This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

For the record, my response was to ditch BU season tickets, spend the money skiing, and attend a half-dozen games at a variety of venues -- BU, UML, NU, Beanpot. Much better. Don't kid yourself -- Conte, really, pretty much sucks. A pain to get into and out of, everyone watches the scoreboard instead of the game (not inherent to Conte only, of course), and of course, it's swarming with smug, self-important BC fans. I respect and admire everything about the BC program right now, except for the general student/alumni mindset that "We are BC, therefore we should be adored." Same kind of nonsense got BU where it is, and BC's time will come around (again).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      You're kidding, right? Ellis has been gone a decade. It is now MATCH, a charter school.
      Ellis the rim man is a fantastic reference though. That is WBA stuff
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bukevin View Post
        Conte, really, pretty much sucks. A pain to get into and out of, everyone watches the scoreboard instead of the game (not inherent to Conte only, of course), and of course, it's swarming with smug, self-important BC fans. I respect and admire everything about the BC program right now, except for the general student/alumni mindset that "We are BC, therefore we should be adored." Same kind of nonsense got BU where it is, and BC's time will come around (again).
        The only thing that sucks about Conte is that it doesn't have AC--and even that's changing. So while it might not be like Engelstad Arena, it doesn't "suck". Also, a pain in the *** to get into it? What are you talking about? There's a FREE parking garage right next to the arena and it's big enough to hold every car headed to the game. Going to a Bruins game is a pain in the ***. My guess is you're really talking about the BC students, in which I'd say BU students are just as bad when talking about an in-game experience. Tell me, what's going to happen to the BC program?

Comment

Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
          Hey Kevin, you are "preaching to the choir" my friend for I too was a long time B.U. season ticket holder during the 1990's and I also ditched my choice seats. I, however, have a solution for you. Instead of B.U. season tickets get yourself some B.C season tickets! Now, I am not here to make this suggestion as a means of "kicking" the B.U. faithful when they are down and hurting. No sir! I sincerely believe that the B.C. hockey experience is superior to that of B.U. I am not talking about wins and losses and national championships. Both schools are rich in these categories. No, I am talking about ambiance! Conte Forum (while admittedly not perfect) is a far better venue than the Agganis Arena. The Agganis has a narrow concourse, inadequate bathrooms, a steep pitch on the stairs leading to the seats, and very little leg room. Not sure about parking, but last time I was at the Agganis I had to pay for parking. At B.C. you have plenty of leg room, a wider concourse, HUGE bathrooms, and FREE GARAGE PARKING! B.C. is just the best at creating a nice, family-friendly, hockey experience.

You are, however, dead wrong in your assessment of the B.U. program. As a long time season ticket holder you of all people should know that it most certainly is ALL Jack Parker's fault. As head coach it is his responsibilty to make sure that his players comport themselves accordingly. That is a very hard task indeed for a man whose behavior has been at best reprehensible. How many times over the past two seasons has Parker been called upon to apologize FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS? There was the Vermont incident this past season and then there was the melee that occurred during the Hockey East quarterfinals at the end of the 2010-2011 season. Parker's teams have always been prone to "goonery" when they lose and that behavior is nothing more than a reflection of the coach. It is time for the B.U. administration to step up and suggest to Coach Parker (privately, or course) that now would be a good time to announce his retirement at the conclusion of the 2012-2013 season. Better to leave on retirement terms than to be summarily dismissed.
          You have obviously never been into the bathrooms behind section 118.

Like BC more if you want, that's fine, and Conte does not "suck" but there is nothing better about Conte Forum as compared to Agganis.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            You have obviously never been into the bathrooms behind section 118.

Like BC more if you want, that's fine, and Conte does not "suck" but there is nothing better about Conte Forum as compared to Agganis.
            BC's new scoreboards from a few years ago blow BU's away.

Carry on.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

"Getting into and out of" means for me, getting out to I-93 to return to the Merrimack Valley. I never pay to park for a BU game -- there are lots of easy side streets. There is no good way to get to Conte for me, from the Kenmore Square end or the I-95 end, especially on Fridays. I agree with Eric in the end, Conte may not "suck, " but it has no inherently stronger positives to make it better than Agganis. and to return to the heart of the matter: the BU program has not been headed in a positive direction for some time. That does not mean I want it to fail, and in no way, shape. or form, would I become a regular at Conte as an alternative. All things are cyclical, and some day for whatever unpredictable reasons, the BU-BC dynamic will change. In the meantime, in terms of a roughly $2,500 expenditure (tickets, gas, food, beverages) for a full season, my money yields a far greater return when I ski... even last winter, my son and I got out 17 times and never came home feeling the way we did after so many BU games over the past few seasons.

Comment

You're a BU fan. The BC rink is on the BC campus. Why does it matter that it's not easy for you to get to Conte? Where should the rink be? Thankfully for you guys, JackPa didn't go any bigger than 6,200 seats or whatever it is. If it was as big as Conte, it would look like more of a wasteland than it already does on the average Friday or Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  You're a BU fan. The BC rink is on the BC campus. Why does it matter that it's not easy for you to get to Conte?
                  It only matters because one poster suggested to another that he buy BC season tickets. That poster then responded that Conte Forum was hard for him to get to. Then without knowing where he lives, you told him that Conte was easier to get to than Aggains or The Garden. Subsequently we found out that said poster lives in the Merrimack Valley thus establishing that you were wrong and that Conte is indeed harder for him to get to than Agganis or The Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    BC's new scoreboards from a few years ago blow BU's away.

Carry on.
                    particularly since BU's didn't work properly for half the freakin season last year....

Comment

Thanks for reminding me why I join a thread about once a year. Rational people, thanks, and good night.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        It only matters because one poster suggested to another that he buy BC season tickets. That poster then responded that Conte Forum was hard for him to get to. Then without knowing where he lives, you told him that Conte was easier to get to than Aggains or The Garden. Subsequently we found out that said poster lives in the Merrimack Valley thus establishing that you were wrong and that Conte is indeed harder for him to get to than Agganis or The Garden.
                        Well excuse me for not reading every post on here. I read I guess what was his 2nd post on the topic, completely separate from his original response to whoever you're talking about. And I never said Conte was easier to get to that Agganis. Going to and getting in and out of a BC game at Conte is easier than a Bruins game. At least that's my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bukevin View Post
                          Thanks for reminding me why I join a thread about once a year. Rational people, thanks, and good night.
                          You realize that you may now be dumber for having read the posts in here.

(reference Billy Madison!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            You realize that you may now be dumber for having read the posts in here.

(reference Billy Madison!!!)
                            I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul
                            Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              the Allston bars likely won't allow the underage players in because of how strict the city is with enforcing underage drinking at those bars.
                              This must have happened after Molly's and Lucky Johnny's closed...

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Well excuse me for not reading every post on here. .
                                I CALL BULL****!!!'. Cause we know you do
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X