This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012 Offseason

BTW, this Globe writer is my hero and I love her.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The BU administration's response to all of this is extraordinary given what has been going on around the country - Penn State, etc.

Wow is all I can say....

It will be interesting to see if the apathy that is clearly rampant at the administration level is consistent at the alumni and student population.
      Last edited by bothman; 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        BTW, this Globe writer is my hero and I love her.
        The only aspect of the article that surprised me is that the Globe didn't work in a positive reference, however oblique, to Elizabeth Warren.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• I've brought this up before so I don't want to appear that I am ducking a recommendation I agree with-- but if I look at harvards roster how many players would I see enrolled in the Harvard extension school?

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          The only aspect of the article that surprised me is that the Globe didn't work in a positive reference, however oblique, to Elizabeth Warren.
          My favorite squaw! . [there IS a drunken Indian joke here, but I'm not typing it!]
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't think the administration is apathetic at all. The one step they didn't take however is cleaning house ala Penn St. No doubt that's out of deference to Parker's long tenure. However I can't see them getting past this now as long as the same people are in place. Every time something happens this year its going to be front page headlines and a continuation of the scandal. I don't think this is the end of it, and I don't see this ending well...
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I don't think the administration is apathetic at all. The one step they didn't take however is cleaning house ala Penn St. No doubt that's out of deference to Parker's long tenure. However I can't see them getting past this now as long as the same people are in place. Every time something happens this year its going to be front page headlines and a continuation of the scandal. I don't think this is the end of it, and I don't see this ending well...
              What happened at BU and what happened at Penn State are not comparable.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

..given how hard it is to get to.. & play D1.. just ridiculous.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I don't think this is the end of it
                  You can expect another article in the next few days for sure. Be happy if this isn't front page Sunday Globe stuff.

Anyway, point blank question that needs to be answered.

Did Parker lie to the task force? Or is he really just this senile that he can't remember?

And if he did lie, how can Bobby Brown not fire him immediately?
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Hmmmmmmmmm. Long tenured championship winning coach staying at a storied program for too long while going senile and presiding over a "scandal" on the way out the door.

Nope, not similar at all.

Comment

Familiarity may breed contempt, but privilege breeds collapse. The downfall of athletic, political and religious organizations is their assumption of special rights reserved to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Really? Penn St largely turned a blind eye because JoePa was a tenured legend whose legacy was not subject to taint (until the university had no choice but to act)

What happens if there is another incident this year and despite all of the hard data in the hands of the administration that shows the inmates are runnign the asylum, they continued to turn a blind eye and efectively gave Parker a slight slap on the wrist.

I see lots of parallels....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Did Parker lie to the task force? Or is he really just this senile that he can't remember?

And if he did lie, how can Bobby Brown not fire him immediately?
                          What did brownie and Parker talk about immediately following the trivino arrest????

(you know brownie is a 'fanboy', right? Has a jersey and everything )
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

One last thing... props to our own reblur for coming up with yet another horrendously dumb story

She wrote on boston.com that the media is spinning this out of control and that nothing is wrong with the BU hockey team's culture. I wonder if she read Mary Carmichael's article today?

Here we had two arrests stemming from separate and completely different incidents of sexual assault, and rather than establishing an immediate plan for handling sexual assault on campus, the president decided to look into the culture of the hockey team. But to believe that sexual assault was an issue isolated to the hockey team was ridiculous, and the task force proved that to be true. It ultimately found nothing about BU hockey itself that caused the two incidents.

If you read the papers, you’ll see a different story. According to the media, the task force did find plenty wrong with the BU hockey culture.They have decided to run with the story that there is a culture of sexual entitlement among some BU hockey players and that the hockey players are held to a lower academic standard and isolated on campus from the rest of the BU students.
                            Boy do I miss her.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 09-07-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              One last thing... props to our own reblur for coming up with yet another horrendously dumb story

She wrote on boston.com that the media is spinning this out of control and that nothing is wrong with the BU hockey team's culture. I wonder if she read Mary Carmichael's article today?

Boy do I miss her.
                              Noonan for Hobey

Comment

I know there are several BU fans making the trip to Grand Forks this year, and I just wanted to let you know that tickets go on sale at 11am (Eastern time) on Friday, September 14th. If you are a super-diehard and must have tickets, you can join North Dakota's Champions Club ($100) and get on the waiting list for season tickets (the $100 is refundable). Champions Club members have access to a pre-sale on the 12th. There are roughly 800 tickets left for each game, and they will likely go fast. Tickets are on sale via ticketmaster, so expect a hefty surcharge for using that service.

Anyway, sorry if this information has already been announced in this thread, and I hope all of you who are making the trip either already have tickets, or are able to get tickets next Friday.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X