Buccigross to call Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buccigross to call Frozen Four

This will be great, he's always come across as a huge hockey fan.

I'm not sure if he's responsible for getting some NCAA hockey highlights on sportscenter Top 10's but....I suppose it's possible

like this gem! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP51kP-72AQ
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Re: Buccigross to call Frozen Four

That he WANTS to do it is huge. I can't think of anyone better suited that the Mouse.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

We'll probably still be subjected to the Glens Falls Mullet for colour.

Comment

I have no reason to think John Buccigross will do anything less than an excellent job.

Still, I would like to give a shout-out to Gary Thorne, who covered the Frozen Four for many years.

Thorne also serves as the prime play-by-play man for the Baltimore Orioles. There may not be too many people aware that in 2012, Thorne called the Frozen Four semifinals in Tampa on April 5, hopped a plane to Baltimore to cover the Orioles' home opener on the afternoon of April 6, went back to Tampa for the championship game on April 7, and was back in Baltimore for the Orioles' Sunday afternoon game on April 8.

I'd say Gary showed a fair degree of dedication to college hockey by putting himself through that kind of schedule in order to call the Frozen Four.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          I have no reason to think John Buccigross will do anything less than an excellent job.

Still, I would like to give a shout-out to Gary Thorne, who covered the Frozen Four for many years.

Thorne also serves as the prime play-by-play man for the Baltimore Orioles. There may not be too many people aware that in 2012, Thorne called the Frozen Four semifinals in Tampa on April 5, hopped a plane to Baltimore to cover the Orioles' home opener on the afternoon of April 6, went back to Tampa for the championship game on April 7, and was back in Baltimore for the Orioles' Sunday afternoon game on April 8.

I'd say Gary showed a fair degree of dedication to college hockey by putting himself through that kind of schedule in order to call the Frozen Four.
          Those are very fine gentlemen who love and promote college hockey as often as they can. Tom Mees is probably smiling today. May his spirit live on
          "It's a great day for hockey" - Badger Bob Johnson

MIAMI of OHIO - maybe this year

Comment

I like Bucci a lot but I'm a HUGE fan of Gary Thorne calling the Frozen Four.

This is actually kind of disappointing for me.

Hockey on ESPN won't be the same without Gary Thorne on the broadcast.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              I like Bucci a lot but I'm a HUGE fan of Gary Thorne calling the Frozen Four.

This is actually kind of disappointing for me.

Hockey on ESPN won't be the same without Gary Thorne on the broadcast.
              I'm on the same boat. I'll miss Thorne doing hockey games.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Posted without comment

scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

They should have kept Gary Thorne as the play-by-play guy and replace Mulletrose with Bucci. But it should still be good for publicity, as you know he'll pump the game's tires on Sportscenter more than ever before.

Comment

I personally don't think losing Gary Thorne is any big loss.

Comment

Buccigross is a great fan of hockey...that does NOT make him a great play-by-play announcer. He worked games during the regional and he is marginal at best. Gary Thorne is a pbp man...that's his skill. Bucci is an anchor, that's his skill...there is a BIG difference between the two. Adding Buccigross is not an improvement over what little ESPN is doing for the game. College hockey is not now, nor will it ever be an area of emphasis for the Boys from Bristol. This move might have more to do with cost-saving than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I personally don't think losing Gary Thorne is any big loss.
                        Maybe it's my experience with NHL11 and NHL12 speaking, but I agree.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          Maybe it's my experience with NHL11 and NHL12 speaking, but I agree.
                          The only reason the commentary sucks on those games is Bill Clement. Gary is fine.

Comment

Love Gary Thorne, not a fan of Buccigross. This move gets a thumbs down from me.

Comment

Not a fan of the move. The so called world wide leader in sports could have found an actual hockey play by play announcer, not a sports center anchor adding his catch phrases to the game. This proves what ESPN thinks of college hockey. I respect his love for the game but even someone like Sean Mcdonough would have worked better. Can't wait for the day NBC Sports Network gets the rights to the Frozen Four.

Comment

Working...
                              X