Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNE gets slapped by the NCAA...

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...aid+violations

Those who fail to pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it....
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: UNE gets slapped by the NCAA...

but didn’t happen to just the hockey program right? This is for all sports?
    If there really was something wrong I support NCAA. We need to follow the rules, but my opinion is NCAA rules are outdated. But in general I feel NCAA takes the power and flexibility out of the universities/colleges hands.
    NCAA football is an absolute joke. Basketball isn’t much better. But hockey gets the violations.

Comment

Guess it had to be the whole program as the AD was "reassigned to other duties".
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        but didn’t happen to just the hockey program right? This is for all sports?
        If there really was something wrong I support NCAA. We need to follow the rules, but my opinion is NCAA rules are outdated. But in general I feel NCAA takes the power and flexibility out of the universities/colleges hands.
        NCAA football is an absolute joke. Basketball isn’t much better. But hockey gets the violations.
        Are you saying football at D3 is an absolute joke and basketball at D3 isn't much better? I am not sure that is the case? If you are saying D1 football and basketball are a mess then I agree with you.
        Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

I told you guys this was going to happen last winter...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
            I told you guys this was going to happen last winter...
            So who's next?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              So who's next?
              If you read the Oswego board...the Lakers may be next.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                So who's next?
                UNE has know that something like this could happen since at least last DEC..

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                  If you read the Oswego board...the Lakers may be next.
                  well have not heard anything on that for awhile.....tons of speculation but nothing concrete yet?????????? will also say only 3 recruits listed so far?????

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    well have not heard anything on that for awhile.....tons of speculation but nothing concrete yet?????????? will also say only 3 recruits listed so far?????

It is coming, everyone wants this to be in the final release:

This case was resolved through the summary disposition process, a cooperative effort where the involved parties collectively submit the case to the Committee on Infractions in written form. The NCAA enforcement staff, university and involved individuals must agree to the facts of the case in order for this process to be utilized instead of having a formal hearing.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                      It is coming, everyone wants this to be in the final release:
                      norm on top as always

Comment

Despite all of this being found, there's one important thing to note: no teams were made post-season ineligible by this. The only way this affects the hockey program are the six student-athletes who have to choose between hockey and financial aid (not that they do not specify men's or women's hockey). I could have sworn some hockey players left UNE last year when faced with the same decision... Is this the same incident, or a separate thing altogether? If the latter, did they not learn their lesson?
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          Despite all of this being found, there's one important thing to note: no teams were made post-season ineligible by this.
                          There's no postseason ban because they announced the violations during the offseason.

Remember, the only reason certain schools got banned from the playoffs is because the violation was announced during the hockey season, and thus they already had players playing under the violated rule. However, for those sports like Potsdam lacrosse, which was affected also, they had time to cleanse their roster and still be eligible for postseason play, which in fact they made that year. UNE is being told to cleanse their roster. Ergo, there is no postseason ban.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                            If you are saying D1 football and basketball are a mess then I agree with you.
                            this

Comment

Whats going on with 'Wego? That thread is 11 pages, no way Im reading all that. Cliff notes?

Comment

Working...
                              X