Re: D-3 2012-13 Schedules

Plattsburgh State schedule:
    2012-13 Schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
      Plattsburgh State schedule:
      2012-13 Schedule
      Great to see the Polar Bears returning the favor and travelling across the Lake to play the Cardinals December 17!!! Bowdoin has not played at Stafford since a 5-0 loss in February '08 to a Plattsburgh team with Beattie in net and Blanchard and O'Connor on the ice. The Polar Bears have never won in Stafford and have not beaten the Cards since a 1-0 victory on a Quinlan goal with MacEachern pitching the shutout (beating Roy) at Dayton way back in '04.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        Great to see the Polar Bears returning the favor and travelling across the Lake to play the Cardinals December 17!!! Bowdoin has not played at Stafford since a 5-0 loss in February '08 to a Plattsburgh team with Beattie in net and Blanchard and O'Connor on the ice. The Polar Bears have never won in Stafford and have not beaten the Cards since a 1-0 victory on a Quinlan goal with MacEachern pitching the shutout (beating Roy) at Dayton way back in '04.
        Obserbear, do you know anything about the game listed on St. Norberts schedule with Bowdoin playing St Norbert in Green Bay?
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
          Obserbear, do you know anything about the game listed on St. Norberts schedule with Bowdoin playing St Norbert in Green Bay?
          I e-mailed Coach O'Neil and did not hear back yet...

Comment

I e-mailed Coach O'Neil and did not hear back yet...
            Perhaps I need to increase my contribution to the Polar Bear Athletic Fund? Still no reply from Coach O'Neil, but I am sure it is a busy time of year. Anyway, I think the other game is against Concordia-Moorhead on 12/31.

Comment

The SNC -- Bowdoin game will be played at the Resch Center, with a 3:00 Central starting time, on Dec. 29. The GB Gamblers (USHL team) will play in the night cap.
              SNC Men:
              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
              SNC Women:
              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Here are the ECAC – East scheds as of Aug 2 are up for:
                Manhattenvile
                New England College
                Nichols
                Norwich
                St Michaels
                Salve Regina
                Southern Maine

University of New England applied to be in the ECAC – East. Their schedule (partial?) is up, but I do not know their status…

Castleton, Holy Cross, Plymouth State, St Anslem & UMass Boston are not up yet

Comment

Perhaps I need to increase my contribution to the Polar Bear Athletic Fund? Still no reply from Coach O'Neil, but I am sure it is a busy time of year. Anyway, I think the other game is against Concordia-Moorhead on 12/31.
                  They Play CM in Eden Prairie, MN.
                  Last edited by 123kidd; 08-14-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Nichols Women:

http://nicholsathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=wice

Comment

Here is Concordia,Mn schedule. Proud to say my daughter Amber Schaack has committed and will play there next year. Coach Bruiniks was after her pretty hard and she could of went D1 but she loves the school and coaches. Good for me as it's only 95 miles east on I-94.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/conc...key/2012-2013/
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

how is utica able to pull off the two early pwhl games in canada before oct 15th? it seems like they are the only team that knows about this ncaa loophole

http://www.ucpioneers.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                          how is utica able to pull off the two early pwhl games in canada before oct 15th? it seems like they are the only team that knows about this ncaa loophole

http://www.ucpioneers.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey
                          Other teams know about this "loophole".

The NCAA allows teams to take international trips once every four years, which this qualifies as. RIT did the same thing last year during Christmas time when they went to Canada and played four games against some of the best Canadian University teams.

Plattsburgh has also done something like this in the past going up and playing some of the Quebec universities.

The games don't go against their allotted 25 game schedule and they can do it during the "non-traditional" season. I'm not sure if Utica's freshmen are allowed to go on the trip or not. I know during the summer incoming freshmen aren't allowed to go.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

I know about the international exception such as RIT from last season etc but the language is pretty clear no coaching whatsoever before Oct 15th. I do not know of any other example of a DIII team doing this like Utica has. On the other hand I doubt Utica would schedule these games without checking into this ultra thoroughly and conclusively. more power to them of course for doing this. it gives them a huge advantage.

Comment

Working...
                            X