info about the party at Aggains and a couple of op-ed's since then. Not like we have been hearing new allegations and info.
                              What's getting worse is the feeding frenzy and accompanying feeling of a team under seige until they clean house. I'll say again, even the slightest incident this year (an underage player boozing for example) is going to get blown up into part of the narrative of a team out of control. Some of my fellow fans seem to think this should have blown over already. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Anyone willing to discard Colby Cohen's comments should equally discard any other unsubstantiated comments, anonymous or otherwise, made to the Globe or task force by a single person. Both have reasons to tell the truth, and both have reasons to lie. So if you're willing to throw the program and Parker under the bus because one girl said a hockey player shoved his hand down her pants, you should also be willing to accept that nothing bad or illegal occurred at the Agganis party.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X