SNC & St. Scholastica to MCHA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SNC & St. Scholastica to MCHA

I know, I know, I'm an easterner, BUT, isn't the WIAC sort of trying to become the SUNYAC of the west? And aren't there some other Wisconsin state schools that could add hockey to make the WIAC tournament eligible?
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

I'm pleased the MCHA put the welcome mat out for these poor orphans.

I very much looking forward to the end of the current scheduling format of the MCHA.
      Initially there will need to be more non-conference opportunities afforded those teams wanting to add relative strength to their schedules.

There'll certainly be a lot more meaningful discussion this time next year as scheduling takes shape in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Interestingly no one from the WIAC is speaking up in their own defense ... come on you Superior and Stevens Pointers ... where are you?
        I'm not going to defend it because even though I'm a Point fan I don't like it one bit. There's nothing worth even attempting to defend here.
        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          ...Sorry, but I don't see the potential for those 5 schools here. If the ECAC-W gets to 7, these WIAC schools might have just committed program suicide.
          The WIAC schools have the recruiting base and significant recruiting advantages in several demographics, as well as an (aging) legacy. There is potential but and it is a big BUT - as I noted, they will need to have some strong determination (aka administrative commitment) and/or rabbits in their hats.

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
          I know, I know, I'm an easterner, BUT, isn't the WIAC sort of trying to become the SUNYAC of the west? And aren't there some other Wisconsin state schools that could add hockey to make the WIAC tournament eligible?
          More like the MASCAC
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

No WIAC schools will be adding men's hockey any time soon. They are all facing legitimate budget issues, which depending on whom you choose to listen to is the reason for all of this anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
              No WIAC schools will be adding men's hockey any time soon. They are all facing legitimate budget issues, which depending on whom you choose to listen to is the reason for all of this anyway.
              Not to mention the title 9 hurdle all schools are up against.

Comment

overall just glad the announcement / decision was made, time to move forward.
                Sad to know this is the last season of the NCHA and Peters Cup.
                time to continue building the next dynasty!

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post

And yest Altazo, UWEC is way on the wrong end of the 40-4-4 Record vs the Knights (they're a pretty good team) and while being so bad vs the Knights UWEC has had no problems walking into Adrian the last two years and taken care of business. The best team the MCHA has had since its inception (Adrian) has an all time record of 1-5 vs current NCHA teams and three of those losses were against teams that finished in the bottom of the NCHA in the respective season's that they beat Adrian.

On a separate note as a DIII hockey fan; if the WIAC does fold like it seems a lot of people are speculating that would probably hurt the possibility of expanding the NCAA Tournament, so I hope all the dooms day prepers are wrong.

You sound bitter !
                  Four of Adrian's losses were by one goal. Two of those were in the Tournament to SNC one of which was the in the National Championship.

As I look back at the results the past several years, UWEC has had very little to celebrate other than it's victories at Adrian's Thanksgiving Invitational. Both games were great to watch and the Blugold's were very good. I will alway respect UWEC for being the first NCHA team to put us on their schedule.

I agree with you and hope the WIAC thrives. Would love to get another shot at UWEC.
                  Last edited by NorthernLite; 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    You sound bitter !

As I look back at the results the past several years, UWEC has had very little to celebrate other than it's victories at Adrian's Thanksgiving Invitational. Both games were great to watch and the Blugold's were very good. I will alway respect UWEC for being the first NCHA team to put us on their schedule.

I agree with you and hope the WIAC thrives. Would love to get another shot at UWEC.
                    No not bitter at all NorthernLite. UWEC's non conference record with a very tough SOS has been solid since Coach Loen has taken over, they just need to be better (maybe a lot better) in conference. Took great steps last year sweeping River (in River) in the first round of playoffs and IMO gave the Knights the only real challenge they had in the post season. 2-0 Loss (1 PP Goal, 1 ENG) with a controversial goal disallowed for the Blugolds early in the first period. I think the future is bright for the Blugolds and hope they represent the NCHA / WIAC this year in Lake Placid. But I'm always wearing my Blugold colored glasses.

Comment

This was not the result that I was expecting, but as an MCHA fan, I am very happy to have both CSS and SNC in the league. The WIAC schools will be fine moving forward. They have a lot of comparative advantages that should keep their programs strong. This has been a good summer for the MCHA. SNC and CSS make the top of the table stronger, while recent coaching changes at Lake and Concordia should strengthen the bottom as well.

More than anything, I am curious to see what scheduling looks like in a couple of years for both the NCHA and the WIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
                        No not bitter at all NorthernLite. UWEC's non conference record with a very tough SOS has been solid since Coach Loen has taken over, they just need to be better (maybe a lot better) in conference. Took great steps last year sweeping River (in River) in the first round of playoffs and IMO gave the Knights the only real challenge they had in the post season. 2-0 Loss (1 PP Goal, 1 ENG) with a controversial goal disallowed for the Blugolds early in the first period. I think the future is bright for the Blugolds and hope they represent the NCHA / WIAC this year in Lake Placid. But I'm always wearing my Blugold colored glasses.
                        You only have Brandon Stephenson for one more year. He's a very solid goaltender. He certainly seemed to like playing in front of family and friends at Adrian. Good luck this season.

Comment

I wonder how the Raiders feel about the changes ... spent 5 years trying to beat Adrian and now that they did that, the league adds SNC.

Overall, I can't help but be happy about this. The league just keeps getting stronger and stronger and the leadership keeps taking it to a better direction. I would be very surprised if they remain undefeated all-time against MCHA foes after just the first league season. I am sure it may be close, but, oh well, we'll see.
                          MCHA GURU: No. 13 over No. 4 in the 2009 T.O.P. ... PRICELESS

Comment

Originally posted by MCHA GURU View Post
                            I wonder how the Raiders feel about the changes ... spent 5 years trying to beat Adrian and now that they did that, the league adds SNC.

Overall, I can't help but be happy about this. The league just keeps getting stronger and stronger and the leadership keeps taking it to a better direction. I would be very surprised if they remain undefeated all-time against MCHA foes after just the first league season. I am sure it may be close, but, oh well, we'll see.
                            Greek, Roman, Ottoman, Middlebury ....
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Any updates from the press conference?

Also, D3Hockey's article, with an interview with Dan Harris:
                              http://d3hockey.com/features/men/12-...nues-evolution

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                                any updates from the press conference?

Also, d3hockey's article, with an interview with dan harris:
                                http://d3hockey.com/features/men/12-...nues-evolution
                                from uscho?? Haha you're funny!!!!
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X