Clear All

• Nichols College Lou Educate Transferring

Looks like Louie Educate will be transferring to Utica

Louie Educate Nichols FR F 27 27-15-42 1.56

Re: Nichols College Lou Educate Transferring

Originally posted by Fliptrips View Post
    Looks like Louie Educate will be transferring to Utica

Louie Educate Nichols FR F 27 27-15-42 1.56
    looks like a nice pick up, didnt play in the best league but still impressive #'s,should help THE U with some Offense

Comment

That's a big pickup for the Pios. He probably won't replicate those numbers but think 15-20 goals wouldn't be out of the question...especially with Utica's cake OOC schedule.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        looks like a nice pick up, didnt play in the best league but still impressive #'s,should help THE U with some Offense
        Lou Educate is a good scorer with real quickness and an accurate shot. The question with him is his size, not his dogged determination or skill.

He hails from Lake Forest, Illinois. Playing for Nichols, and the league they are in, was more conducive to his wide-open style of play than playing in the more physical Midwestern D3 leagues. His development was greatly enhanced by playing with 2 seniors this past season. Prior to that he played 4 years of Junior hockey. Three of those seasons in what is now known as the NA3HL, and his final year with, I believe, 3 different teams in the NAHL. He scores a good portion of his points on the PP, but he is always in an aggressive offensive mode when on the ice. He thrives with space.

I think LE will be a good addition to the Utica team. However, he'll be hard pressed to match those same numbers at Utica. I also feel it would be unfair to expect that same level of production from him during his first tour with Utica. I wish LE the best of luck with his new team.
        2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
        THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

is Utica's schedule posted yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            That's a big pickup for the Pios. He probably won't replicate those numbers but think 15-20 goals wouldn't be out of the question...especially with Utica's cake OOC schedule.
            Interesting situation because you don't see many star players on one D3 team transferring to another D3. Usually it is the guys who are not receiving a lot of playing time transferring out. But I do remember a player from Salem transferring to Oswego when Salem droped out of the ECAC E. The only D3 player I can remember coming into Norwich recently was a player from the college in North Adams, MA when that school ended its hockey program.

Others might remember but I can not recall teams like Middlebury, Plattsburgh, or Norwich picking up many D3 players from other teams over the years.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
              Interesting situation because you don't see many star players on one D3 team transferring to another D3. Usually it is the guys who are not receiving a lot of playing time transferring out. But I do remember a player from Salem transferring to Oswego when Salem droped out of the ECAC E. The only D3 player I can remember coming into Norwich recently was a player from the college in North Adams, MA when that school ended its hockey program.

Others might remember but I can not recall teams like Middlebury, Plattsburgh, or Norwich picking up many D3 players from other teams over the years.
              I believe Cote was the name of the MCLA kid that transferred to Norwich.

Kevin Huinnik and Justin Fox both transfered from Salem to Oswego.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Just a season or two ago one of Finlandia's leading scorers transferred to Plattsburgh. I'm not sure he dressed for a single game, and eventually transferred out. That move seemed odd to be, but can't blame the guy for wanting to give it a go with a bigtime program.

Comment

Interesting situation because you don't see many star players on one D3 team transferring to another D3.
                  Last Spring Lake Forest's leading scorer, Bushbacher, transferred to Lawrence. This past season he was LU's #3 scorer. I bring this up because of the irony that Bushbacher and Educate played for the same club youth hockey team when they were Midgets. Both have played for many years on Illinois' Northshore hockey scene.

Both players made a move that was an upgrade.
                  2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                  THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

Originally posted by ilikehockey View Post
                    is Utica's schedule posted yet ?
                    Not yet. I've checked UCpioneers.com, USCHO.com, D3hockey.com and UticaAud.com..... I do not believe its posted yet. But I would love to know when it will be since half the teams they're playing have released theres.
                    Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                    Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                    Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                    2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                    2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                      Not yet. I've checked UCpioneers.com, USCHO.com, D3hockey.com and UticaAud.com..... I do not believe its posted yet. But I would love to know when it will be since half the teams they're playing have released theres.
                      I'll talk to who i need to talk to and let you guys know at the very least who our nonconference opponents will be.

I have the following three NC opponents confirmed right now:
                      Oswego(twice)
                      Morrisville
                      Fredonia

The latter two will be our opening weekend.

As for Lou, i certainly think he can add some scoring punch to the lineup. But how much remains to be seen. His goal production will likely take a hit, and that's going to come with the territory of having a better crew around you (and i mean, look at Coffman between his sophomore and junior years if you'd like to see an example) , plus a far more difficult schedule than he faced at Nichols. If he's willing to take one for the team and fit the system, I feel he's going to be a quality addition. I say he scores 15-16. Maybe more. Maybe less.

The good news is that 27 goals is certainly the mark of an excellent finisher, and that's something Utica desperately needs right now, particularly with Coffman's departure. As a team, that is certainly going to get better with Chlanda returning and Hertz having his right hand man Adam Graff back to set him up. But nonetheless, the more options you have to finish off the play, the better your chances of winning the game and Lou could be a tremendous asset in that department.

My only other concern is possibly discipline. Taking a look under the hood at his player page on USCHO, i've counted four game misconducts last year. That's something that hopefully gets better with age. Or a coach can only hope so.

However, one question for anyone who might know: How is this kid's skill set on the powerplay? He had 5 extra--manners last year.
                      Last edited by vcxc3200; 05-30-2012, 12:08 AM.
                      Our bite is worse than our bark....
                      Top guys, out.

Comment

Ahh, Utica is known to be poachers, they stole Cody Adams from Plattsburgh
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                          Ahh, Utica is known to be poachers, they stole Cody Adams from Plattsburgh
                          You guys can have him back ...He's like Hagrid from Harry Potter. He's huge and looks intimidating but doesn't do much in the way of production and is scared to hit half the time.
                          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Jason Wilson transferred from Cortland to NU in the mid 00's
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                              You guys can have him back ...He's like Hagrid from Harry Potter. He's huge and looks intimidating but doesn't do much in the way of production and is scared to hit half the time.
                              Potter Wasn't he a crampy goalie poached by Oswego?
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X